Shorten Tavern of Legends in favor of restoring Atlantis Rises farming time (poll in post #2)

Actually I have been cordial and not engaged in any form of ad hominem activity whatsoever. I just happen to fundamentally disagree with your premise.

And btw I dont mind being in the 2%. I’ve never had a problem not holding the majority opinion

1 Like

SOON THE CALENDAR WILL BE FULL AND CREATING ROOM FOR SOMETHING ELSE WILL REQUIRE SHORTENING AN EXISTING EVENT.

:point_up:t2:Please stop saying you don’t understand why.:point_up:t2:

:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I still see atlantis getting decent income with new players. I still buy the 99p deal as Is good for gems price

4 Likes

Honestly, Atlantis Rises is one of the few things that keeps me playing E&P (not events, not Valhalla, and certainly not ToL). I survive the whole month thanks to the loot I get those days, so this idea has my vote :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Exactly. So if we shorten an unnecessarily long event, suddenly there’s room :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also that was posted before they changed it to the start off the month :thinking:
Once season 3 started they swaped them I recall the backlash as they “forgot” to tell everyone haha :joy:

Lol I remember that. Quite a shock!

This is a great idea. I always hated, they shortened Atlantis. You have my vote :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I suspect 4 people didn’t understand the question, because why WOULDN’T you want more Atlantis time???

7 Likes

It’s great to see all the support here! Please remember to hit the “vote” button at the top of the page :vulcan_salute:t2:

4 Likes

Excellent idea Spock. You got my vote. I have TOL done the 1st day every time. If you have the heroes to complete it time isn’t an issue, and if you don’t have a deep enough hero roster time isn’t going to help lol.

1 Like

100% they should lengthen. Not 100% that they need to shorten (at this time) TOL to do it. I agree in that I don’t think it needs to be as long, as you have stated, but they are trying to make money and I think Atlantis isn’t the money maker it used to be which probably led to their decision on lengths. Just my $0.02. Voted 100% for this regardless.

Wonder if they’ll remove the 57 ads when they make this change in another year or two as well…HAH!

1 Like

I’m curious, have you run into anyone that tried, but wasn’t able to finish TOL in 2 to 3 days? Most people are done early into day 2 and have yet to run into someone that needed 3 days even, much less 4 days.

Ask around and see if anyone has needed more than 3 days. I can see someone taking up o 3 days due to difficulty finishing, but they will quickly run out of heroes and I seriously doubt they can stretch it into 4 days. However, I will give players the benefit of the doubt and see if you find out otherwise by asking around. Please let us know what you find out.

1 Like

I think this is an excellent idea, another day would help ensure or improve the chances of having enough backpacks to run TC2 until the next Atlantis Rising. I end up scrambling to use as many WE flasks as possible and usually run out of time before I get go through the amount of WE flasks that I planned on.

Alliance members also seem to run out of crafting items before the next AR, so I’m pretty sure you will get over 98% support for this across the board. If players know they have 3 days in which to finish TOL, they will make the adjustment necessary and be glad to get an extra day in AR. :+1:

2 Likes

So I really am done with this whole discussion, as stated I have no problem with extending AR, just dont believe ToL needs reduced to do so, and it wouldnt be my choice to reduce of the events. It’s not a case of not understanding, i understand fully, just disagree. I also still fail to see how it being there when you have completed already, has any affect on play. If you dont have anything else to do with it you ignore it and dont click on it.

Yep. As an example, my wife likes the game but due to chronic pain conditions at times is only on for short periods at a time might do a level or 2 then move onto other things and complete over the time allotted. However, other than alliance mates I’ve never discussed it. I believe though with the numbers playing the game that the likelihood is that most players are not active every day and complete everything the day it comes out. I’m sure there are numbers of people who do a few levels a time to relax like any other past time. Obviously though, these are not the types of players who also frequent the forum or subscribe to YouTube watching videos of the game etc.

It took me 4 days to complete it but that was more cause I got bored with it half-way thru and had to work up to finishing it :stuck_out_tongue:

Finished with about 5 hours to go :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha. Well if it was only 3 days you would have finished just the same

I am fully in favour of increasing farming time for AR.

However, in my alliance, I’m one of 3 members who engaged enough in the game to be on the forums and optimize my performance by learning from everyone here about how to get better and play better.

Most of my alliance mates are casual gamers and play when they have time, not based on the game’s schedule of events.

For them, having more time for these events is a godsend, as they have the opportunity to compete and complete them within their busy lives.

I agree with @Kilted that you could add more time to AR without taking away from TOL. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that @Lexxtarc has it right about people not spending on Atlantis portal anymore, and keeping the TOL longer means people have more time to be hit over the head with offer advertising and buy more lottery tickets for GM, Hel, Miki, etc…

I expect that we would be more likely to get more AR time without reducing the TOL time, as that time likely benefits Zynga / SGG.

However, if the desire is simply more enhance farming opportunities, maybe there’s a different approach that could be used? Could the loot bonus be applied to a different province each day, and they all go into a randomized rotation that’s announced each day? Could that happen across all seasons, and not just AR?

I think this kind of approach might actually be better as it would add replay value for provinces and levels that otherwise might not see any action, but can still be fun to play.

But I think that if you just want more loot for less W/E, there are other options available than adding to the AR time-slot.

@Mr.Spock - thanks for asking the question - it’s an interesting issue. Hope you’ll forgive me for adding more scope and nuance to it. :grin:

So it’s shorter because of events etc…

:thinking::wink:

5 Likes

Lol you cracked the code—it’s a hoax!

3 Likes