SG please read me about Challenger events

Hello empires & Puzzles moderators!
I have been following the ranking of challenge events for a long time!
I’ve always said that these are events made for the strongest players in the game to become even stronger and thus further widen the gap between 95% of the strongest players and the most spenders!
But what makes me most upset with the game is the possibility of the same player ranking first in the 3 levels (rare, epic and legendary)
Like for example at this circus event.
The player “Antonioesper” ranked second in rare, first in epic and first in legendary and so he will easily win, in addition to many items, two excellent heroes without even making a summons!
THIS IS UNFAIR!
SG should make an update where if the player gets the first place in any of the 3 levels, he would be unable to receive the reward of the other levels of lesser difficulty. So in addition to encouraging these players to rank in the 3 levels and giving the opportunity to other players, it would also make the game more dynamic and interactive for lower level players who are evolving, thus reducing discouragement and possible turn over and withdrawal of players about the game.

SG honestly needs to review this urgently!

Moderators are unpaid, underappreciated, and overworked players of e&p. They are not employed by sg or have anything to do with game related function.

Why are u upset that a player did well? If he/she spends that’s their choice. To be ranked that high they play for the enjoyment of competition. Don’t name and shame someone because their playstyle is different than yours.

I fail to see how this is fair to anyone. Essentially u are punishing someone for playing well and being competitive.

THIS IS A GAME

Happy gaming.

8 Likes

to my knowledge, this has happened once before with one of the “elder statesmen” players back when the old Challenge Events were 10 stages. the player who accomplished this was Zero.

it’s not only possible, it’s happened before. no one i know of complained when it happened then, and i’m sure 99% of the player base will be in awe of whoever accomplishes it next (as they should be).

it’s day 2. antonioesper’s got a 1k point lead in Legendary, which is not impossible to overcome, and a 4k point lead in Epic, which is a bigger hurdle to climb for other competitors, but it’s still possible. i think Villains Epic was won with 820k points? so antonioesper will likely have some more work to do before the weekend is done if they want to win each tier.

why? if you know what it takes to compete, you’ll understand that winning one tier is quite an endeavor, let alone two or all three in the same weekend, especially these days when Challenge Events have become as competitive as they are. it consumes a lot of time, materials, WE refills, and in some cases, sanity.

other players (like me) need to step up our game. i’m currently 6th in Rare and have a mountain to climb if i wanna win Rare. you talk about fairness, but then propose a preposterously unfair solution that punishes good players and will likely negatively impact SG’s bottom line because it will discourage event players from competing. how does that make any sense?

“lower level players” aren’t competing in Challenge Events. Challenge Events are for players who are basically near the endgame of building their rosters, developing some troops, and (probably most important) finished or near finishing building their bases. the resources required to compete in Challenge Events have always been pretty high, but they’ve become even more intensive in the last year as players learn “the formula” so to speak of how to compete in events.

you can complain about the summon portals or frequency of events discouraging players from pulling or engaging with some of these portals, but the way events are done isn’t going to change unless SG changes the scoring algorithm. you’ve thus far failed to make a compelling case for them to do such a thing.

antonioesper, if you ever read this, i, as someone who just a few months ago started seriously competing in events, am in awe of your consistency of top finishes. i salute you now, and i will salute you double if you become the next Zero and win all three tiers of an event in the same weekend.

8 Likes

Where does it say that anything is supposed to be fair :thinking:

2 Likes

Veruca salt was very upset that Willy Wonka has geese that laid golden eggs. She ended up falling down a chute because she was a bad egg. That was fair.

5 Likes

You need to play all your stages perfectly, with some luck along the way. How do you play your matches, what troops do you have? All these small things/decisions make a huge different in score. Every milisecond counts.
I already have the team which is used by almost everyone in epic and I should be hitting top 1000/500/100 every challenge by my spending. but for my 2 years of playing I’ve never reach any of those scores, except for one time on rare. Because my plays were really crap and I don’t raise my troops well enough to compete.
I whale, but know that i could never reach the top elite scores. Do I think it’s unfair, heck no. I just don’t have the right troops/heroes, and even the patience to do it.
There is also a specific formula these top scorers do things to a T. They don’t just match tiles and get a high score just like that.

4 Likes

I think all of the above posters have already covered most of the important points against your proposal.

I would add that every player starts out at level one, and competitive players all had to put in the time and in most cases money to build up to be able to compete.

