Should emblems be addressed?

I just want more emblems

That is all

1 Like

I know right? Everyone talking about refund, could be asking for free emblems and ascension mats. Leave stuff on ‘balanced’ heroes. Some of them could grab seconds at the balancing buffet and still be BIS coming out of it. Nothing wasted, nothing changes.

They should or could reduce food and iron costs on emblems. Or make items like harvesters that reduce food/iron costs by a percentage.

1 Like

We just need a reason to make people spreading emblems more evenly. A few suggestions that are not thought to the end:

1. Give higher talents daily costs of iron and food. A roster with many + 7 heroes should be tremendously cheaper to keep than a roster with 8 heroes +18

2. The main reason for a +20 def is alliance war (not pvp. You are always +2400 cups there)
    So give the alliance wars new tools:

• give each war different bonuses ADDITIONAL to field aid (Dont open up that discussion now)
  • random buffs for example like
    “Yellow heroes gain +30% base defense, and
    Red heroes mana speed is set to fast” both atrackers and defenders

With idea nr. 2. and the example I made you would try to set a yellow tank and flank him with two slower red hard hitters or something like that.
So to have a roster for alliance wars, that has the best average strength, people would need to emblem more heroes

Players with their +18 fast heroes in each class would have some alliance wars where they really rock off but others where they fall down hard when slow heroes benefit from war-buffs.

funny side effect
Eventually even a whole alliance would think about a complete tactical setup of their members.

• 10 people focus on pushing slow heroes to hardcorely rock in a slow-pushed war
  • 10 people focus on tanks in any color to always have 10 defenses in you alliance war where a heavily boosted tank stands in front.
  • other 10 people focus on the Standard fast heroes

Yeah…I like my idea the more I think of it. Too bad I have so little influence :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can we please keep this thread separate from the balance rant thread

I know i know they’re sorta attached but i would highly prefer 2 different discussions/threads than 2 of the same

I think a year of seeing how emblems impact the game has been long enough, and expecting everyone to hit +20 defenses with offenses that have 7 or less to 0 emblems outside of 4* is a bit of a tall expectation

(This was in general response to the thread and no one specific)

3 Likes

I’m torn on your suggestion

Sure the extra war rules would be kinda fun but would also kinda suck for the game to tell us what defenses we need to run each war and the camaraderie of coming up with a defense strategy for an alliance(regardless of how common the same ones are) being removed

We already have raid tourneys that tell us what we can and cant use.

I’d prefer that be the only feature like that.

Now i do think altering the emblems and ham/iron costs could be beneficial

Making lower nodes cheaper and higher ones above 10 more expensive

Similar to leveling troops, heroes, etc…any other part of the game actually.

Those ideas are great. I think some would belong to my other topic, Restore Fun in Raiding - ideas and discussion

I am afraid though, that if current war rules and tournament rules etc did not provide enough incentive to make people spread emblems more evenly, a new war rule etc won’t do that also. It would bring some of the strategy back to the game and definitely freshness, but I think that’s a side topic, because wouldn’t help with the ‘issues’ caused by emblems. My idea there was to have heroes removed completely from the pool temporarily (and rotate that pool every week), so then you may wanted to keep 3 tanks emblemmed to viable level and not just a single one, otherwise for some time you would be at disadvantage. But I don’t think it would right away make people strip emblems of guys like GM, Finley, Drake etc who really fit almost any line up, and do not have that many competitors for emblems anyway (okay, Drake maybe has some).

Beside, ‘stripping the emblems’ and how unnecessarily difficult it is, would also be unaddressed.

Would also make things harder on alliances with less depth

If the only tank color they can all effectively run is red for example, and wars are already a bit of a challenge, it would make them drastically harder if they had to constantly put up suboptimal defenses

Whereas for Saders as example

Most of us still have guin emblemed, ursena emblemed, telluria emblemed, gm emblemed, vela or other blue emblemed along with deep offenses so the rotation wouldn’t punish us nearly as much but would be devastating to newer teams/players

1 Like

Yup, and that’s the bottom of a lot of these discussions… How to make it clever enough to allow fun for the end gamers, but not screw the early gamer or low spenders in the process.

Same goes for many things.

Path of Valor should be easier so everyone has chance to complete it vs Path of Valor should be harder because right now it doesn’t give us any challenge

Tavern of Legend quest should be easier because not everyone has enough heroes to beat all the levels vs Tavern of Legend quest should be harder, because I want to finally use some of the heroes I never play

etc.

Wouldn’t want to be balancing this game for a living.

True but tough for individuals(at least for saders) is more tolerable for us than constant defeat as an alliance

I may go 1 out of 5 in 1 shots, but if the score is still fairly close at the end or even a W, then it’s not as bad as if it’s 4th loss in a row AND most of us are goin 1 out of 5 1 shots or something similar

Math4lyfe hates yellow titans but we still kill em so makes up for her dread of yellow titans…

3 Likes

It’s a bit related to spreading emblems around but I really like the idea of an occasional war with some special restriction, similar to raid tournaments.
Once per month would be frequent enough for spice but should not overly impact those more competitive alliances like #1 Crew Saders :wink:

It could be a certain color tank
Restrict one particular class
Mana charges at half the normal rate (hello Atlantis)
Specials have an automatic 15% of missing, Blind adds to this
Require a particular class to tank
Etc

2 Likes

This one has already been rolled out lol

3 Likes

Lolol I didn’t even think of that!

