SG is Becoming Embarrassing – It’s Time for SG to Hire More Team Members

People are allowed to express their opinion. SG is not a small company anymore and they have the time and resources to adress this. And they should because a lot people are annoyed with the direction the game is heading. SG should give more to its players.

2 Likes

The amount of times they’ve cancelled war they should give everyone a free war chest lmao. This happens like every 3 or 4 wars.

6 Likes

I’ve suggested the extra rare quest as well on two other threads. I hope it gets some traction. SG needs to build some good will back up again. It’s only the volunteer moderators that are trying to respond to players. The developers seem to be in a basement somewhere with their fingers in their ears.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a second.
Yes, perhaps a half-billion dollar company, but developing this can’t have been cheap.

I mean, think of the storyline…the cost involved to hire playwrights and wordsmiths to come up with gems like this:

20 Likes

I enjoy these types of threads. Alot of time when I choose to read it, it’s because I’m frustrated with the game as well. Its comforting to know I’m not the only one on a given subject and therefore dont need to post my own anguish. I’m not overly concerned with the war being cancelled because there will be more and my real gripe is with the actual matchmaking system.

7 Likes

Now That is the kind of comment that can actually help the game @Kerridoc. It’s easy to get caught up in the “who’s overly negative/who’s being a cheerleader” b.s. that’s always on here but the way you broke it down and explained your point of view has me thinking. Perhaps more CAN be done. I know zip about coding and testing (beyond beta) but you brought up some interesting, hard to ignore facts. Got me pondering whether or not I’m a little too forgiving.

6 Likes

@Kerridoc looking at you. Thank you. Many others, too.

I agree, not everything has to be positive, but I hope to see more threads that people can generate/maintain a general discussion.

8 Likes

In all of the venting, opinions, etc… who has an answer to the real question? They were bought out by another company RIGHT? So who’s in control? I’m not sure anyone has come out to talk to the player base on how this buyout was/is going to affect the near future of the game. I’m not sure if I’m right just saying from what I’ve been reading. I could be wrong but if I’m not I think this is a good starting point.

1 Like

hold the phone!

While I agree with you to some extent I think that people would have gone crazy bananas if a rare quest was rolled out today with the challenge event ongoing. Yes, we got some WE flasks, but getting everything done takes time.

Maybe a rare quest will come early… we don’t know yet, But personally I’m happy it wasn’t chucked in today with guardians, and the recruits II token quest :wink:

1 Like

Based on our discussion with Tim, Petri and Kira, I came away with a very clear sense that all game-design decisions are still being made by the same Helsinki-based team. Staff headcount? Not sure.

9 Likes

I agree with everything OP said. It’s time for SG to step up, spend some money, just like we spend so much on some colorful cards in a mobile match 3 kill time game, just out of mutual respect, do your part!

If what happened this week is not embarrassment, I don’t know what is.

3 Likes

Farting during an interview?

4 Likes

Hahahahaha that is too

1 Like

Just not right now — I have enough to do with Teltoc, troop token in Recruits II, Springdale presumably coming up… Of course, I have some WE flasks from finishing rare and epic. So maybe I should be saying, “Bring it on!”

The easiest thing to say is “just hire more people” but any of us who have ever worked in the corporate world knows that with every new hiree, comes another time-lapse as they transition into the company culture.

If we could have the game designed and managed just by AI perhaps we’d have fewer or different problems. As it stands, I’m sure SG is going thtough some extreme upheaval at the moment.

It’s really up to all of us to decide how we want to handle the wait until the dust settles a bit more. For me, I’m still convinced the company doesn’t want to implode so I’m going to continue to enjoy as much of the game as possible and keep my spending modest, just in case.

2 Likes

I have played in quite a few big mobile games like summoners wars and final war tactics, at the most it was extra time they needed during maintenance. Never such hipcups like cancelling events or screwing up things they were going to roll out and make them work in progress while the community ponders…

2 Likes

I’m curious to know…

Are you talking about a SGG lead developer of E&P? Is this how things work inside SGG?

The lead developer " he wants" things now and they are never done because the developers have no time to code “his I want this now”-requirements? Is the lead developer a lone-worker working in isolation from the rest of “his” team? Is he leading a team of unexperienced professionals? Do teams inside SGG work in silos? Is he a…? Or is he an…?

Is this really the reason why you…

… to what’s on the OP? Do you know the poster?

If any at all, what do you not agree with on the OP?

Pause

I’m still curious …

Since you are “closer to the sun” now, what else you can share with us or highlight about SGG?

Thanks

1 Like

Tim Lönnqvist’s comments in the AMA are the source of this, I believe. He is SG’s lead developer of Empires and Puzzles.

6 Likes

Really, migrate to where?

SG took an innovative approach to match 3 that I have not seen elsewhere. Similar games from Marvel & WWE make the mistake of staging player vs. computer fights with both combatants taking turns on the same board, resulting in gridlock instead of a free-flowing board.

If there are other role-playing match 3 games worth trying, please mention them here.

2 Likes

It’s funny you mention those threads. I’ve been checking them out too and they seem more active during these turbulent times. Kitten/puppy therapy :smile:

5 Likes