Should Season 2 World Energy costs be reduced?

What if the reduction was upon completion of season 2 hard?

AR = 3 WE off
Completing S2 hard = 2 WE off, except during AR

This might be enough to get me to farm regularly in S2 levels when it isn’t AR

5 Likes
  • stringently so
  • yes
  • I need more data
2 Likes

I think this could be good and fair.

Yeah but there hasn’t been any REASON given that the energy of S3 should change…

I mean I agree with you in principle but realistically the only reason stated in this thread is “it’s rediculous!!”

Why is it rediculous? Compared to what?

Are you referring to Atlantis Rises?

It wasn’t introduced until 2-3 months AFTER all provinces & stages on the S2 map were released

2 Likes

Were all of the Avatar missions in S2 released at the end? Or were they always available from the beginning of its release? It would be nice to be able to pick away at those early on while I burn WE.

Maybe they should drop season 2 WE twice per month. During AR and during Valhalla event. So if someone wants to do the season 3 levels quickly they could do a couple season 2 hard levels too. Nobody will touch season 2 when Valhalla portal is open much anyway. Season 3 levels with be expensive WE wise and it could help with farming if Season 2 cost was dropped while new levels are unlocked

AR 4 ever without pulling gate available all the time.

Then put all HotM older than 3 month inside it and open it alternately with the costume chamber.

On weekends as follows:
1st: Atlantis portal
2nd: Event/Seasonal pulls
3rd: Costume chamber
4th: Valhalla gate

If a 5th: All together Sunday only

If they reduced the cost of S2 around the clock I wouldn’t even be mad that I spent the full energy costs completing it because who cares, now I’d get to farm it around the clock. Right now it’s too expensive to farm. I just stick to 12-9 until it’s AR.

3 Likes

The costs are already lowered during AR. And it seems enough to me.

No, they were there from the start (or rather the Moth and Parrot missions were, and if you completed one, it opened the next in the chain).

2 Likes

nice one thanks for the info! :+1:

I wonder if they will ever do a series 1 hard mode or maybe advanced to get beginners up,a bit more before Atlantis at a moderate WE rise.

They should lower energy cost for Season 2 and reason why is simple. If energy cost is the same as Season 3 then nobody will do Season 2 stages. They do not have to lower by much, from 6 to 5 for example. Not much but still better. Atlantis Rises is not solution.

Yes, I would personally see a reduce to all S2 stages, and have many motives for such a change. But let’s not go there.

Let’s just see this game from a developer perspective alone, inorder to avoid any possible incling that we may hold a opinion that can put us at risk of looking like we may have a complaint. Because that would simply not look any good for our character, so why risk it right.

So with that in mind, why not rise the WE cost slightly instead? Until everyone have grown accustomed to it, and alot of people on the forum might eventually even come to defend higher WE costs of S2, and new players that are then being used to higher WE costs from the start, could potentially be even more rigorous in their beliefs that it is all fair and square pricing as expected, because of the implicit understanding that various revenue goals need to be meet and rised with every new update.

Cost reductions to this game is quite a pipe dream it seems, and alot of people on this forum even seem to discurage others to even mention anything that implys a cost reduced idea. So we may as well discuss other things only, like different heros etc. Because you never know how long a game like this might hold togheter. Play while it lasts is probably the best way to go about it all. That’s all

No I would not permanently reduce S2 costs, any new players already benefit from Atlantis rising reducing the cost of playing through and additional coin drops. I feel they should grind through the game and have the full experience as us long term players have. Stop trying to make things easy and remove the main reason I play this, the longevity

And that would be a bad choice, as Atlantis coons are likely to still be valuable, and the rewards for completing both normal and hard are SUBSTANTIAL.

And S2:1-*hard gets run a lot for the loot despite the energy costs. AR is likely to remain the king for farming for some time.

I’d love it if s3 brought some new farming spots, but it doesn’t really matter. Any farm level becomes boring eventually.

I really don’t get why veterans get so angry when something they’ve completed gets made more accessible when new things come along.

It’s like complaining that your old smartphone (old as in you recently upgraded to the latest) is now going on sale. You’ve got access to the latest stuff, but are bitter because other people are getting access to what used to be the latest stuff, at a discount.

A reduction of WE will help newer players catch up more quickly too, given you need to have reached province 15 in S2.

And - although this is a long time away - what happens when S4 comes along? S5? I think whenever a new season comes out, the old one(s) get current AR WE costs, and there is that 3 or so day period when all old seasons have their special portal once a month. So, now with S3 we’d have AR WE costs permanent for S2 going forward, and the AR timeslot just for the portal. When S4 comes, S3 gets the permanent WE reduction too, and the AR timeslot (obviously called something else, “Mists of Time” or whatever) has two portals now, S2 and S3.

3 Likes

Because they WILL nerf the loot if they reduce the costs. Thinking otherwise is a pipe dream.

And nerfing the loot will harm newer players FAR more than a reduction in energy costs. Particularly as long as AR is a thing. My game improved drastically once I understood how to farm AR.

1 Like

Absolutely I think so. I never waste my already scarce energy on expensive Atlantis levels until it’s Rises time and it’s worthwhile to play. Considering how long it takes world energy to regeneration and how little of it you actually get, Atlantis really ought to be cheaper now another energy-expensive season is open.

It really annoys me btw when Atlantis levels pop up in path to valor and I have to waste almost an entire evening of play’s energy on them.