20mistakesrepeating

@Suicide_Bunny, you often have good ideas, and I like this one. I really struggle to see how any corrective system could be post hoc implemented, but it’s at least an interesting thought experiment.

My suggestion is to have resource costs scale up dramatically, so that bumping a hero from, say, +15 to +16 is prohibitively expensive (and even getting to +15 would have been EXCEEDINGLY costly). Some will still do it (perhaps the top alliances that focus on war), but if taking another hero in that same class from +3 to +4 is relatively much (much much much) cheaper, it may actually be feasible to combat heavily emblemed war defenses with superior depth in the form of a bunch of +3 to +7 teams.

I’m not going to construct an actual example, but the ‘cost’ would almost certainly have to be the emblems required rising dramatically. Let’s say you could make two teams of +18 (your defense and five other heroes). Is your roster really stronger than mine if I have 30 or 40 heroes, all at +8?

As others have stated, a way to partially de-emblem heroes would be fantastic.

2 Likes

Yes, as I said it is not thought to the end.

Yes possibly some smaller alliances have to struggle a little here.

But let me turn your arguement and say the oppisite (just for fun and a good debate):

I say its even fairer for a normal alliance as even with s1 heroes you can compete better. Most s1 heroes are slow. But still thats just a lot to be thought of.

Examples for other war buffs:

• missing chances do not apply. This includes ranvir and wukong
  • DoT effects last 2 rounds longer
  • all red heroes are set to slow mana
  • defense buffs cannot be dispelled
  • all minions reproduce themselfs every third round
  • healing increased by 50%
  • all family bonuses arw increases by 100%

Every war there would be some really cool heroes.
For example grimble and gobbler in the minion-reproducing war. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m in the camp of making more emblems would do wonders to help balance the game. It would give players a deeper roster of offensive options to play around with to try to beat these stacked defenses.

Class quests should offer 10-20-30 emblems as the reward for completing the progressive stages and more should be slipped into chest fills.

I think Blems have caused part of the issues we are experiencing. Now we are fighting +20 defence teams but have neglected all those other heroes and our attack teams are showing the weaknesses our blem focus on 1 hero has caused.

I think the huge costs involved in moving blems is justified for the power increase a hero has, yes I’d love to maybe share some I have used with another hero but have chosen not to for flexibility in tourney.

With time it will get easier as we start pushing our 2nd tier heroes with blems. In another year we will most likely have our 2nd tier almost maxed on blems. At that point you will be building offences so strong the defence teams will have no chance in wars again.

I dont think there is really a way to adjust blems but we are just going through that awkward teenage period where you dont feel like you fit in anymore.

2 Likes

Well… in tournaments there is no real reason to change your roster. Because:

Healing not working:
there is no hero that I could push to have any benefit from this

Buffs do additional damage:
meeeeh, still not really an argument to push any hero in my roster.

Everybody is very fast:
Cool. But this only occures every third week. Or wait… the 5 star tournament also is just every three weeks, so… every 9 weeks there would be a five star tournament on very fast. Thats just a shame.

So still. I like my idea. Its critical to have some heroes overpowered sometimes for example when we had green heroes on fast mana, my defense with alberich and mothernorth as left and right flank would be a liiiiittle bit too hard to beat :wink:

When emblems were announced I thought “awesome! I’m gonna get to customize my heroes!”

But then reality set in and it’s really just a slow ascension of existing heroes sadly :frowning:

What I THOUGHT would happen is you’d get to choose between upping mana speed OR defense. So it’d be a hard choice ya know?

And I THOUGHT there’d be abilities that get added to the heroes special skill. Like “adds 20% damage to all enemies when this hero casts their special” or “this hero heals 10% when they cast their special.” (Scaled percents by mana speed if possible. If not then maybe group the heroes into classes by mana speed :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thinking there’d be this customization of what your hero does in battle. The defense versus attack is a little interesting. There are undoubtedly a few heroes who benefit more from attack than defense. But I think it woulda been a lot tougher having people choose between 1% mana or 20 points of defense. Aaaand having choices between adding to the special skill versus those stats too…

What I’m saying is, I think emblems coulda been more fun and not had these super duper tanks.

(Telluria took 4 red tiles versus a red mono stack in my war yesterday and lived through it. So that’s sorta the backdrop here. That was jarring lol)

6 Likes

I hoped for this as well

@Enni I’ve read and like your posts, I’ll write a response soonish

1 Like

I am not. This is critical.

You would face defenses consisting of
Vela+20, GM+20, tellu+20, vela+20, GM+20

And tournaments would be a total pain in the “bum” when facing even double GM+20 on blue forbidden tournaments or so.

But I will think about your argument again while having a beer in the sun and seeing my 4 kids having a great time in the garden :slight_smile:

3 Likes