Shiny heroes for war formats

For attack boost counter-attack heroes are more useful than usual

Bumping this thread - its especially useful for those newer to the game in understanding war defenses!

2 Likes

I like the list you constructed but there’s a few key factors or Heroes that you did miss that are essential.

Undead Horde:

AKA the yellow fever and by far the specialty color when it comes too many wars. Ogima, Eloise and Topaz lead the way when it comes to Superior minion killers.

However, the one primary hero you did forget to mention and potentially plays a huge role in Minion Wars is the great PENOLITE! While he does not kill minions his 490% damage to minion Summoners is more than sufficient to kill minions and inflict huge damage against the minion Summoners that many people still use as the foundation of their defense in minion wars. Penolite also has an extremely awesome passive as a gargoyle with stone skin. However, this passive is extremely diminished in effectiveness due to the potential quantity of hits the minions can provide which easily reduce the effectiveness and sustainability of the stone skin passive. Due to the amount of healing that can be used for longevity in minion wars, his four turns of decreased healing by 50% can also play a pivotal role in Minion War success. Also as a RANGER, the potential to bypass is also something that can play a key role in success.

The other hero that plays a key role that is not mentioned due to the unique ability the minions possess is SORROW as a damage dealing option that can easily deter the use of minion killers while also providing Sorrow and nearby enemies with a very nice attack boost to go along with it.

Lastly there is also of course the minion disruptors of the world known as the Lunar Heroes and which both of them can be extremely beneficial in deterring the usage of Minion Summoners Like Arco, WP and Hulda.

Side Note: due to the new factors I personally believe that no more than one minion Summoner should be used at a time defensively due to these Heroes and their ability to use their minions against them in devastating fashion. Arco maybe revered when it comes to Minion Wars, however when it comes to the likes of Ogima, if Arco is fed to fire on turn five when the minions are granted for all heroes, he will be protected by his Stone Skin, but it leaves the other four Heroes highly susceptible to a vicious and dangerous attack from Ogima in which not only will the percentage of damage would be colossal but with a huge reduction in Mana generation as well which basically brings all heroes to a dead stop and is a death sentence that makes me no longer even like using Minion Summoners at all defensively when it comes to Minion Wars. The minion killer approach is much more effective with the current meta in my personal opinion.

Arrow Barrage:

Positioning Heroes based upon speed in the proper position to fire on turn 5 is a vital importance. Heroes that fire before turn five reduced the effectiveness in which 25% of the enemy’s HP can immediately be removed by the incoming arrows. MULTI-TARGET FAST HEROES are essential when it comes to potentially timing a hero’s ability to be unleashed on turn five or turn 6 in order to maximize the effectiveness of the arrow barrage and swiftly kill the opponent with a severe handicap that makes Them highly susceptible to enemy specials during turns five and six. SLOW HEROES are not to be used, primary damage based Target-All FAST HEROES should be on the wings your timing for purposes, AVERAGE HEROES can be used at tank position only with the exception of the flank for AVERAGE SPEED HEROES with DD and EDD capabilities. VERY FAST HEROES I actually prefer in the flanks or even at tank if that Hero has the capability of fulfilling that role. Because of the speed the timing doesn’t always work out on the wing and at flank or tank position their ability to absorb tiles and fire potentially before turn five and on or around turn five or six for the second use of their ability really makes timing of the arrows less important due to the quantity in which they are able to use their abilities. FAST HEALERS, MINION SUMMONERS quality BUFF-BASED HEROES are also essential in aiding and reducing the damage inflicted on behalf of these arrows. Note that when possible, healing should take place the turn after the arrows have been deployed to not increase the amounts of HP prior to deployment because that would only increase the amount of damage done and lessen the effectiveness of the healing.

War Equalizer:

It’s pretty cut and dry for this one just FAST MULTI-TARGET DAMAGED BASED HEROES in which ability is hardly a factor to ensure minimizing the potential waste of the abilities used. The exception would be AVERAGE or VERY FAST HEROES with abilities that only last 2-3 turns can be used effectively due to timing and deployment of special skill on or around turn five. The tricky part is understanding that not only do you have to have proper positioning and timing in regards to deployment of this hero’s ability, but if you’re using a hero like Mitsuko, you also have to ensure that the target Blue Hero in which you are trying to bait into damaging itself also has to be within the capabilities and firing timing of The War Equalizer, but also to ensure that Mitsuko has a good probability of being able to fire before that blue hero and within the timing window of pretty much two turns which means it’s only something you should do offensively and never on an automated defensive structure.

