SG needs to make children heroes

I don’t need a child character, but if well done, I don’t mind.

s-l300

dcrbij0-999b6847-2080-4032-946f-c2bd21ba2ab6

1 Like

#rc830

:sunglasses::yum::beers:

I propose to include more characters with birthmarks! How could we be so insensitive and don’t show the diversity of the real world?

1 Like

What a lame attempt at sarcasm. Sure, if we don’t want children in a game that has gambling aspects and sexualized characters, that automatically means diversity is a preposterous ideA. Because race, sexuality gender and children are completely interchangeable concepts. :facepalm:

2 Likes

What a lame attempt at logic.
Sure, if we don’t want frumpy middle aged female heroes in a game of fantasy and war that automatically means the idea of a “fantasy war game” is preposterous. Because everyone fantasizes to play real life grandmother characters in strategy games and “beast or middle aged woman” is completely interchangeable.

1 Like

This post gets a thumbs up from me, i’m all for encouraging the scourge of child soldiers :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, with all the male frumps you guys have no real foot (or misc monstrous limb) to stand on :smiley:

I say the more scarred veterans and monsters the better.

No, not really. Im white and i would like to see more black heroes. Not because i think quota needs to be filled but because there are black humans and it would be cool to have a male black hero for example. If you cannot distinguish children from broader category of race that’s your problem, not an actual argument in favor of not having diverse characters.

5 Likes

It would be nice if what you said bore any resemblance to anything I’ve said but unfortunately not.

I was very happy to have the middle-aged woman with knobby knees join my team yesterday (on a free token, too!)

And this smiling lady has lost her girlish figure but was also very welcome:

And what is eye-candy to,one person may not be for another. E&P has a substantial base in Southeast Asia; my guess is that many of these customers would enjoy handsome lads and lasses that look more like them.

I truly don’t understand why you and others seem so focusedly against having a breadth of heroes in this game. The fantasy worlds I created as a DM were full of people, young and old—and it was usually the old ones you needed to be wary of.

12 Likes

@Kerridoc One of the main challenges the world faces is becoming less sensitive towards how others treat their culture and more sensitive towards the cultures of others. There’s a billon ways to insult someone in video games these days. And, depending on your perspective, they are all both ‘whiney’ and ‘totally justified’ and everything in between.

Insult others less and be less insulted yourself. That’s the motto for this decade if you ask me.

As DM you had it easy. You knew who sat at your table, and what they could and could not stomach. As game developer making games for a global community, it’s a real challenge. For example make an Arab hero with a historical name that has religious significance: riot. Child hero: riot. Hero that shows a nipple and is not some weird ■■■ animal thing or a male, but in fact a (oooh!) female: riot. Too few of this or that skin color, or to many: riot. Too few old/female/ugly/fat: riot. The list of sensitivities that may not matter ■■■■ to you but matters a lot and very deeply to others goes on and on.

And because the whole world sits at this game’s table, you have to take everyone’s - at least the major groups - sensitivities into account. It’s like walking the edge of a blade.

Respect is a two way street. And yet most of the world just walks in one direction these days.

4 Likes

Personally I only look for the scantilly dressed and fit women characters… :joy:

Aife is just a mere Village Girl. It’s stated in her profile. But don’t you dare nerf her for that!

I understand that when the OP to that thread said “represented” it shoved the purpose of her thread from game related to real life issues, but making this mocking thread without respecfully asking for discussions on the subject that so offends you is just childish and insulting. Please act with more respect and ask the questions you want to know the answers to and request the changes you want to see.

You catch more changes with respect than with mockery :wink:.

I want the first (besides Aife) child’s special to be “Rubber & Glue,” and it’s just a Reflect All for infinite turns until your opponent either gives up and walks away or dies.

3 Likes

@SWEG Children aspire to be adults. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” is a question essentially every child has an answer to. So having adult characters doesn’t make the game less relatable or aspirational for children.

On the other hand, “aspiring” to be young again is unachievable. Indeed, many adults are glad they aren’t young again, but would still like aspirational figures who are more like they themselves are now, or like they will be in the future. I understand the point you’re hoping to make. I just think you failed to make it.

I wonder if my child would want to play a child card, or an adult hero card? Considering her constant attempts to race towards adulthood, I’m guessing the second and not the first.

If child cards were carefully handled, with ZERO sexualization as regards dress, I’d be okay with it. But what weapons can children have in a fantasy war game? How could I take them seriously? I’m more likely to accept fairies with magical powers: they can be small, slight, and still pack a punch. shrug

3 Likes

Have you looked at Red Hood and Gretel recently? :wink:

I think the fact that they were turned into adult women…and then sexualized…is a good indication we’d have to see a significant shift in hero design to handle child cards appropriately.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind them because they were “adult-ized” first.

I find Alberich the most childlike of all the HOTM thus far. He is clothed, armored, armed and magic’d. Compare him to the very adult, very sexualized Natalya…

I say IF, and “I wouldn’t mind”…but honestly, I find the cards very adult and made for an adult audience. I’d be perfectly happy if we never see a child card…EVER.

5 Likes

I guess there’s a HOTM clothing quota, and Alberich took more than his fair share, so Natalya had to wear what she could get.

Alberich is actually one of my favorite character designs in the game, partly because he’s somewhat distinctive from the other heroes — though he obviously bears some stylistic similarities to heroes from a well-known game series…

You see him as childlike, but I think @WaaWaa would say otherwise. :wink:

2 Likes

He reminds me of the Fairy King:

1 Like