With respect: Do you realise that, if your idea was ever implemented (and it wouldn’t), it would take away the fun from other players who enjoy competing?

Ninja Tower is my least favourite event by far. However, as I’ve written previously, I wouldn’t want to take away from the fun from those that enjoy it.

I’d hope that you read the responses here, and at least understand why everyone who has responded so far disagrees with your idea.

5 Likes

I’m guessing the ‘rewards’ at the top of the list interest you. But, other than being listed at the top, getting to the top of the list is meaningless. if you can manage to get to the very top, you will already have the resources to have all of the ‘rewards’ already anyway, and not need to win the top spot (or ten, or one hundred) in a challenge event to get them.

For buying more flasks than the the other players using the same method. Fixed that for yah

There is no COMPETITION on this planet that has unlimited rebuys. The only event is who is willing to buy more flasks to beat the other guy who bought a bunch of flasks lol

Sg should either make the tournaments percentage based like the raid tourney or add a run limit per stage. There won’t be a bottom line if it’s literally only the whales playing lol

There’s a lot more to it than flasks though. If I had completely limitless world energy I’d still never get anywhere near the top. You’ve got to actually know what you’re doing as well (and be bothered to emblem and limit break your rares).

5 Likes

They have already limited the number of runs with Ninja Tower, and Tower of Magic. Ninja Tower is my least favourite event by far, and I’m not impressed with Tower of Magic.

As for challenge events, I think we have more than enough changes happening in the game. More costumes for non S1 heroes. New events and ofc new heroes. Tower of Magic requiring 250 gems for proper completion. Challenge events changed at basically the last minute two times. Costume Chamber getting moved to bi-monthly. Atlantis Rises getting shortened once again. :rofl::rofl:

I’d have already quit playing if it weren’t for my alliance, and other super nice people.

3 Likes

what difference does it make?

more flasks ≠ higher rankings. it can help, but it is absolutely not a guarantee of anything.

then say goodbye to guaranteed loot and hello to YET ANOTHER randomizer that puts 4* ascension materials at 2% and has 5 draws for 1* battle items.

they essentially did this with the Tower events. so now everyone has essentially the same shot* at ranking high because everyone is in the same boat regarding replays.

*Tower of Magic forced flask purchase notwithstanding.

3 Likes

Run limits per stage wouldn’t accomplish anything. The players who are good at competing events can tell if its a good score prior to finishing the stage anyway.

For the likes of the towers where you can only play each level once I’m sure a lot of players just flee at the boss level despite being in a winning position so they can redo for a better time. Nothing wrong with that. And no way to work around it unless you take away the flee option, which would be unfair too.

Flasking isn’t unfair on anyone in the same way higher level players having more w.e to begin with to replay levels more isn’t unfair.

There is a lot of skill required in the way to play the challenge events correctly and that is why you see the same names up there repeatedly. I could use a 100 flasks and still not get the scores the good players do and I do have the roster at epic level to perform well at it from the red mono standpoint. (BT+18, Wilbur+20, Falcon+18, Sumle+20 and Lancelot) sure I need to work on the troops part, but I struggle to get above just the grey token despite completing levels easily.

I hadn’t thought of that, and I would honestly like to see an event where you just get one play at each level, win or lose, so if you lose at a level you still advance you just get whatever low score from the loss.

Whatever it takes to stop people gaming it and just honestly play each level one time to their best ability.

2 Likes

Just to add my few cents to discussion.
If you check the tops from challenge events and towers you can see the same names. So its not a matter of WE rebuys. The above mentioned player ended in the top of last ToM as well.

Competing in events requires a lot of patience and skill. $$ too but there are a lot of spenders here. Hope we can see somebody winning all three tiers in one event.

This would only result in a few top players becomming as angry as you are.
Look at the leaderboard! Are you near the top 20 in any of these events? If not, whats the matter if one guy way out of your league earns 3 heroes, or if three amazing players each get one?
You will not get one if you are not anywhere in the vicinity of top 20, so relax and have fun.
Happy gaming

Because if we are all mentioning fairness, should it not be for everyone? Including the top percent? …

As for me being angry??? Not a chance :laughing: this is just a game. I play for the fun and the ppl so none of this bothers me. Besides, i have :popcorn: and :beer: always at the ready. So I’m always happy

Happy gaming :laughing:

2 Likes

I wonder whether this will be one of those threads, where the OP doesn’t care to reply, once they’ve posted their first post. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes