Should i emblem Proteus?

hi,
everything is in the title.
i’m using proteus a lot (defense, attacks, pvp, pve etc.), should i emblem him ?
at least to have a better defense.
also, is there a way to increase his damage (i mean DOTs, not tiles) a bit ? will the emblems do it if i choose a full defensive path ? (increase defense & health)
thanks!

note : i don’t have that many 5’s for now, and i’m afraid to use emblems on 4’s that i might not be able to switch later on without losing some, i suppose. i think i have around 250 for him if required

2 Likes

In my honest opinion. Yes you should max and emblems Proteus, that is exactly what I did. You will not regret it

5 Likes

Proteus is a 4* worth the emblems 100%.

I don’t have him emblemed but if I had the emblems available I would.

2 Likes

I’m going +20 with Proteus but I’m not there yet. I went full health and defense

3 Likes

No question - absolutely emblems for Proteus! He’s a game changer in events and that mana block and poison too - you won’t regret it!

2 Likes

He is one of the best 4 stars. If you don’t have any top 5 star wizards, or just not there yet, can’t go wrong with Proteus.

3 Likes

I did and don’t regret it. I gave him a couple defenses to sturdy him up a bit, but the rest atk + health. I bring him everywhere I can though, he’s that useful. I’m stopping at 18 because I have other wizards waiting for emblems and the cost is just too high for the last two. Oh I also have another maxed Proteus, I love him that much!

4 Likes

Fully ascended Hel (no emblems) is 745 - 692 - 1328, so this dude there is really impressive.

2 Likes

Yes, he’s a great hero who deserves the emblems.

(@littleKAF, move to #gameplay-help-tactics?)

Well I have Merlin too (not leveled yet) and classics such as Kiril kashreek etc that share the same emblems. But thanks guys, will level him.a bit :wink: is the dot much bigger as well or it makes no difference ?

Yes, DOT grows with his base atk stat. 327 at max, 363 with my emblem route.

Yes. Without hesitation.

I was in your position and decided to start giving him emblems. Game changing hero and absolutely worth it. Mine is +7 for now all def and hp route, and will keep going.

Absolutely worths it. I have him +20 and use him in raids, events, war and tournaments. In events he is an instant easy-mode against the bosses, you pump him with mana pots and thats it. I went on full defense with him and did not regret it.

4 Likes

Without a doubt! I still haven’t taken any of heroes past level 18 though.

2 Likes

To answer your attack stat issue I think you should use the def and hp route. You don’t bring him for his attack power you want that skill and as a slow hero you need him alive to fire it so boosting his def and hp is my advice. I have Kiril at +20 and he’s great. I started proteus who I have maxed and he’s getting the new wizard emblems until 20. That last little bit is worth it on some classes like druid where you get the 4% mana boost so a l11 mana troop gets one tile less to fire. I go to 20 on them but its up to you. But I think attack is for others use him for what he’s made for.

3 Likes

For me emblems are like leveling my heroes beyond max level. Almost all of my heroes got at least 1 talent, even the 3*.

Having a fat defense isn’t my first goal, I spread all my emblems widely throughout my whole roster to stay competitive in every single aspect of the game, especially titans, wars and tournaments.

3 Likes

I think I would have to agree with this. I took him attack because at the time I needed him to perform with the rest of the team. I always take a healer with me so his defense meant less to me at the time, but without a doubt the smartest route would be defense.

1 Like

You can use reset token and you get all the emblems back. They actually have given 3 away from the trials in October alone. There’s a tracking thread for which trials have them. You only lose 5% if you use gems instead of the reset token. But even then its not a lot that you lose.

2 Likes

YES!!! 20 times over