Has SG 100% nerfed color stacking?

to all tin-hatters I usually have just the one question - cui bono? who benefits?
why would SG do it? especially silently? if there was enough outrage indeed, yes, they probably would do it, but officially and put in the release notes.

For the record…

Today I went 0-6 in raids for the first time in months.

I was very frustrated.

I thought about rage quitting and posting abut how SG has 100% nerfed color stacking…

but then I remembered that I had a couple really great boards on my war hits, and decided that it was just my day to be on this side of the pendulum.

I’ll ride that shhh like Miley Cyrus. Naked and unafraid of the RNG baybee.

5 Likes

You can throw resources at creating deliberate bad runs of boards, spending money to make money. Or you can just let the RNG create bad runs which it consistently will anyway, spending no money to make money. Then your resources can be used in more productive ways to make money like the raid tournaments or valentines gift packs, or Season 3, etc etc.

3 Likes

I really wish we had a category for all complaints like we have a General Discussion category. It seem like more than half the posts on this forum are people complaining about not getting their way in a random system. I’d love to be able to come here for strategic information, but these days I mainly stick to Line due to the lack of people ■■■■■■■■ about basically everything in the game.

3 Likes

My 2p about this:
-and I’m not against mono, hell, I do a lot of it myself as my bench is yet not deep enough to mix and match for every attack…

Of course mono boards have to be more difficult, otherwise what would be the point. I’m sorry but it sounds like every one complaining thinks it should be an easy win? I lost countless battles due to a crappy board but it was my decision to go mono and I made the decision. I don’t understand the expectations some folks have:-( it sounds like you always want a good board, take down the tank on the very first move, load up specials and be done with the fight?

Mono = not screwing up at least half decent board, imho

Sorry if I offended anybody, it’s just the way I see it and I still do mono as this is the best way for me to have a shot with my current bench:-)

Happy fighting xx

3 Likes

I just created a Vote for it in ideas and Features.

1 Like

Of course you can win with mono. As long as you pick mono Dark instead of mono Holy.

1 Like

SG rigged the boards against you when you go mono. But when you go 4-1 you will get great boards every single time (as long as you full heartedly thank SG)

See

3 Likes

Man, that was a fluke. SG might have let you get away with it but check out this deliberate death sentence:

Completely unwinnable. Unless erm…

But at least I’ve proved that mono stacking never goes unpunished…

Er… well that’s one in a million, it would never happen again unless…

7 Likes

I hate to be a broken record here, but… there are 35 starting tiles. 35. And there are 5 colors…so explain to me again why I only have 6 purple tiles??? How does that make sense?! I don’t need to pull in @Garanwyn to run the numbers to know that I should be getting 7 purple tiles, everytime!

You can guess how this ends… I don’t need to tell you that the game made me lose on purpose, because we already know that it favors rainbow accounts.

Thanks for nothing, SG! NNNNNNNNNNNerfed!!!

2 Likes

And every time you try to play your four purple heroes, they sneak that ugly golem Obakan into your team!

2 Likes

We seem to be verging dangerously close to RCT territory here.

4 Likes

But you’re just showing a few examples.As it’s been said a million times,that proves nothing.

Or does that rule only apply when people have a complaint about color stacking?

1 Like

[sarcasm] Yes, if you vent here, your account will be watched to make you lose. Therefore SG has several so-called conspiracy watchers. [/sarcasm]

:wink:

EVERYONE only has a few examples. There are how many different combinations of starting boards? Billions? You’d have to play and record for months to even have a meaningful starting set. Showing examples of great stacking starting boards demonstrates that they are very possible, like it or not. I have in my playing experience had long runs of both very bad and very good boards when stacking.

Anecdotally i would say they tend to come in runs. When I get a bad board it seems the next board will likely be bad as well. And when I get a good board it is more likely the next is good. I have no proof of this but it is my experience.

2 Likes

Anecdotal evidence that stacking has been nerfed is no more or less convincing as anecdotal evidence that they are not. When people complain that SG is tampering with boards, without statistical proof, it is very valid to refute that with anecdotal evidence to the contrary.

2 Likes

Hence the useful thread:

Anecdotes are not data, so it’s useful when people take the time to collect data systematically.

Another gem from @Garanwyn:

FWIW, these are contributing factors to my strong preference for 3-2 stacks, even though I can mono in any color with maxed 5*. The variance of a 3-2 is much lower than a 5-0 with still-substantial benefits from stacked tile damage. Put a healer in that 2-stack, and you’re good to go.

7 Likes

If they were going to nerf color stacking they’d do it by capping the total attack value you can get by having multiple heroes of the same color, not by messing with the tile appearance rates.

4 Likes

Except the null hypothesis is that there is no bias against stacked tiles. As the ones making the accusation the impetus is on the accusers to provide evidence.

Example: If I claim that unicorns are real and that there is a conspiracy to cover up that fact, it should be readily apparent that it would be asinine for me to then declare that those who disagree must prove their point otherwise our claims are equally valid.

3 Likes