SG is Becoming Embarrassing – It’s Time for SG to Hire More Team Members

@321Trotter
Now that was funny​:joy::joy::joy::joy:
But a on a serious note we are customers and we are spending money on a product.
Yes I know we don’t have to pay for anything in this game but that doesn’t justify the fact of poor quality or results from problems in this game.
This is just my opinion please respect that THANKS
Example.
If you go out to eat with your family and get poor service because all the employees called in doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to complain remember you didn’t have to spend your money at this restaurant. You could have chosen to go elsewhere.
All I’m saying is that SG as a company has to take better care of its customers & be accountable for it’s mistakes in the game

4 Likes

You just pay for virtual goods. Service is free.

It’s not purposeful to complain about a missing service though.

You have the right to voice your opinion on everything. My internet goes down I call they credit my account for lost time. Same with everything else I pay for.

Mine sure doesn’t! They even have wording in the contract stating as such. I think it may be different if I had business class internet service though.

It’s about time someone called out SGG for what they are & aren’t now doing which is hiring more people to work for them. The excuse of being a small game company IMO is no longer valid at all for SGG to use. They need to hire a web staff to be in the forums on a daily basis. I know my other big game on my laptop from Gameloft does it. So why can’t SGG. We get filtered & monitored & then blocked for our comments, but really SGG needs to step-up their “GAME” so get to it.

5 Likes

I play a year (51 level), but decided to stop. Let those who cut the loot beat the titans themselves and fill the chests, getting mushrooms and twine, wasting their time. And let them donate 4 * items (now they don’t get them in the right quantity).

Not sure what this means, but it’s a great rhyme.

4 Likes

If you aren’t happy with the game, don’t play it!

It is really that simple.

6 Likes

But not until you’ve taken the time to try and let everyone else know they should be unhappy, too!

8 Likes

fair point, noted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The game has become a cash grab with everything for sale. I knew this would happen and I am not surprised. I have become a F2P and could care less about what they are selling. The game is still very repetitive . I am a very casual player now and just sit back and watch the show. I finally ascended a hero only to find out I need a zillion paladin shields to upgrade it. To upgrade to a really high level would cost a fortune.Ingenious how they find ways to make us spend our money. Kudos to Zynga.

4 Likes

But why would you spend to upgrade, when the primary sources of emblems are free? Indeed, there aren’t enough emblems on sale to do much leveling up.

5 Likes

Stimme zu. Und selbst wenn die Beute manchmal auch schlecht ist, dann freut man sich um so mehr über die nächste gute Truhe.
UND FEHLER MACHEN WIR ALLE.

Moderator’s translation:
Agree. And even if the loot is sometimes bad, then you are all the more happy about the next good chest.
AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.

1 Like

Why? I’m doing all mine for free. It will take time, but I’ve got plenty of that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Time IS on our side…unless you’re 90, win the lottery and die the next day :wink:

2 Likes

Venting

While I am not fond of venting threads, if you do not complain the issue never gets addressed. Mom always said “If you do not ask, the answer is always NO”.

Unfortunately the answer may be “that is the way freemium games stay in business, so changing it leads to a dead game and unemployed developers “

Growth

I strongly disagree.

Mobile MMO games are like Fads ( Furbies, Cabbage Patch kids, etc. ). It is not if I will die, it is when it will die.

There are two factors that eventually sink every mobile MMO, operating system and servers.

Operating systems

Mobile operating systems are constantly updating and fragmenting, this eventually adds enough overhead that the game is no longer sustainable. One of the reasons Apple attracts a lot of mobile developers is the lower fragmentation of its operating system. But even Apple supports multiple versions and multiple mobile carrier customizations.

Unlike a board game, without the operating system the code is worthless.

Dealing with this steadily increasing overhead consumes increasingly amount of monthly budget and staffing.

Servers loaf

Mobile MMOs are constantly devouring servers resources as dormant accounts can be reactivated at any time and added features increase server calls ( war energy, tourney energy, Alchemy Lab, Hero Academy, etc. ). Without working servers, the code is useless.

Dealing with this steadily increasing overhead consumes increasingly amount of monthly budget and staffing.

My Personal Opinion

I am disappointed that more work cannot be done on GUI. Unlike a Collectable Card Game, I cannot buy a third party product to solve a problem like storage or sorting. This will become even more important if Tim’s Vision of every hero having a use is ever realized.

But like Pokémon GO’s server problems, success is its own curse. You have the demand for your product, but now have to divert resources to boring logistics issues. And yes you will lose customers over this.

I try ( and several dented walls can attest to my failure) to treat all server based games as one long Beta. I am pleasantly surprised with each improvement and loudly curse each remaining flaw.

8 Likes

There’s an old saying.
“The sqeeky wheel gets the oil.”

I think you’re wrong here. Dealing with mobile operating systems is fairly simple and remains static in cost. I’d be surprised if SG spends much time on that at all.

This game very clearly doesn’t have a traditional MMO architecture where people connect to a server and run around in a world. Advancements in cloud technology have also made it extremely cheap to run workloads using “serverless” functions, containers, or virtual machines.

Cheap is relative to time and scale. Good automation tools for workload migration is a must to get value out of such those technologies at the scale we are talking about.

3 Likes

What scale are we talking about here? This is relatively small potatoes my friend. Automation tools are orthogonal to this conversation. What migration are you talking about?