Shortlist of Frequent Requests (Ruled Out & Considering - Please Read Before Posting!)

You don’t like the “Drunken Money” mode for AI?

Then I suggest to get rid of the Epic Call and change it to the last Event Call avaiable or (better) to include events heroes into the Epic Call.

It’s hard to score 1st place (or should I say nearly impossible?) and I know that its not guaranteed to take event’s heroes with calls but Id wish to have an better chance to get them.

Personal experience: with 14 calls I got 2 Grimm (one today, another the last event), 0 guardians and a bunch of 3* fodders. I think that drawing another Grimm were harder than drawing a Jackal or Falcon but seems that the odds are weird with my summons. Soon I’ll have 2 3/60 Grimm to help the 4/70 one :man_facepalming:

I would like to let the powers that be know of my exceptionally negative view of the upcoming “Alliance Wars”. As a veteran player of such vastly oversized (and, dear Lord, over-trolled!) games such as “Game of War”, I have to say that I am not looking forward to the upcoming Alliance Wars OR the ability to Target specific players for raids.

I enjoyed GoW, and then they made me alliance leader. Suddenly, I felt like a real general, with real stress and worry from something intended for fun. It was not because I was an alliance leader, it was because of the extreme amount of internet trolls that I found myself forced to deal with. My goodness, these people have so much disposable time with the deadly combination of self-entitlement, bitterness, bullying, and nothing else to spend money or effort on.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the fair play of Empires and Puzzles. It is not BLATANTLY pay to win and the amount that you are forced to deal with the diehard internet trolls with some completely incomprehensible-yet-utterly-disposable income with which to torture everyone else is at a bare minimum. If I find this game (the only one I currently deem worth my time as enjoyable and not asking me to religiously devote both all my time and all my money) is venturing towards Game of War territory, I (and many others just like me) will quit with regret. Therefore, lost will be the game’s ad revenue and casual purchases of devoted gamers that also enjoy fulfilling outside lives and a troll-free existences whenever possible. Please don’t forget our interests when making chanhes to the game we enjoy and reliably support.

1 Like

Why do you think AW pushes this towards GoW? It’s not as P2W and there isn’t any real in-game direct communication.

The fundamental mechanics haven’t changed, and there’s only one player I’m aware of in all the fights which was somewhat “targeted” and to be fair when you’re named 7dd-slayer and facing Departed…

The likely scenario is you’re going to be facing an alliance you’ve never even heard of, and the members are going to be completely unknown to you. I know the alliance names of the ones I face on the main, I don’t know most of the people though and that’s a top 5 perspective; on my alt which is in an alliance that floats somewhere between roughly 50 and 200 I haven’t recognized a single alliance we’ve faced yet.

I just am not seeing a major problem here TBH. Many of the top 20 have been posting “Well fought!” style messages on their alliance description even, so far the culture of the game is intact.

1 Like

Mi son rotto il cazzo di questo gioco … Non si vedono gettoni eroe epico più … Niente di buono arriva dalle chiamate … Premi scadenti … Raid improponibili … Per costruire sembra come nella realtà, ci vogliono giorni… O cambia qualcosa o a breve cancello il gioco …

A post was split to a new topic: New Topic - Rename

How about a way to sell/trade excess troops or heros for resources/crafting items/summon tokens etc.?

@Riku

Have you read the Shortlist? :slight_smile:

I suggest being able to watch a reply of the raid you lost. It’d be cool to see exactly wear you failed. You could implement time frame on the videos so if the players don’t view it within a certain time frame after defeat it becomes unavailable.

I have a great idea if any people up the xp level you refull food and iron like you refull the all energy world and titans hunt

1 Like

Wanted to create topic and then saw almost same but without any stuff replies. What about various options of push notofications? Because current system is awful. I don’t want to see every 5 minutes that someone attacked me in raid, i don’t care about that. But also i don’t want to turn them off, i want to receive notifications about titan loot or appear, energy full, building complete etc. Also will be good to regulate some notifications and people will like that. For example i need to know when alliance energy will be 1 or 2, world energy 20 (20 from no matter how max), and turn off any raid notifications, it just an example. Don’t ask for what, for some people it will be comfortable, who don’t need this then just won’t use that, no big deal.

