Share accounts in a family?

Yeah, I don’t know … clarity is in the eye of the beholder, no?

You must keep the password (including without limitation password and other means to access your account or user ID) required for the use of the Service secret and not disclose it to anyone else. You may not assign or transfer your user ID to a third party and you may not allow a third party use the Service with your user ID. If a third party has obtained your password or you have a reason to believe that a third party has obtained your password, you must immediately inform Small Giant Games.

You shall not share the account or login information (user ID), nor let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account. You are solely responsible for anything that happens through your account, including all uses of the login information and purchases made, whether or not authorised by you.

http://info.smallgiantgames.com/terms-of-service/

Clear as mud? (Ironically, that saying has never been all that clear to me.)

1 Like

That’s really concerning, because in a family this things are shared anyhow. That’s why even Apple and Google lets you share family accounts.

Family ITS family, Children, wife, i think ITS fine. It’s about trust. FOR your safe, Take care of your accounts and… just do your thing, grow up ur teams! Good luck!

1 Like

If each account has it’s own Google Play or Apple Game Center ID associated with it, I don’t think you’re breaking any terms of service rule. The person actually doing the physical screen taping shouldn’t matter.

We do have different Apple Game Center and Google Play ids. The thing is if I want to play with my son’s account I just sign out of my account and then sign in his account. It’s not just switching the phones. How can E&P prevent me doing that?

They can’t prevent you from doing any of that. What they can do is not help you if you have a problem. They will likely say you are violating some term of service. It’s similar to when someone has multiple accounts for themselves on the same device. Whatever you do, don’t tell anyone that works for SG what any of your game IDs are. They will likely flag you as a multiple account person. Short of any problems…have fun. That sounds like a cool situation for your family.

I will leave it to @Petri or some other employee to interpret the TOS. I’ll share a cautionary tale: a former alliance member let her (young) child play her account for a bit. When she took the phone back, she found the child had fed all her 5* heroes away. Needless to say, this didn’t end well. SGG didn’t restore the account, per the TOS (“You are solely responsible for anything that happens through your account, including all uses of the login information and purchases made, whether or not authorised by you.”). The player quit, too disheartened to try to rebuild her team.

1 Like

I would delete this thread and stay off their radar now that Petri has been summoned. Keep playing as you are and make sure none of your kids maxes your credit card.

well , i don’t trust my daughter anymore … last time she bought a useless defender pack for 600 gems … lol :slight_smile:

We are talking about a family of 5 adults. No worries like that.

I would imagine if they ban you on a phone game for sharing with your family they may have more problems with Google and Apple than it’s worth, after all you are sharing a Google or Apple account and the SGG account is tied to that…

This question appeared on another thred but I can’t reply there. It made me curious though: is one allowed to occasionally play the game account of other people? Only of some people, like family members? Or of no other people at all? Or of all people? (I doubt this last one is allowed)

Would anyone even know? Except your family member that is!

I think technically accounts aren’t permitted to be shared in any circumstances:

You must keep the password (including without limitation password and other means to access your account or user ID) required for the use of the Service secret and not disclose it to anyone else. You may not assign or transfer your user ID to a third party and you may not allow a third party use the Service with your user ID. If a third party has obtained your password or you have a reason to believe that a third party has obtained your password, you must immediately inform Small Giant Games. You are responsible for actions taken by using your user ID until you have informed us of the loss of the password and Small Giant Games has had a reasonable time to prevent the use of the Service with the user ID.

Source: http://info.smallgiantgames.com/terms-of-service/

See also:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004608914-Buying-Selling-and-Sharing-Game-Accounts

And a cautionary tale:

@Kerridoc @Rook This other thread is still open if you want to merge.

4 Likes

I had a guy that was going to be tied up with something at his university for a week and wouldn’t be able to play. Rather than opt out of war and miss the titans, he taught his mom how to play and she took over for that week. To be honest, I totally forgot it was going to happen until he returned and said something about it. As long as no one has a problem they need dev support for later, I don’t see how this could be an issue.

EDIT - you obviously have to trust this person to begin with. Since handing someone a $600 phone with your personal information stored on it requires a huge level of trust in the first place, I would assume that would cover it, but people do stupid stuff all the time.

Do not do it. Just do not:

This question appeared on another thred but I can’t reply there. It made me curious though: is one allowed to occasionally play the game account of other people? Only of some people, like family members? Or of no other people at all? Or of all people? (I doubt this last one is allowed)

Merged.

20 cats shaking their heads no. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen several players mention how they sign out of their Google Play and sign in to another. I don’t see where I have that option. Right now my only option is to delete my account.

I’m not looking to open a second account, I just want to know how to sign out and switch. My greatest fear is that something happens to one of my tablets and when I buy another one Google Play doesn’t let me use that account name.

That’s how I ended up with two tablets and two games. I had to start one over because I couldn’t figure it out.

If you are gracious enough to answer me, please use simple, little words … obviously I’m technically challenged :grin:

I think its dumb gifting an account is prohibited would they rather someone just quits playing?