Should slow heroes be stronger?

Great idea. I was thinking along the lines of some inert ability and this would do it. I quickly came up with: The ability to toggle the SS to auto fire upon charge, more overall stats, equipped troops automatically gain 2 levels, the rest of your team gets some minor bonus, chance to dodge, chance to gain additional mana like a critical hit does additional damage, etc.

1 Like

Very simple.

Slow heroes need to be heavily retuned. More base health/defense so they canā€™t be 1- or 2-shot. For attack heroes, the damage needs to be devastating and for cleanse, buff, debuff, the effect needs to last longer and be stronger. Period.

With the exception of Mother North and Alberich, they only work in the tank position ā€“ and even there, only a very few are better than average and fast heroes in the tank spot.

3 Likes

Itā€™s worth the discussion, but Iā€™m yet to be convinced.

I have lots of slow heroes as a proportion of my 5* so I use them often.

Elena and Isarnia are great on offense and can make decent flank on defence.

Justice is a decent tank.

In the 4* Tournaments, Colen and LJ are useful. Colen after Wilbur is lights out.

4 Likes

Until Snow White came out, she is a devastating flank imo, high attack/defense and it is over when she fires. She is no tank and wasted on wing. I run zim-king-hood-snow-king or zim-king-guin-snow-hood for good results, that must be snow whites doing :thinking:

Slow heroes have their useā€¦you just need to get the hang of how to use them. mixed with the right heroes to keep them alive and boost their specials, they are utterly devastating. Hereā€™s some killer combos against any defense. BT + Wilbur + Elena + Azlar. Zero survival chance for the enemy if 10 red tiles connect. No matter what enemy. Or the purple version, Rigard (costume) + Kunchen + Quintus (or Tibs (costume) for those not lucky enough to have Kunchen). These combos are tested team killers and are based on ampified AOE damage from slow heroes.

1 Like

The normal typical match is 3 tiles of a color.

Very fast with lvl 11 mana = 2 matches
Very fast without mana troop = 3 matches
Fast with or without mana troops = 3 matches
Average with lvl 23 mana = 3 matches
Average without mana troop = 4 matches
Slow with or without mana troop = 4 matches
Very slow with lvl 23 mana troop = 4 matches
Very slow without mana troop = 5 matches

So unless youā€™ve invested heavily into mana troops, there is not any difference between average and slow unless you get a 4 or 5 match during play, so most of the time they will charge together.

1 Like

Slow is the new meta.
Very slow will be the next. :wink:

As long as you wonā€™t put 5 slowies on your defense, slow and average are okay imo.

Most of the best heroes of the game are average or slow.

Slowies:
Boss, nordic Mum, Santa, Alby, LotL, Miki, Kunch, Azlar, Isa, Viv, ā€¦

Averagenes:
Ursl, Ariel, Hel, Mitsy, Proteus, Rigs, ā€¦

Fastā€™nā€™Furious:
Snipers & Gravey
more ā€¦ Āæ

1 Like

MN, LOTL, Kunchen, Albi and Azlar can be a nightmare for diamond arena starters.

1 Like

They are still nightmare to meā€¦

Its a race to see how fast I can kill them offā€¦
Usually manageable but things will start spiraling out of control when these must-be-killed-first all are gathered in a single defense team.

I once met with a very obliterating defense team in the form of:

Azlar - Lady of the Lake - Kunchen - Onatel - Alberich

Of whichā€¦ three of them are must be killed first (considering Kunchen are dealt with by mono tiles). I remember this setup very well.

First try, after Kunchen is taken outā€¦ I go for Alberich firstā€¦ and then Azlar fired. Total loss.
Second try, I go for Azlar first and LotL was taken out as well by cascading tilesā€¦ Alby conveniently revived them.
Third try I decided to shift to 3-1-1 team and got lucky with the tiles.

2 Likes

Attacks with this team will be fun.

1 Like

Generally:

Fast heroes will take out one of yours. Maybe not one-shot but make them so weak that the next hit will do it. Slow heroes will weaken your entire team if they go off. Much more of a priority to ensure they donā€™t.

2 Likes

The hardest Iā€™ve had fought with was a team of MN, LotL, Ursena, Guin, and Isarnia all on +18 emblem. Attempted twice but I did not succeed.
Iā€™d rather attack a team full of fast heroesā€¦

1 Like

Season 1- 5 star slow heroes

In order for them to be viable as the game moves on they should become of medium speed at least. That is for the non costume versions which the majority of the base players has invested a lot of time in, right now they are like senior citizens without getting a pension.

3 Likes

Youā€™re not wrong, but as a business, why would SG want to make the free heroes on the same tier with those with higher rarity?

That would remove an incentive for pulling.

1 Like

Totally understand this.

