Shiny heroes for war formats

Hello,

I was thinking that this could be an inspiration list for heroes that are particularly stars for certain war formats, as well as heroes that maybe don’t shine the most in certain war formats.

Here is the opening list:

Minions
Shining: Grimble, Alucard, C. Gefjon, Xiaotu, Laohu, C Gromek, Bera, Gobbler, Skadi, Mr Pengi, C Kiril/ Def down no damage heroes for Skadi
Less useful: Maybe minion or fiends heroes that could be replaces by the hordes, though the chance is small?

Arrows
Shining: Strong healers/ health boosters, minion heroes
Less useful: ?

Equalizer
Shining: Heavy damage dealers, Minion heroes
Less useful: Buff/ ailment/ stacks dependent heroes

Attack Boost
Shining: Counter-attack heroes
Less useful: ?

Rush
Shining: Cupido, Alfrike, Lord Loki, Garnet, (C) Vanda, Francine, Hathor, Ptolemy, Waddles, Lepiota Proteus, Miki, Circus heroes, Mind-control resist heroes, Hansel, Gretel, Tettukh, Peters, Elizabeth, (C) Gazelle, cleansers and mana boosters
Less useful: Charge heroes, Fast, low damage, no mind-control/ heroes?

I am sure there will be more and better ideas from the group, so I am quite curious of your opinions of these particularly shiny heroes for some formats.

11 Likes

Nice thread …
Well I am definitely following this one …

@dansing @sleepyhead @Cheds @Sarah2 @Sillyboy @Datootfary @Radar1 @Homaclese @Ssnake @Elioty33

9 Likes

Nice thread @The_Seeker and thanks for the tag @JGE !

I often use Devana for minion wars, she usually charges fast enough that her own minions won’t completely be replaced, and she can easily destroy enemy minions.

I think Viselus will be good for minion wars too

8 Likes

Thanks for the tag @JGE …… will write on this with my list of heroes I use…

Refreshing topic @The_Seeker from the usual gynamstics I that I have been avoiding :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Having seen him featured in the last SE:
Arco (undead horde)

4 Likes

Arco is a superstar tank for minion wars. So good it’s painful!

6 Likes

Thanks for @ JGE.

Maybe nit shining but defintely good/useful:

MINIONS
All heroes from W3K because they get mana and health with minions.

R&N with mana generation.

ARROWS
I would say that Goseck is better here, you can get some “safe” damage to boost his damage.

EQUALIZER
Springvale heroes, you can time them and don’t suffer from debuffs

RUSH
Slayers (Mainly Senan and Aodhan) against healers heavy teams. They can charge in 4 tiles when their stacks build up.

Poseidon with and without costume.

Taunt heores.

7 Likes

I’ll be following too… Thanks for the tag @JGE.

The ones that were top of mind, you’ve already mentioned @The_Seeker :wink:. @Homaclese always thinks outside the box, I’m sure he’ll have a few more heros to add.

3 Likes

You forgot to mention Topaz. After Alucard and Grimble, the best minion war hero around

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging me! Will definitely follow this. I’m always looking for ways to improve and help my alliance!

2 Likes

On the other hand they fall in the “less useful” category for equalizer.

4 Likes

I personally find Bera quite annoying in minion wars, because she stops you from getting minions but the enemy keeps getting minions. So you are basically working off a handicap.

I still remember the moment where I finally got rid of her but stupid flanking Malin was fully charged and had 30 HP left and I couldn’t kill him with 2 yellow tiles (I had no other options), and it was basically GG after that

Had she not stopped me from generating minions I probably would have had enough buffer to live to tell Malin’s tale

4 Likes

Milady will most likely join the ranks of a rush superstar.

2 Likes

Great idea for a thread - I´ll prowl around here for sure, thank you for the list so far :slight_smile: :100:

2 Likes

+1 on this. I try to counter her with my own Bera, but… I especially hate facing Bera in minion wars in the second half, when I’ve exhausted all my minion counters (currently: Bera, Devana, and an unlevelled Viselus). plus, her minions slowly whittle one down, if I can’t charge my healers and cleansers fast enough it’s a slow and painful death :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Noor!
Viscaro, as probably more defenses will be fielding minion makers

I think HOT/BOT heroes may take a slight advantage over one-time heal/boost heroes here.
The purple gargyole that deals more damage the more he is injured?

Battle of attrition type team configuration on defense?
Attack down/defense up heroes on attack? I honestly don’t feel much impact of that attack boost in most situations

Slower health boosters like Luigi
You forgot Emilio and Grazul!
Onatel is actually quite good

Heavy snipers, damage dealers

3 Likes

For minion war : what about heroes who are immune to minion effects like Silvaria? Also, Eloise is good too.

Vela and Alexandrine come to mind in minion wars.

Devana and Viscaro too

For Arrow wars taunters, but especially dodgers seem to be extra valuable.