SGG AMA (3/19) Discussion—Fairness & Trading

Please discuss responses to Fairness / Trading questions here.

5. Are the boards actually random or not? Are they influenced in any way by the attacking team a player uses? Does it vary at all in Raids, Titans, Wars, World Map stages, or anywhere else? Why do opening boards hardly ever have good matches? If you do say that it’s all random, how do you explain to players who are convinced that it’s not, based on their own experiences?

6. Trading between players is perhaps the most commonly requested feature addition to the game. You’ve previously expressed a desire to add something related to this to the game. Do you still have that in mind for the future, or will other things like the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy take the place of trading?

2 Likes

The convincing part is really hard if you don’t believe us that it’s random.

Boards are truly random; it’s really hard to convince. Even if we had an engineer explain it, it probably wouldn’t help the cases where people don’t believe.

Based on extensive discussions that have occurred in the forum, I’m prepared to believe this. There seems to be a somewhat resigned tone to the answer, which I’m going to interpret as, We’ve said they’re random in the past, we’re saying it again now, so if some people still don’t believe it then there’s no point in wasting your breath arguing.

Fair enough. In future I think I’ll just link to the AMA.

5 Likes

No a big surprises here, but I am looking forward to seeing both the Alchemy Lab and the Hero Academy. I’m sure I’m not alone in having a lot of excess in some areas and a dearth in others.

I am keeping a lot of 4 and 5 star dups of not so great heroes. It would be great to see the Hero Academy help with that. I would gladly trade in multiples of some to get one of another. I’m sure there are a ton of F2P and C2P players in the same boat

6 Likes

I’ve got five Horghalls that I’d swap for a Vivica or a Lianna.

3 Likes

until Hero Academy goes live, I am going to stop collecting from my Legendary training ( RT20 ), since uncollected training takes zero hero roster slots.

My training camp supervisor seems to have a lady crush on Melendor so no reason to pull my 11th and 12th Melendor until I can swap him for a Cyprian ( the only 4* Hero I do not have).

7 Likes

I plan to do that too.

That’s what I was after with this, albeit in the context of ascension mats and summoning (we talked about boards after this):

1 Like

I’ll swap you 3 Cyprians for a Rigard.

5 Likes

Deal.

Any interest in my extra Wilbur?

3 Likes

I can offer you two Marjanas or two Joons.

Edit: Or two Marjanas and two Joons.

4 Likes

Deal. I will even throw in a Boomer.

4 Likes

I was having trouble quoting from the original post, but I was getting ready for the alchemy lab and wondering what we would finally be able to trade those thousands of training manuals for when I read the following:

Alchemy Lab will enable conversion of “junk” (lower rarity items) or items so you can use lower-rarity items to try to get higher-rarity items. That’s the intended use of the Alchemy Lab. It’s not exactly trading, like people want to do, and the social aspect would be awesome, but if you have hundreds of thousands of unused items in your inventory, the Alchemy Lab will provide a use for them. It’s not trading, but it’s a step

I was surprised at the try to get higher rarity items, but I shouldn’t have been as that fits the mold for the rest of the game, we’ll be spending food and iron to improve training manuals and we’ll end up getting arcane scripts and tall boots lol

4 Likes

Here it is!
Good that I keep notes.

Its “5” or “6” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

An auction house would be interesting but its this game. :joy:

Above 10 they could be counted as a forest, the famous Forest of Horghies. :wink:

6 Likes

I think he may have meant try in the sense of getting a specific item of chosen rarity, not any random item like an arcane script.

1 Like

Would sọ love to give you 2 Cyprian for 1 Melendor, have dubs of every classic 4* , Melendor I’n yet to get!

1 Like

I sincerely hope your optimistic interpretation is correct, but considering the degree to which everything else in this RPG (where the R stands for ROLL, not Role) is controlled by the RNG, I suspect that this will be no different and that it will be entirely possible that one will be able to use a bunch of mediocre “junk” only to get less, even worse “junk” in return.

1 Like

That’s a cheery perspective.

My assumption is that the devs are trying to make a useful but balanced mechanic.

For Alchemy, i would love to see the Forge model used: specific sets of ingredients make something else. No randomness at all. If randomness is needed, then have a risk of failure.

For the Hero Academy / Advanced Training Academy, it seemed clear thatbthe intent was that you bring, say Horghall, plus a bunchnof food and maybe other stuff, and after some time you get a non-Horghall 5*. Tim wasn’t very specific, though.

5 Likes

If implemented this will be awesome and will in turn make trading quite unnecessary.

1 Like