But is there a certain point at which powercreep goes too far? To the point that new players canā€™t ever possibly hope to try to catch up, let alone keep upā€¦ even if they do spend a lot of money, theyā€™ll still be at a major disadvantage due to how long it takes to acquire ascension materials and level up heroes.

Iā€™m thinking there should be a middle ground here. They donā€™t have to go so far as to making classic heroes as good as the new ones, but weā€™re on S3 now, I think itā€™s been long enough that newbies and FTP/CTP should at least be able to keep up with heroes from the S2 era.

I know, I know, I knowā€¦ I get shot down instantly every time I suggest that Atlantis heroes and very old HotMs be added to TC20, because other people paid a lot of money to get them, why should I get them for free, blah blah blah. But there are games that I bought brand new for $60, and a year or two later, you can find the exact same game in the bargain bin for $5. I never complained about that. There are so many old heroes in this game that are no longer worth anywhere near what they once were, yet theyā€™re still charging the same price for them. Maybe it is time for a rebalance of some sort.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe so, but I get your frustration.

I donā€™t know much of a way around this. FWIW, I caught up and I started playing just over a year ago. I a Pay to Play, but it was not hard for me to get up to speed with pulling smart and at the right times. IMHO it should be VERY hard to catch up with senior players. Why should I be able to start playing and get on a level playing field with people that have spent thousands and played for three years?

I disagree with being added to TC20, but it seems like from what I have seen from some of the new features, there will be ways for folks to get old HOTM (many of which are still AMAZING, looking at you GM, Hel, Athena, etc).

for once you and are arenā€™t too far apart from each other on this point.

1 Like

Fair enough. Iā€™ve only been playing for 20 months myself, and no way am I going to spend thousands. I donā€™t expect to ever keep up with those guys. Iā€™d be content enough with pulling a Proteus, Wilbur, Ariel, Vivica, etc. And yes of course the old HotM as well, but the odds on those portals are so ridiculously low, that I know Iā€™ll never have a reasonably decent chance of pulling them. 1.3% chance when I canā€™t afford to buy stacks of gemsā€¦ I just know itā€™s probably never going to happen for me. Which is fine, I can still enjoy the game at lower tiers. But Iā€™d probably enjoy it more if I had better heroes. :smile:

Itā€™s fine, if the game is always going to be geared towards higher spenders, thatā€™s just the way it is, and Iā€™m left with three options: (1) spend more, (2) donā€™t spend and just accept it for what it is, or (3) quit the game.

Iā€™m choosing option 2 for now. But Iā€™m still going to voice my opinions, and hope that they change some things. Itā€™s okay if they decide itā€™s not in their best interests to do so, I always still have option 3 available if I ultimately decide ā€œenough is enoughā€. Until thenā€¦ Iā€™ll probably just stick around and continue to annoy them. :grin:

Thanks for the respectful reply. :wink:

A few thoughts from me as an 1 year player, having invested some money indeed.

I started without costumes, without valorpass, without new rewarded events, without tavern of legends.

So there are quite a few new and relatively cheap new tools for players.
The costumes are one way to strenthen up some heroes.

No, dont ever just ā€œpushā€ regular heroes to a faster mana. Dont do that.

You could or should bring some new ideas to make slow heroes stronger, but that should be very carefully brought to life and there are plenty of ideas for it in existing threads.

The major Problem with most slow aoe hitters from my point of view:
Defense:

• theyre just too controllable with many manacontrolling heroes
  • even with tiles, they still charge too slow IMO

Offense:

• the damage feels like 20% too low. It doesnt feel the same to fire a slow aoe heroe in offense. (When a defending aoe hero fires, it feels like my team is down to 50%)
  • most of the time you will have 2 or even 3 enemy heroes down before your slow hero fires. And then the slow hero is just pointless when hitting 2 enemies with 210%.

I personally love the idea to have two war-defenses. After the first is cleared, the second comes online.
(Still the total time for the war attack should be the same or even shorter)
With this idea you would charge up all your team before (like in the events) and build up tiles.

That could be a great opportunity to have the slow hitters back in the game, as it could be possible to wipe out the second defense in short time.

And: why isnt there any very slow hitter that does like 720% (or something like that) damage to a single Target? There is like any other combination, but not this one?!?

Lately, after having gathered mostly slow heroes in the roster, and seeing that their war and tournament ā€œvalueā€ is definitely lower in comparison to any average or fast hero, I got a simple idea that can give them some good perspective and offer players the chance to make good use of them. Here goes nothing: Why not make Slow speed heroes having the meta ability of setting off their Special attack at a percentage of their full mana (ofcourse above 50%) while damaging/healing (and not anything else meaning status effects) at the same percentage eg.think of an Azlar that can set off at an average speed (about at 75% of his full mana) but making only 75% of his full damage potential. What do u think?
Well, if not this, any good idea that make Slow heroes more active in fights will be appreciated by many, many players for sure!

The slower way of E&P.
Slow, slower, very slow.

5 Likes