Should I attempt Farholme Pass? / Yes & Victorious!

Interesting! I can do that. The 3* seem so squishy compared to the 4s so I hadnt considered them too much.

I have:
Blue: Gunnar, Ulmer and Valen maxed plus Agwe at 2/46
Purple:Balthezar, Tyrum, Gill-Ra maxed plus Proteus 2/39 and Cyprian 1/1

2 Likes

If you go into the last stage with full mana and use arrows + axes + bombs + dragon attacks, you can beat basically any level with any team. Works for the last stages of challenge events too. Imo those items are worth using to get a 4* ascension mat.

3 Likes

Do you thow everything at them at the very start of the last stage then?

Follow what @NPNKY suggested. It is awesome advice.

I find that arrows are best used at the very beginning (to get u going), and in the final stage. The other items are as needed, but hopefully only in final stage

2 Likes

Great! Will let you know how things turn out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You better! :smile:

Bombardment!

1 Like

Yes. Might want to bring arrows and axes. Save them all for the boss wave

2 Likes

Managed (barely) on first attempt! Sabina, balthezar, sonya, gunnar and scarlett with axes, arrows mana and health pots. Thanks for all the great advice!!!

15 Likes

Congrats! good to hear. Now you know you can do it and that is what the game is all about.

Good luck a keep on kickin butt!

2 Likes

Congrats on getting by! That last stage with two Dragonian Wizards are quite nasty right? There is no greater letdown and thoughts of defeat when you are looking to deal damage, but was blinded or ran out of healing aids. I always bring small antidotes so I can get rid of status ailments as soon as possible because I don’t have a self cleanser like Rigard.

I asked myself the same question as you did (along with rare quests for other elements) a few months ago. For the longest time before getting myself TC20 up and running and acquiring better heroes, I was rolling with 3 x 4* and 2 x 3* and like you I was able to finish the 4th stage, but put off on the last one in that I didn’t have any 5* heroes at the time the Mats would’ve been good for, and that I was exhausting my battle items so that by the time I reached the last stage, I was mostly running on fumes. Then, came the inadvertent question of whether I would like to continue the stage for 75 Gems, which I chose no for the two or three times I tried to attempt the stages.

@NPNKY brought up very good point about ghosting tiles, to make sure you go into each mob of the stage with enough HP and mana charged. What that actually also implied is to pace yourself, don’t need to rush to clear a stage, fire off that special, or use the battle aids (you have finite number of battle items after all) during the mob stage unless you absolutely have to. The last stage showdown is the most important, that’s where your healing items, antidotes, axes/bombs, etc. will help determine the outcome.

2 Likes

You should attempt all rare quests within reason. I remember being iffy about them at first but could still beat levels despite having a team ~400 power lower than suggested.

2 Likes

Great news! Congrats

Your experience pretty much mirrors my own!

I have gotten the impression that NPNKY is always making very good points:)

Cheers!

1 Like

Barely is enough in this case :innocent:
You don’t need all your hero’s in full strength at the end…
Glad you have tried this challenge and now have a nice reward to show for!

1 Like

Gratz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Managed to do it this time without paying gems for ‘continues’. Team was only 2600+ (boldtusk and sabina not fully leveled up.

I found keeping everyone alive this time easier by not bringing any attack battle items and instead bringing extra mana potions so I wouldn’t have to ration them. Making sure Gunnar & Sabina were always ready to go off when I felt unsure if the next attack would kill someone made all the difference

8 Likes

What composition do you advise to try the last stage now?

Boldtusk, Jahangir, Prisca, Rigard, Bane

Enemies are yellow and green, so the best colors are purple and red for the last stage. Bane is there because of his skill that blinds.

Bring basic antidotes for the bosses, turtle banners to help survive hits, arrows and axes. Axes + turtle banners should let you survive the heavy hits while the status effects last, even with those levels.

Remember to use arrows before Bane! That way you don’t replace his better blindness ailment by the arrow’s weaker one.

More levels on your Rigard and Bane would help. A combination of stage 8-7 (most amount of recruits) and running training camp level 2 is your best friend for leveling up your heroes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you simply farm tomes and gloves? Yes, you can even autofarm them. Full autoplay for the tome.

1 Like

I remember that period when I struggled to complete the final levels of events and kept persevering because I desperately wanted the ascension items. That frustration when you use your last dragon attack or time stop only to lose, and that elation when you beat the bosses and get that coveted reward. It really forces you to learn how to use your roster and items. I actually had more fun with the game back then than I do now with a bunch of 5* on my bench.

1 Like