Should small alliances be disbanded and be required to maintain a min number of players!

And a 1 man alliance makes you always no.1 by the lowest cost lol.

Only one question: WHY?
I’d love to hear some valid arguments. Nothing with “competition” or other weak factors that always depend on the playstyle and the player (or your personal disliking).

Actually there is a minimum requirements for participation in wars. I don’t know if something changed with the last updates, but in the beginning of this year I pressed war tab before to bring my alt into alliance. Then a message popped up and said the alliance should have at least 3500 score for participating in wars. OK, after finishing few titans, one can reach that score, but still… I think the devs introduced this minimum requirement such that an alliance to have 2 members at least for the wars. And I don’t see where the problem is. I know personally 2 alliances wich are husband and wife. They play when they can and how they can. Nobody slaps their wrist because they missed one flag at titan or war. They play only for fun and only they have time for this. Not everyone has our free time. And I don’t see why someone could have issues with this, with small alliances. They represent no harm. And obviously, they would be kicked out from a bigger and active alliance.

1 Like

I won’t flag your comment, but somebody will :rofl:

Everyone here knows is wrong, but no need for insults.

I don’t see that the case has been made anywhere, to explain what these small and/or dormant alliances are taking away from larger, more active ones, simply by existing :confused:

As far as I understand: active players :stuck_out_tongue: but if someone’s not good enough at recruiting, that problem wouldn’t be solved with disbanding small alliances, hehe…

Really? Please explain. All alliances get 5 points for a win and 1 for a loss. Tell me why it would take longer for a 2 person alliance to fill their war chest.

As per my original comment, what I would like to see changed is war loot. A 2 person alliance currently gets the same war loot as a 30 person alliance for almost no effort. Also, matchmaking is extremely broken for alliances with less than ~27 members, this has been proven over and over in the matchmaking thread.

I would actually like to see war loot scale based on war score, but if I suggest that people will be upset about weaker alliances not getting the same loot or find a way to rant about p2w.

I guess he meant harder instead longer…

Really? No effort? Please enlighten us…

1 Like

That’s what she said.

1 Like

Hahahaha, I didn’t think of this :rofl: :rofl:

Coordination requires effort. Coordinating targets with 29 others is harder than coordinating with 1 other person.

No an insult but just snowflakes however based on the replies it looks everyone is assuming that small alliances have 4k teams when in reality is mostly for new players smh

Indeed. But in the bigger alliance you got to choose what you attack. It is more difficult for me and requires a lot of luck and skills to kill the same 4300+ at least 3 times. War is war, battle is battle, there is no such thing there is less effort in a smaller alliance. On contraire, I would say.

2 Likes

Your ORIGINAL thing talked about recruiting…and that “effort” is another weak argument.
There are lots of 30-players-alliances never ever thinking about coordinating. I’ve been in such an alliance once. They hit, when they want or even don’t hit at all…
And tbh - as I am the “war coordinator” of our alliance: to put 1,2 messages into the featured message is not THAT effort at all - would be less if the crappy user interface for that featured message would be better…

Another thing, you didn’t pay attention to: The number of people in an alliance has nothing to do with the number of people in this alliance participating in war. We are 27 people and at the moment 17-18 are participating, because some are in holiday, some have a new job, some have other real life issues they didn’t talk about…(and yes, matchmaking is worse now, but why should we get less loot for worse matchmaking???)…

Edit
Tbh: I just can’t stand to cut something that doesn’t hurt anyone. I can’t see why it hurts a higher alliance, if smaller alliances would get the same. That’s some enviousness I can’t understand - if you think, it’s no effort, you’re free to build your own small alliance. If you think you’re better off in a larger one, be it.

1 Like

Hi Kids,

Pay attention - this is how communism was born.

This is the only real valid argument for small alliances. It could indeed be more difficult to kill a strong team over and over. Unfortunately since matchmaking works poorly at lower member count, it’s unlikely to be a fair matchup in the first place.

Really? Please quote me where I talked about recruitment. My only comments have been about AW loot.

Sure there are. No offense, buts that’s pretty poor coordination and will usually lose to a more coordinated alliance.

I specifically said members opted in for war. If loot was better based on participation (even better based on war score) there would actually be an incentive for more members to opt in and contribute. In turn, this would result in better matchmaking. Also, this is how everything else works - notice that as less members contribute you end up fighting worse titans and getting worse loot?

Of course this would also result in alliances with mixed interest in war to split up, but I think that’s a good thing. Alliance wars are the best feature SG added. Not because they’re fun, but because they’re good for the longevity of the game as it gave a good reason to need more than a couple strong heroes.

Do you also support participation trophies in sports? Personally I think competition is great and top performers should be rewarded. In this case it’s even worse because the loot is random.

What is this “co-ordination”? :confused: We just come online and attack whatever team looks roughly beatable (trying to leave the weakest enemies for lower level members for efficiency’s sake). Usually works. Sometimes doesn’t.

I hate to think what would happen if one of the leaders started trying to get us to use the same coloured tanks or some such horse deposit. They’re mostly just grateful that we show up to use our flags.

2 Likes

And here we go… The weaker alliance has a nightmarish war. If this alliance win, why shouldn’t deserve a very good loot? And what the loot has to do with you and your life, after all? Envy much? If is so easy for a small alliance everything, then go and build one and leave us be.

You’re right. Why bother with proper matchmaking. Just match up alliances randomly, why bother trying to avoid ‘nightmarish matchups’.

Btw you’re in a topic titled ‘should small alliances be disbanded’. I understand you’re all emotional about this, but what I’m proposing is nowhere near that so you can calm down.