Should i just quit the game?

Congratulations on your results! Four five star heroes in ~100 pulls is basically right in line with expectations (depending on the exact quantity of your 50+ pulls during Atlantis), based on the published, known, and often-not-understood odds.

6 Likes

4 hotm in over 100 that are extra heroes that you get. And 4 copies of same hero it’s ok if you f2p, I’m not that happy since I will only use one.

Just cut back on your spending a bit
Have patience

Heroes always come back around

If you’re that focused on certain heroes, start stashing in game resources such as event coins for specific events and such

6 Likes

From what I get here everyone here it’s ok with the low percentage to actually get something interesting and the bad luck system going around, well I’m not maybe because I saw that there are other games that actually reward you for supporting them.

That’s true but also the best scenario in pulls - to “give you something more”. Unfortunately most of the time pulls are crap and there is clear image of odds in the upper left corner in the pulls when you press the “?”.

You can’t really expect some good pulls with odds close to (+/-) 1%. That’s definitely not right but it’s what this game offers, sadly

You can only take those odds and play with them, if you decide to spend OR just don’t spend at all and try having fun with what game offers you. That’s the only advise i can give you. :slight_smile:

Having a couple of good pulls in x100 draws is actually not bad.

I’ll be the first to tell you that my luck with the claw game is as good as Squidward’s. Have boundaries on spending and understand that your expectations will be met less than 50% of the time
maybe even less.

4ab6e5138a70beac7d9e911cbcbfd476

7 Likes

Yup been that way since the game started

Anyone that can read isn’t surprised

Are you saying we should apologize for being literate?

If you’re expecting a fundamental part of the game’s design to suddenly change because you dislike it, yes i would highly advocate playing a different game

Would be the same reaction as if my friends and i are playing yahtzee and you come in moaning that it isn’t like go fish and if we don’t change the dice to cards then you’re going to play a different game

Majority rule is typically way of the world

Guessing by SG’s success, your unacceptance of the way the game works is in the minority regardless of what people write. The truth is always in dollar signs when it comes to things such as these.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any data, published by SGG or tracked by users, that the summoning odds change based on already owning a hero. Therefore I would feel most comfortable theorizing that already owning a hero changes the odds in no way, until I see some compelling evidence suggesting otherwise.

So, in terms of what you should do, my suggestion would be to alter your philosophic approach to summons. You’re saying you’re not happy because you received a result that was right in line with the published expectations. It feels like either you don’t understand the probability or your expectations are unrealistic because they’re grounded in emotions.

Also, if you felt like the HOTM is unappealing then a strategic adjustment could have been to not summon.

7 Likes

Tell me about it, in the past year I got 5 morgans

2 Likes

Pulled 2 myself this event and haven’t even maxed the first yet

Mainly because greens are a pain in the a$$ to use in wars that are flooded with gravemakers

2 Likes

Seriously, what are the odds of getting the same 5* summon after summon? No other 5 from Avalon

Ps: I gave up atlantis as I get 4+ chochins per summon

1 Like

These are probably what you should be playing then.

No offense but nowhere has it ever been stated with this game that you get “rewarded for supporting them”, and thinking that you should be is what is leading to the frustration. All spending does is give you more chances at the same terrible odds. Does buying 100 or 1000 lottery tickets give you better odds than buying one? No.

4 Likes

Gems

You can spend money on lots of things ( hero slots, team slots, 75 gem continues for rare quest/ tournaments, avatars, pins, etc.).

But if you spend gems for heroes, you need a very big spending budget because Season 3/ Valhalla summons gate is even more of the same.

Shards and trade ( together they fight crime, er merciless RNG )

It is possible shards may fix this problem ( see notes ), but Hero Academy is unlikely to fix it.

Trade seems to be NO until the buy out is complete.

Fixed price

One of the many reason I am retired in game ( I have not used WE since 2020-Jan-11 ) and semi retired on forums. I find fixed priced games ( Zelda Breath of Wind, Stardew Valley, etc. ) much more relaxing than micro transactions ( though I still play Niantic games with mom ).

Notes

Click for notes

Shards

Trade

FIN

1 Like

Can’t put it better than this.

6 Likes

This bit was also good :grin:

Next time my kids trip over their laces, I’m going to suggest a Strategic Adjustment to tie their shoes

8 Likes

I appreciate that every one tries to comfort me, and I know the ~1% ods but to be honest it’s not ok. And even if you are free to play or not no one is rly ok with this, most likely accepted it.
I will do the same and stop spending and if I get bored then stop playing.

3 Likes

I feel you
 did 30 pulls in Avalon and got Morgan and dupe Khagan,

still feel bad even though I technically beat the odds

I think there needs to be another path to getting the new toys we want. like chasing a specific hero with low odds or choice of hero fragments (???)

That’s probably why Season 3 is coming.

I really am okay with it. (I’m almost F2P - £8.97 total.)

I think this is a smart decision that will make you happier.

3 Likes

This is a common problem with loot boxes

Transparency

Click for transparency discussion

From a discussion on Pokémon GO shiny hunting ( think cosmetic only costumes).

(Are lootboxes gambling? Australian inquiry - #125 by Gryphonknight)

FIN

1 Like