Should we sue small giants? They are falsely advertising the legend summons!

I don´t wanna sue or will sue, this is a game and is meant to play and enjoy it but there is people who spend thousands of dollars on it so maybe it´s more important for them…

Well I mean you did put it in the title of your post… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It is not a verifiable claim.

When I looked at loot box unit pricing, the current HotM changes from summons to summons because the gem amounts are different and the bundle discounts are different.

An old trick for GSA is to sell the government 10x computers, but sell commercial customers 10x computers plus 15x printers. Since the bundles are different the company does not have to guarantee the cost per computer is equal, or lower, for the GSA versus the commercial customer.

Per $1.00 USD, Tavern of legends $29.99 USD is the best chance for Legendary heroes in Empires.

2 Likes

Isn’t that a dangerous game to be playing? While summons are kept at a remove from actual money there’s already a push to get loot boxes regulated as gambling. If they start playing word games with their published odds, they’re going to start making regulators take a hard look at them.

2 Likes

I’m counting on them to slip up, it is the only way they will learn lol

Personally I think their published odds are useless

But regulators are already struggling with loot box business models.

As long as Apple, and Google, allow them to publish on Apple, and Google, platforms then SGG/ Zynga are happy.

The game is already 3 years into its creators 5-8 year hopes. It has already earned millions.

2 Likes

Technically the chance may be considered as increased here, no matter how small it may be, if the chance anywhere else is zero.

It says it has an increased chances to summon an old hero. I think people are getting really hung up on the math but in this portal they are technically correct. 1.3 > 1.2.

It’s a terrible summon portal, leave it alone but technically correct is the best kind of correct

It doesn’t. It says increased chance for legendary heroes.

Which means any legendary heroes, current, old, hotm…

There’s no mention of the word ‘old’ in your screenshot

1 Like

Legendary = 5*

Doesn’t matter what the origins of the legendary is unless it says “Event Legendary” hero or somethin of the sorts

If you don’t have increased chances for legendary heroes compared to other portals then yea I’d say that’s pretty falsely advertising from an ethics standpoint but as others pointed out legally they could be comparing that portal to the daily summons portal for all we can prove :roll_eyes:

So yea be p*ssed off about it
Request it changed

But i wouldn’t advise wastin time or money on a suit that will get you nowhere but worse off than where you started

Just my 2 cents

4 Likes

that is cool.
Wait isn’t the legend summon less

I don’t see any issue with their wording (not with the chances itself tho, they suck as well the portal itself).

It’s all compared to epic summoning portal, and Taverns definitely has increased chance for legendary hero.

Even elemental summoning portal mentioned in OP use the same sentence “Increased chance for legendary ELEMENT hero”.

I can’t verify it now but I’d expect the same sentence on all portals other than the epic one.

1 Like

I don’t disagree it’s poorly worded. I just think one has an increased chance over the other meaning technically in this portal there’s an increased chance since there’s a chance to get a certain legendary which is greater than another.

We can argue intent and semantics all we like but you get that in a court of law and you’d lose.

I get the increased dislike of all things E&P at the moment but I think this particular battle isn’t one worth fighting.

cant lie , i am curious and excited to see if you are really want to sue SG , i hope it worthed for every penny and time you wasted just for … justice ?

I think they just used some of the previously used word strings, like one used for the event or Atlantis portal.

Probably they themselves are caught by surprise how crappy the odds for Legends Summon were designed.

I’d expect this to be patched soon. Since the odds are published, I don’t think anyone can sue them really. It’s like every shampoo per the ads is “the best shampoo”, you are there as a concious customer to decide whether you buy this bs or not by studying details. There were far bigger issues for false advertising, ex. translation mistakes which still lead people to believe that some heroes are stronger than they actually are (Raffaele in Polish still heals all allies 50% hp, and not “to 50% of their max hp”). Yet, noone is in court.

I honestly don’t follow. Let’s pretend we are in a Court of Law and we are putting on some submissions.

Or just entertain me as to facts and construction of terms.

The chance of pulling ANY legendary at the Legends Summon is 1.2% + 1.3% + 0.1% = 2.6%
(this percentage)

Whether you compare this percentage to:

1. that in the Elemental Summon (2.5% + 1.3% = 3.8%)

or

1. that in the Epic Hero Summon (1.5% + 1.3% = 2.8%)

the odds of pulling ANY legendary at the Legends Summon are less than those in the latter two portals.

The Legends Summon portal says the complete opposite. It says there is an increased chance for Legendary Heroes.

Legendary Heroes include Legendary Classic Heroes, Legendary Heroes of the Month and Legendary Past Heroes of the Month, as they all fall under the category of ‘Legendary’.

It is not a case of semantics, it is very clear. Unless you are saying I have the odds wrong.

1 Like

Just how I read it. One number is higher than the other thusly a greater chance of getting one is there.

Not really a discussion I care about tbh…the summons are what they are. Kinda fed up with people complaining about them.

1 Like

You’re entitled to this view.

But I and many others are equally entitled to be fed up when any company engages in misleading or deceptive conduct and thinks they can get away with it.

And I’m also entitled to give you a proper response when you mention that this would ‘lose’ in a ‘court of law’ when I think the facts speak otherwise.

1 Like

Very well said, and my assumption as well. It’s all compared to the ‘normal’ epic summoning portal. And can’t bring the bonus chances into the calcs - it’s bonus!

1 Like

Of course but until you take it to court you can’t possible know that.

And since clever lawyers get scumbags with money off things all the time you need to factor that into your thought process. I think it would lose. You don’t. But until tested in said court of law all opinions are moot