🌑 Set – Season 5 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Set

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Set, as well as your thoughts on him.

Set

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Monk
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 870 907 1704
4/90 995 1038 1950
Origin Family
Season 5 Moon
Image Aether Power Description
mana-boost Mana Boost At the start of each battle, this Hero receives a small amount of mana over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
70% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
* All enemies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Legions of Darkness
  • Summons a Dark Soldier Minion for all allies with 40% HP and 40% atttack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies receive 324 Poison damage over 3 turns.
  • If the caster is defeated in the next 3 turns, all enemies’ mana is reduced by -100%. This effect can’t be displelled.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Moon Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -24% defense for 2 turns and 196 Water damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Set from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Round 4 of Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v51]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Set ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Set.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Set and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Set worth summoning for?

• Would you use Set on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Set ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Set as an opponent?

• Would you give Set Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Set’s character design?

• If you Summoned Set and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Set, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Set when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Set, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Set (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Set), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Set (post release)

:question: Is Set worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Set would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Set’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Mana Cutter (When Defeated)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Set compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Set’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Set’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Set worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Set is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Set is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Set worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Set then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Ew I just pulled him and he seems underwhelming already. :laughing:
I own several great purple heros, including Goseck. Not sure if I will replace my gargoyle for this potato-god (excuse me but his artwork is awful) in my purple mono.
He could be nice for farming though, and for very fast formats.

5 Likes

Goseck is a team killer, don’t see any hero replacing him in the near future. Stil, this Set has 40% HP and attk minions
 at this rate, season 6 (if any), will have minions stronger than the hero that spawns them
 crazy
 another small step towards game’s ruin
 poison DoT is mild and manageble, but 3 turns of quasi immortality is not to be taken lightly
 in rush it will give hell to all
 kill him and you lose all mana, don’t kill him and you’ll have him fire again in three turns
 undispellable, too, most mana shielding solutions won’t work
 Overall, I wouldn’t mind adding it to my roster.

5 Likes

He’s definitely a good tank material. However, he’s slow so won’t replace Xylololo. Goseck also seems better than him at tank.

What makes him really dangerous is the last bullet. It can be devastating when he’s tanking, but on offense
yeah, he can protect you from the brink of death with his super duper minions, but at the same speed Kunchen can do it as well
Additionally, he then also shields his last bullet, so a bit counterintuitive.

At tank however, when he’s able to fire, you have a riddle. Not as straightforward as Khufu’s one.

2 Likes

Seems a bit underwhelming.
He seems constructed for defense, but a lot of better purple tanks out there today. Maybe in a different colour. Strong minions, but facing him you would bring a minion-handler, of which there are many.

That mana-reduction is good, but again, facing him you would time your specials so you are more or less out of mana when he dies anyway.

In offence, more difficult to use. Probably your sturdiest hero in the line-up, and then the one you expect (or want) to die first?

If he had taunt, things would be completely different

2 Likes

That 3rd special seems to be counterintuitive considering he issues sturdy minions.

In tank, his minions will have at least 600 hp. Will need a minion remover. (Problem for some)

Those minions will buy more time for the defence. That last special seems to be more of a fail safe to keep Set alive longer.

2 Likes

He is slow, could be a good hero for fast tournaments/fast wars, and that’s all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Despite this, I’d rather use my LB 3* Tree Evil for a purple tank in fast wars instead :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would like to try him with MN etc in rush raid.

@OldCynic, can’t wait to read you about this one. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Pulled him and I admit being disappointed. Hes a slow quasi healer that can be nullified by any number of minion counters.

3 Likes

To me he also looks like s5 Exeera, although reasonably better

2 Likes

Of course he stinks. I just pulled a dupe. 2 wasted 5* in one day. Is there anything redeeming about him?

I also have 2 Exeera

2 Likes

I dodged this bullet which can’t be said for Exeera while trying to get Xnol

So his purpose is just to die? You make him tank and hope he fires once before dying and reducing mana by 100%? Interesting. Not sure I’d level him but taking all mana away is definitely brutal.

1 Like

I’ll stash one away and hope for a buff I guess. They never fixed Exeera though so not holding out much hope.

The game needs bad heroes to contrast the good. I wish they didn’t make the bad one featured though. That’s kind of mean.

1 Like

Hmm I’m not sure on this guy. My first thoughts were “meh he’s useless” but then I started thinking about how brutal it is to fight Bera/Freya and lose that tiny bit of mana when you were about to activate all your specials
 and now you have no tiles on the board.

Imagine fighting this guy and as you get your last match, he takes all your mana away. You’d be screwed.

Of course it depends on him having activated once before, so that’s key. If he fires once, I think you’re in a lot of trouble. So I can’t make a good judgment call if he sucks or is a brutally strong tank at this point

2 Likes

I got him too, and I am seriously underwhelmed. The mana cut is brutal, but I comes at a high price. Why doesn’t he have at least a little damage? DoT is definitively not posing a threat here.

2 Likes

He has to die for the coolest part of his special to take effect. And he’s got to activate ahead of opponents, which isn’t easy at slow speed.

Wasted character slot in hopes of a buff or soul exchange fodder.

Drop to fast or average and maybe he won’t be useless. Not even great for rush.

2 Likes

He seems garbage on offense, maybe even in defense those bulky minions might make him survive for more than 3 turns if he manages to fire, and you don’t want him to survive after that.

2 Likes