Should I ride the rainbow question

I’ve noticed that when a lot of people attack a Team whether in wars or raids they will attack the team according to their enemies tank or go heavy in one color for other reasons to. I almost always use a rainbow team this way I can always use all the tiles but which way do you think is the best way to attack a team?

I play 3-2 or 3-1-1, for example. Rainbow is not an option anymore.

1 Like

In my opinion rainbow is the weakest offence and strongest defense. And I do NOT think its even close.

4 Likes

Each approach has it’s own ups and downs. If rainbow, you diminish the risk of a bad board, but also the chance of a swift victory. The more you stack colors, the more your chances of fast killing enemies with tiles grow and also the chance of filling multiple hero’s mana bars at the same time, but, at the same time, you increase the risk of not getting combos of the needed color and head for epic defeats. The most efficient killing machine is the mono team. Usually, three tiles from a well structured mono team are enough to take out the tank early in the fight. Also, this strategy carries the greatest risk of not getting the needed tiles in time. I think most raiders chose the mid way, bringing some 3/2 or 3/1/1 or 2/1/1/1 teams to the battlefield, allowing them for more flexibility when it comes to bad boards. Personally, I find 3/2 to be the most efficient formula over time. But there’s no perfect way to win raids, just a heavy roster, and a bit of knowledge and skill, spiced with a whole full load of luck.

5 Likes

You covered me in full!!

I think most people use rainbow at the beginning, because they literally only have five “good” heroes, and the temptation is to just keep replacing with your strongest new one, keeping a rainbow.

But since you are bringing up the question, I suspect you are getting to a point where you should try branching out. 2-2-1 is very easily doable (2 matching the tank, 2 one flank, 1 the other flank), but when you are able to go 3-2 or 3-1-1, you will see marked improvement in your raid success (and bigger falls every night when your defense gets hammered). Many people even go to a “mono” attack once they have the heroes for it. If one mono team has good synergy, there are even people who take the same team regardless of the tank color.

I am personally at the point of experimenting with mono. As I am CTP bordering on FTP, I don’t have any of the Elemental defense down heroes, or a Tarlak or a Miki. But I still have a much higher success rate with mono teams. Occasionally the boards totally destroy me (one war attack this time, I never charged a single special), but I am usually able to fight back even from a mediocre board, assuming the tank isn’t a heavy hitter (love healers in the middle that I can pour tiles into until I have enough of “my” color).

2 Likes

I use this rainbow team in war on someone around the same level!
Does the job normally!

2 Likes

Yellow and Blue troops for you too huh? Took my FOREVER to pull 4*. Meanwhile red has a full page of them :joy:

3 Likes

Normally my primary attack is 2,1,1,1 and for cleanup sometimes 3,1,1. Defence is 2,1,1,1 strong colour flanking the tank and fast sniper wings/rear. That said, I am a bit flexible, e.g. my attack teams never resemble my defense. They get customised to whoever is the greatest threat to me.

Once you have enough levelled heroes, the balance tips toward stacking vs tank.

But if you have a single rainbow 5 star team fully leveled and to get mono or 3:2 you’d need to bring 3stars of the strong colour, rainbow may still be a stronger option.

For example, assuming they are all leveled fully, I’d rather go into a fight with Lianna/Sartana/Elena/Richard/Vivica than Prisca/Rigard/Sartana/Elena/Rudolph

I am level 52 and have used a rainbow team the whole time. I don’t concentrate on raids but have well over 4,000 raid wins. I hear a lot of people talking about stacking colors and things like that but it just seems like you’re wasting so many tiles but not having all colored Heroes representing

1 Like

Good to hear that perspective

But a lot of people like doubling or tripling a color or sometimes even more so when those tiles hit they have a lot of strength behind them but I also think about the hero color you don’t have represented Windows tiles hit all they are doing is powering up your enemies special skills. So I’m just trying to figure out which way is best

Both.

I’ve ran both rainbow, 3-2 and mono on offense in raids and war. My Alby, Sesh, Azlar, Onatel, and Misandra squad actually got me as high as 62 globally once about a week back.

Conversely, I’ve also had success with my main 3-2 team of Sesh, Sabina, Onatel, and 2x Chao…though I use that more in war than in raiding these days. I like my rainbow synergy better.

And I think that’s the key: much more than color stacking, I think a) what kind of specials synergy you have, and b) how fast you can charge it matters more if you want to run rainbow.

My rainbow squad works because they feed into each other: Alby keeps everyone alive and helps Mana gain; Misandra helps Mana gain and can hit everyone; Sesh dispells, shields herself and charges fast; Onatel controls opposition Mana, self heals, and recharges fast; Azlar is just mean (and with Mana boosting troop, Alby, and Misandra, he usually fires a couple of times).

I think for anyone, the answer is what do you have and what your playstyle is, but I really don’t think either is right or wrong choice depending on what the answer to that is.

Cookie Settings