šŸŒ‘ Set ā€“ Season 5 Hero ā€“ 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

He will be extremely nasty. With his def/hp he should be charging at least once. His minions when fully emblemed and LB will be around 800hp, ang his mana decrease passive are just enough to keep Khufu and others alive long enough to fire off and wipe the whole team.
Donā€™t underestimate this card.

3 Likes

A simple anti minion hero shouldnā€™t be able to almost entirely negate the special of a slow charging season 5 hero. The only thing left is dying at the right time.

Like I said, there have to be some junk heroes to make the good ones stand out.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just about finished with the game. Iā€™ve accomplished everything I ever set out to do. I spent my last S5 tokens and got Set. I also have Arfanias at 3.70. (I also have about 18 costume pulls, whenever that comes around.)

I have 6 tabards left. I wonā€™t play long enough to get six more.

Iā€™d like to level up one of these two. I think Arfanias is better, no?

1 Like

Pulled Set with dune coins. My best 5* purple is c-Sartana so Ill happily level him up. Those minions are so beefy and hit hard. Obviously heā€™ll be great on rush attack and campaign.

Since I have monk emblems to spare, I will likely have him emblemed and throw him on defense. May take me a while to level since I have no Tomes :frowning:

Wouldnā€™t be too hard to time a dispel before the killing blow.

Arfanias Is getting a family bonus in a few months. And has some offensive potential to snipe an enemy fixing to waylay you.

I can NOT figure an offensive strategy or synergy for Set at all.

Defensively,
Any slow hero is average to fast speed when placed at tank in standard formation. He could make the center 3 columns of tiles tricky.
But I think you could also just ignore him too.

There are just so many other dependable tank options.

Personally, I pass on strictly defensive heroes no matter how amazing they are.
Becauseā€¦

1. there is no impenetrable defense
  2. you donā€™t get to play with those heroes
  3. once they get replaced, they collect dust

My guess isā€¦ this card will be getting one of those balance update buffs in a month or so.
But Iā€™d probably still choose Arfanias

4 Likes

Thanks, Pompitous. That was my thought too. Set will be as useful at 3.70 as he would be at 4.80!

Very kind reply!

1 Like

Hmmm, he maybe more useful at 3.7
:smirk:

I think the lower stat and def would function like taunt for the AI

2 Likes

I like this part of himā€¦
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
70% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill

• Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns.

The damage will be unnoticeable. Wonā€™t hit triple digits. The reduced mana gen is cool, butā€¦ 70% chance at slow speed?

Think Iā€™d still wait for the balance update where all the new shiny heroes get buffs.

2 Likes

Can we prevent the third skill with the Sabina Costume skill?

Is the 3rd still considered a buff and if so, can we use a dispeller to nullify it?

Canā€™t be dispelled. Card says so but I find him kinda meh. Sure in rush or next to Ludwig.

If the caster is defeated in the next 3 turns, all enemiesā€™ mana is reduced by -100%. This effet canā€™t be displelled.
Dispeller doesnā€™t work on Him. So we need immune buff (if it considered as a buff) to prevent the skill active

Here are my thoughts!

5 Likes

No idea. But I think this should be blockable.

C Sabina
C Kage
Onyx
El Naddaha
Etc etc

@PlayForFun : any info on this 3rd specialā€™s counter ? Canā€™t be dispelled. Blocked?

1 Like

Oh wow thatā€™s something I overlooked. A lot better than I thought then.

To be honest. I donā€™t get itā€¦
Noor is hated by the, because she is ā€œweakā€ although she has such strong minions.

now we have a stronger version of noor in seth. In principle, he does nothing different than noor. He summons a strong minion for each hero.

Just to clarify: I have noor and I love noor. She has all the emblems with me and will also be broken as soon as I have the ethers for her.

What I donā€™t understand is why Seth gets such great ratings in the poll now, while noor gets a ā€œmehā€.

4 Likes

There are several heroes what blocks applying status effects.
Eg: Malosi, etcā€¦

Resisting mana effect heroes like:
Poseidon, etc.

2 Likes

been a follower of yours & after i saw yr C grading, i pulled set no. 1 in like 8 single coins followed by 1 x 10 pulls & set no. 2 in another 9 single coinsā€¦ seemed too easy to pull & now iā€™m like should i just chuck him asideā€¦

1 Like