4 Likes

Just a small suggestion… I would like to see a tiny green dot behind the name of the players who are currently online. The information is already out there, but you have to press someone’s name to find out. I would like to see it straight, in one view, in let’s say… my alliance list, or for revenge raids. Just a thought :).

7 Likes

Cool idea @GoVegan and might not be too difficult to code too…so easily doable :+1:

1 Like

:slight_smile: And just today I find out that with AW there is in fact this exact function. Even with a tiny green dot, lol. So if that would be visible all the time in alliance chat, that would be great ^.^! Cheers

1 Like

I am excited about some of the upcoming improvements, especially Season 2. I would love to see a new mechanic that would be similar to the match 3 format, but create an “adventure feel” to the progress through levels. I saw this in a game intended to promote one of the Davinci Code movies about a decade ago, but haven’t seen it since.

The basic mechanic I am thinking of is a match 3 format where your hero tries to get from one location to another by matching 3+ nearby tiles and moving through the matched tiles. Early on, it is a simple moving across the board, but as the levels progress, the hero needs to move through passages and mazes that extend off the viewable screen area. It gets even more fun when a villain appears and starts to pursue the hero, ending the level or prompting a different kind of conflict when they catch up.

There are lots of ways to add from here, using hero specials to help advance them, creating foes that toss things at heroes from the sidelines, or lurk in parts of the maze, etc. use your imagination!

I would hope this wouldn’t be too hard to code since it keeps the basic match 3 format, but it would add an element of dynamism to the matching tasks and overall variety to the game.

Please try it out in beta, start with a new kind of event, maybe implement in Season 2 or 3.

That risk would probably be financial. My alliance mate has 6 Delilah’s, I have none. I am trying to get one. So if I could “trade” (in one way or the other) one with him, SmallGiantGames would risk making less money.

Do not make the mistake of thinking the developers wanting you to have a good time or to enjoy the game. It is all about getting your $€¥£!

1 Like

Surely we must recognize that all gaming companies are businesses, not charities. (Do you work for free?) :wink:

What I love about SG is that they have largely provided a free game for players. Although I have spent a little ($55), the bulk of what I have was got by pure grinding, which anyone can do. (There are those who have spent less, and have more. More power to them!)

Just saying it’s kinda silly to slam a business for being a business.

3 Likes

That’s one risk, and one not to discount (per @Rook’s discussion). I also think SG is wisely concerned about creating a secondary cash market for heroes & rare items. Suppose instead of being generous and donating some of your extra Delilah’s, you found a buyer willing to send you money for one? He joins your alliance, you transact, he returns to his alliance. Same issue with rare items.

4 Likes

Lots of information out there about cheat codes, very little about trading gone wrong in games, but I remember “gold farming”…

If we can trade items, we can arrange to sell them on a back door transaction. If we can trade hero cards, ditto.

As a player, I don’t want to see the stability of the game shifted by folks leveling cards and selling completed ones to those who haven’t worked for them. Boo!

This would cheat both players and the game (who sets the prices? Where is protection against unscrupulous traders? Who protects your private financial info??)

4 Likes

Diablo 3 auction house

The trouble with systems that let you arbitrarily cut in line — and there’s probably a crude economic metaphor here — is that we know with all but scientific certainty that many of us will do whatever we can get away with in a game, and why should the ones “getting away with it” see that as a problematic? Diablo 3‘s auction house allowed players to spend as well as make real money playing the game. When the potential — some would argue of necessity, given how rare legendary items were in the beginning — to buy past gameplay (and eventually make money doing so) by a substantial population conflicts with everyone else’s sense of gameplay fairness, what do you think’s going to win: wishes or cash?

There were no momentous player-led rallies to oust Diablo 3 moneymaking. No mass boycotts of the auction house occurred. In the end, it took Blizzard’s not-so-invisible hand reaching down of its own volition to excise the auction house from the game, turning Diablo 3 back into something that now, finally, feels more like a game worth thinking about competitively.

I’m sure “illicit” external trading’s already going on, and so be it. No one’s yet built an exploit-proof game. But the lesson here — and this has implications for free-to-play apologists — may be that trying to corral and formalize a system fundamentally at odds with the game’s own design principles doesn’t make it any less of a problem. I’m surprised Blizzard didn’t see that coming a mile off, and I just hope the lessons learned pay their way forward in all the company’s games to come

2 Likes