SGG AMA (3/19) Discussion—Summons & Ascension Items

Tim : There is no hidden “fail safe” which is how you can get players who have some weird streak, some unbelievable run, but we decided from the beginning not to go that route. There are a lot of issues trying to make such a system good for everyone, so if you get a 4* mat you just get whatever random mat comes up [without reference to what you need or have in inventory]. So players get some really interesting [runs].

I find this interesting. We have a discussion on this where we found a very reasonable way to add a “fail safe” for bad hero pulls, with no downside. I hope that SG will consider it. It actually would make things more fair for everyone.

I personally have had good luck on pulls, but I know people who haven’t and have gone six month or more with no 5 star pulls from TC20 or summons gate despite doing monthly pulls. Those people will eventually leave the game, and I don’t blame them.

2 Likes

It took me about 4 months to get my first 5* hero. At first I was doing Epic Hero pulls to try and get some 4 star heroes. My first 4* hero was Melendor, followed by Scarlett and Tiburtus. Not having a 5* hero in the beginning actually helped me out in the long run. Most people do not think about how limited resources are in the beginning and trying to feed a 5* hero at a low level is next to impossible. I made an alternate account for my son a while back and with 300 gems pulled Evelyn… I was furious at first because I couldn’t get her on my main account. Evelyn is still fairly weak because there was no way to feed her enough heroes to advance her, as the low level account couldn’t keep up the supply… Not having a 5* on my main account made me toy around with a few different heroes and built up my base that I didn’t realize I would need for war for a long time.
My first 5* was Magni. I got him like 6 months ago or something. (Only been playing less than a year) I finally got enough Ascension Materials to get him to max tier. I know that may seem ridiculous. But I didn’t have the team strength for a long time to build up ascension items. So, I had to pick a team that could strategically defeat levels, players, and titans, instead of relying on a host of super strong heroes. My team may not seem like much but, Tiburtus, Boldtusk, Magni, Scarlett, and Melendor (3554 tp) have taken out 38-3900tp teams with ease… Not always. But It took me a while to find the balance. i think it is better to have 5* heroes be a rarety.

3 Likes

We don’t really know yet how the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy will work.

They might be new freestanding buildings, or they might be like the Barracks, and “convert” an existing building.

Tim also talked about possibly adding on new options with training camps. And he said they may have some other “Stronghold upgrades” in the future that they’ve considered.

So we know things will come…we just don’t yet know a lot of detail or when.

2 Likes

My impression is that they prefer the Alchemy Lab, Hero Academy, possible changes to training camps, and adding more sources of ascension mats as ways to address issues of randomness most immediately — but it’s always possible they’ll consider other options too.

I just think those ways will be “first.”

1 Like

QFT.

This was my experience too — not getting my first 5* until 5-6 months into playing was actually beneficial in many ways.

1 Like

Did I miss where you could trade up rarity levels? I thought they were discussing same rarity only…

The trading hero for hero idea is super early and undefined. So there’s no direct answer to that.

But Tim also talked about the possibility of being able to train past HOTM — maybe:

2 Likes

Tim did not rule this out but he did not embrace it either.

Tim said it would require lots of Development Cycles to fix RNG paywalls so they wanted a quick improvement now while they work out a better solution more carefully:

So because we wanted to get something this year that addresses some of these issues, that’s why we’re adding these buildings. (linky, linky)

Having said that, according to the AMA the “better” solution has not even been discussed let alone designed or coded.

4 Likes

Well, he kind of said that wasn’t in their philosophy and we have heard similar comments before. But hopefully they will see the light. BTW it isn’t that much effort to code it - I suspect a person week at most.

What about a Training Camp to turn your recruits into Troops instead of Heroes?

1 Like

@sixixix That’s actually in development for potential release currently. :slight_smile:

See:

5 Likes

I may be the exception here, but I don’t think that trading heroes would be a good idea. I know theres plenty of people with alt accounts who would farm heroes to trade to their main account. Or if someone decides they want to quit and trade all their A+ heroes into their alliance… this would be a very tricky subject as i feel it could quickly get out of hand.

They’re not talking about trading heroes between players.

They’re talking about having a building where you can “trade in” heroes you don’t want for a chance to get heroes you do want.

The trading wouldn’t be between accounts.

2 Likes

understand it take alot of strategy, replay, item consuming to win it… but if you a new player or under the 1 year mark its very hard to come even close without spending thousand of dollars to get decent benches etc… i have respect for the people that win it ofcourse they did their share… but i also know from a former alliance player it cost alot of items and a lot of world energy :slight_smile: and on that way high levels with maxed villages have an huge advantage allready… they have mainly 30 maxed 5* or even more… a bigger bench, higher troops, they can produce the items and save the flask etc…

That’s all true for the monthly challenge events under the current rules, but

1. Raid tournaments have very different rules that don’t give P2W or senior players as much advantage (which is not to say, no advantage) and
  2. The rules for monthly challenge events will likely change.

Such changes/innovations are welcomed by some but despised by others.

3 Likes

Till to date I summoned 97 out of which 81 are 3* heroes and 4* are 16 no, but I am not received so far neither HOTM nor any other 5*, It was mentioned as 5* chance is 1.3%, and some players saying that it is depends upon the Luck, are you designed the game depends upon Luck or depends upon theory of probability. If I am not having any luck I will not get any thing in future

Hiya,

First off, by cumulative probability, after 97 summons you have a ~72% probability that you will have gotten a HotM.
Depending on what portal you summoned in the odds for another 5* hero are better but not much.

If we assume it’s the normal Epic Hero Portal it comes out at a 93.6% chance that you would have gotten A (read any) 5* hero… What this means is that of 1,000,000 players who summon 97 times (like yourself) 73,600 of them won’t get a 5* hero.

So yes it’s “unlucky” but not at all impossible or unheard of.

As for the question (?) about designing the game on “luck”, that is in fact correct… The game is based entirely around the RNG concept (Random Number Generator). The programming puts in the bounds of the probability which the RNG code then uses to determine the outcomes. All odds (bounds) are published in the game so nothing is hidden away. You can always check it for yourself by tapping the little :information_source: on a summons portal :slight_smile:

1 Like

D’oh! Necro’d thread… saw the title (yes I know, not 19th yet lol but close, and is March… unless the 19 is 2019?) and got all excited thinking there was some new AMA :laughing:

1 Like

There is talks about the next one but nothing concrete yet (subject, questions, thread etc…).

2 Likes

The means of generating and distributing outcomes is indeed hidden away. Since that’s the only thing that matters, there’s really no transparency at all. (I know that most people don’t care, but the truth is the truth :slight_smile: ).