Should i strip vela for freya?

next month we have purple tank, i am working like crazy to max Freya.

i have vela currently at +15 and can get her to +20.
should i strip vela to fully emblem freya? or give them both emblems?

technically speaking is it better to have one at +20 or distribute emblems among the 2 making them stronger but not max strength.

keeping in mind that Vela is currently one of two 5* blues i have at 4/80
and i only have one purple 5* currently at 4/80.

Since you only have one other Ice 5*, I suppose you use Vela quite a lot. In this case, I would not strip Vela for Freya until you get more, better Ice heroes maxed. But I would invest all my emblems in Freya, who has a more significant role in the meta and not give Vela any other emblems in the future.

The exception is if you plan to use Freya as tank. Then it is worth to strip Vela and put them all on Freya.

1 Like

I was in this same spot a few months ago.

As much I really like my Vela the War defence was more important so I stripped all 20 back from Vela and put them all into Freya.

I use Freya in all my farming/S4 maps so it’s worked out for me.

2 Likes

I guess Vela is in your war defense right?

If so I would not strip her.

Freya does not really need emblemed to tank cause the most important part of her is the mana cut so you can just start embleming her as of now without streaping Vela

1 Like

Mmmm… I didn’t know Freya was that kinky. :rofl:

In all seriousness, because Freya will be your war tank, yes. Give all the emblems to Freya. And because Freya is much nastier than Vela, yes. However, if you still plan to use Vela, especially on defense, then splitting emblems might be ideal…for now.

1 Like

@The_Seeker and @Cheds and @Artamiss

vela is in my raid def and war def when tank is not blue. blue tank is LB Boril
my other blue is frida at +14. magni on hold until i finish freya. rest 5* are far from maxed

what if i have vela at +10 and freya at +10 will that effect vela much? or is it better to keep vela at +15 and give the rest to freya when maxed? until i get to have them both at +20

my other +20 druid is caedmon, but because i dont have a lot of green offensive heroes, i am a bit hesitant about stripping him.

The issue is really both are made a lot better by getting to 20. So having 2 at 10 is probably a little Jack of all trades, master of none.

Much depends on your wars tbh. If you aren’t all rocking +20 tanks then you could probably make do with both at 10 (will be both a little more as 19 & 20 eat emblems) is not a bad call.

You can work on them over time as you get more

1 Like

Personally, in your current position, I would split the emblems 50/50.
Both heroes will still be sound.
And you can work on each of them as you progress in the game and improve in strength

3 Likes

we have a mixture of players some are below lvl 50 so not all tanks at +20

thats the plan, i just dont want to mess things up on my war defense team, make myself an easy target lol

I find that reseting emblems on vela to split them is a major waste of ressources.

I would personally just stop vela there at +15 and start working on freya.

Freya will do just find even without emblem or few considering your alliance level

2 Likes

i am also leaning more towards that, i have already reset vela once because i didnt know about emblems paths.
i have 637 emblems which could get Freya to +9
then i will test it out for one war and see how that goes, if it blows up in my face i will switch the red tank lol
and work on both of them as i get more emblems

they will both be in my def team after all…

Yes. I pulled Freya the month she came out and stripped Vela of 19 emblems. Was such a good decision for me.

1 Like

Unless you don’t have other 5* Nature dispellers and you still use him regularly for wars, you should keep Caedmon emblemed. I still use mine and I think he is one of the best 4* snipers.

Otherwise, I concur with others. I think it’s a waste of resource to strip Vela and then emblem her again. You can do much better things with that food - research, items etc. And since she is still part of your defense, she needs some extra “bite” and survivability.

So I recommend you to do what I also do, being in a similar situation - just give all the new emblems you gain to Freya. And if/ when you get a better druid than Vela, you can strip her.

1 Like

what i am planning to do is keep vela at +15
give all 650 emblems i have to freya, give her an extra kick to be a better tank
then work on both with time to get them both to +20

my other druids are a loooong way from bein anywhere near an emblem lol
Horghall at 3/39
kadilen at 2/10
chakkoszrot at 1/1
by the time i get them done i am sure i will have enough emblems :joy:

1 Like

thank you everyone for the help
i really appreciate the advice you all gave me, helped me reached what i think is the best decision
:bows:

2 Likes