Should I reset Thorne emblems for Clarissa? Help me with my defense team

Hi everyone! I have just got Clarissa and I have enough royal tabards to ascend her to the fourth tier. Currently I’m using Thorne as my tank. He has the highest defensive stats among my 5* heroes (after Mother North) and he is the only 5* blue hero I have. At the moment, he is at 7th node on his talent grid. I use Marjana and Kageburado as flanks (both on the 7th talent node), and Mother North (9th node) and Leonidas (1st node) as wings. (I have used almost all of monk emblems for Wukong by far, so I do not have a very strong Leonadis).
My other 5* heroes are Boss Wolf, Elena, Elkanen, and Kingston which only Elkanen is on the 4th tier among them.
Among my 4* heroes, I have Kiril (20th talent node) and Bold Tusk (20th talent node) which have the potential to be on my defense team but since I’m playing in diamond arena I’m not sure if they are good enough to be in my defense team in such a competitive arena.
Since Clarissa and Thorne are in the same class (paladin), if I want Clarissa to become a hero worthy of my defense team in diamond arena, I need to reset Thorne emblems and use them for Clarissa. Should I do that? If so, how should my best defense team look like without Thorne?(which is my only 5* blue hero). Should I use Clarissa as my tank? (Considering the fact that Clarissa has a defensive elemental link against specials and I have Kageburado (7th talent node) in my hero roster).
Thank you for your generous opinions in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Imo Clarissa is much more worthy of emblems but can’t say if she’ll be a great tank or not. You could split the emblems between her and Thorne for the time being as well until you have another blue to throw in your defense?

3 Likes

Yes you’re right, but the thing is that I have waited for a good 5* blue hero for a long time and I’m almost giving up. By far I just have Thorne which is only better than not having any 5* blues :sweat_smile:
Anyway, with the current situation, I think I have to either get rid of having a rainbow defense team or get rid of having Clarissa in my defense team, but I don’t know which choice is better :thinking:

1 Like

Throwing a rabbit your way for luck.

1 Like

I’d strip Thorne and use marj are your tank for now

Not sure about the line up… not my forte. Maybe mother north, Clarissa, marj, Leo, kage? … if you don’t want to run rainbow.

Interested to hear other opinions on this.

2 Likes

Marj is a good choice for tank as her stats tilt defense.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting :+1: I’m gonna try it

2 Likes

I don’t know if Marjana could be a good option as a tank.

Some time ago, before ascending Ursena and getting Telluria, I tried Khiona as a tank. I thought putting her there because she was a Rogue (just as Marjana), so possibly she could have avoided some specials (and also for the atk bonus she gives).

I emblemed her on def/life route to make her sturdier and more fit to the role, but the results were not thrilling… Aegir did better in that role, even if he’s definitely more passive.

I would simply swap Clarissa for Leonidas and check how it holds on, but I believe results could be positive.

1 Like

That sounds a good idea too :+1: but in that case in which posution in the defense team should I put Clarissa? She is better to be a flank since it’s better to fire her special frequently if I want to have a chance to win. But without emblems she is fragile in the flank or tank position. Then I have to put her on the sides which in that case she probably can not refill her mana and fire her special more 1 time in a raid.

And about Marjana you are right, she is not the best option. She has a good HP but a meh Defense, so I guess she cannot withstand as long as Thorne in defense. And she is a sniper which only hits one enemy hero when she fires her special. But on the other hand, if I want to take Thorne out of my team, I guess she would be my only option for the tank :thinking:

I’d go with Clarissa on the right wing, taking out Leonidas.

MN has to stay on the left wing, so she will shoot first as soon as her mana is fully. I wouldn’t mind too much about having no emblems for Clarissa, she would be more protected on the wing. Also, I wouldn’t worry about her not shooting, as she’s very fast.
Actually I think she has more chances to shoot twice on the wing… as a flank, she would get more tile damage and considering you have Kage on the other flank, it wouldn’t be unlikely that an attacker decides to go 3+2 with yellow as main colour or with mono yellow.
At least, I would.

Wings are to be likely taken down by specials, but Clarissa’s special also gives you +30% def against those… so my idea is that it’s more convenient to keep her on the wing, especially considered you can’t give her emblems now.
Even with emblems, I wouldn’t use her as tank… her base def value isn’t amazing. I see her more as flank or wing.

1 Like

It’s convincing :+1: I liked your reasoning. I have to put more thought on the arrangement of my team :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry i didnt read any of the posts. To answer your question, yes. Clarissa over Thorne. She’s new lol

1 Like

Cookie Settings