Side Note: 2-3 turn based abilities can be used for FAST HEROES when two are used in tandem and staggered by one defensive position in order to cause a blanket fire effect of alternating abilities in which it can potentially maintain one of these abilities active at all times or as much as possible. By staggered I mean if you’re running one at tank the other one needs to be at flank but not on the wing. If one of them is in the middle flank position, then you are able to run the other ability based hero at either the tank as previously mentioned or at the wing. Basically you just don’t want to this type of alternating abilities between tank and wing due to timing disruption caused by the quantities of tiles in which those positions receive or don’t receive. Not to say it can’t work it’s just less likely in the probability of it being successful is all. By my calculations the likelihood of being utilized successfully is substantially decreased.

Attack Boost:

Basically the same as Arrow Barrage in which fast multi-target Heroes are timed and deployed approximately around turn five in order to maximize damage potential and seize the window of opportunity in order to quickly and efficiently cripple the opponent. Refer to Arrow Barrage regarding to Hero speed placement and usage as well.

Rush War:

Pretty much self-explanatory. Kalo and MN are the defensive wing staples in which the primary goal is utilizing three Heroes with incredible synergy not only together but to also build one super little green gargoyle that is practically indestructible upon the possibility of their death in order for the battle to be sustained and revitalize the heroes that have been lost to come back from the grave and continue unleashing their destructive rage once more. Speed really isn’t the factor regardless of SLOW and VERY SLOW HEROES being highly utilized. It’s more a factor of damage capability, resistance of and delivering capabilities of abilities that block the usage of special skills and two huge factors in regards to CLERIC and MONK CLASS HEROES that can potentially avoid any incoming negative effects the opposing teams are guaranteed to deploy in attempts to neutralize their effectiveness. Those two classes are highly overlooked in my opinion when it comes to the formation and usage of Heroes because the best ability is availability.

━═╦Ǥнфsデ︻

2 Likes

A hero I always found useless in arrows was LotL the minions die from the arrow so lose benefit of them. I guess it’s probably the same with any non meat shield minion summoner :person_shrugging::thinking:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It’s one of the most comprehensive and useful posts on the forum and underlines some very important aspects (e.g. the class of the heroes)

I surely will revert to this again to read it again attentively.

1 Like

For Undead Horde: costumed Frank

I think that depends a lot on the level of your opponents. Recently Skadi has problems killing minions of lb heroes, I never managed to fight with C Frank against 5* + he is slow

I second that! She is solid in minon wars!

Well thank you! I’m glad you found it insightful! Really makes taking the time to write all that worth the effort and really happy you found it useful. :grin:

1 Like

This is a very useful topic - thank you!

F2P here, so I’m planning on running the following rush defense:

cMother, R&N, Khepri, Pengi LB2, Kalø

Other candidates (all LB, +20)
Dark: Xnolphod, Viscaro, Hel, cDom
Holy: Professor, Kara, Uraeus, Inari, cJoon, cLeo, Rooster
Nature: El Naddaha, cLady, Silvaria, cLianna
Fire: Ruby, Red Hood, Anzogh, cKhagen
Ice: Himeros, Balur, Vela, Russula, Magni

Am I making a wise choice with that team?

1 Like

Glad you find the topic useful. It can be a helpful team, but I have the following observations:

• Usually it’s preferred to have Kalo on the left wing and C Mother North on the right, but I am not 100% that it’s the best choice, but most prefer it like this
  • Pengi does not have another minion makers than Mother North and being on the wing, she will not fire very soon; Inari could complement him nicely with her minions and her dodge can be extremely annoying on rush; so maybe use Inari instead of R&N, especially since her minions gives mana
1 Like

Thinking a little more about Pengi - I could also throw some emblems on Noor as another flank option with minions…hmm…

1 Like