Seshat really is not OP?

Sabina with emblems is very nice. She’s great tile damage, she dispels Guin, and she can proc a slow.

5 Likes

I dumped 18 emblems off of Buddy to make her a reality. She needs the emblems to make her special, IMO. I want a second one so badly. (have all the mats ready to roll…)

Buddy is beefy enough to chill on my mono green team (at least until I get 2 more tonics for Yunan)

2 Likes

I think is a great hero because i can take her for almost every feature of the game and she will perform great at all of them… but when looking for specific features individually i can easilly find 2/3 heroes better than she… thats why i think she is not OP

In Magic : The Gathering card game, there are certain card combinations that make it nearly impossible for the other player to win. That is why tournaments are restricted to various sets or editions. I used to play in them and do well.

In E&P I have yet to find a hero combo I cannot defeat. I can guarantee you that I would be able to defeat anything with all season 1 heroes, which means that HOTM are amazing and the event/Atlantis heroes are powerful… but they are not so OP that it makes it impossible for a S1 team to be successful-- even without oodles of emblems.

ooooo… now that sounds like a really good idea…

Wouldn’t it be cool to have different Raid Arenas? such as ones restricted to S1 heroes only, then S2, then All?

I’d vote for that. :slight_smile:

back to the topic, where I will say something about Seshat being par for the course with this run of HOTM and make a very poignant observation that gets tons of likes, and because of the profound notion that I present, people may start to reassess their antipathy toward their fellow man, world peace will be achieved… and all because of this amazing thing that I will say.

Or maybe I’ll just stop.

6 Likes

Not wanting to derail yet another thread too much into what constitutes low/moderate spending, or who gets what, it’s all way too subjective and everyone experiences differently. My point was that HOTM seem to drop at a frequency far, far above the 1.3% advertised.

More importantly, the point of this thread was that this particular HOTM is far too powerful which simply isn’t the case, there have been more influential heroes released in the past through hero of the month or, in the real feeling of disparity, expensive Atlantis and event summons where you do have to be prepared to drop a fortune if you’re planning to chase a certain hero, and there will be more influential heroes in the future.

1 Like

Yes the first version of Zeline … that one was really OP…

She was more powerful without knickers.

errhh… nm.

1 Like

I don’t think this is accurate. The data I have is very consistent with the nominal drop rate.

But there is a real cachet to being seen as “lucky.” What is far more likely is that people tend to underreport the number of pulls they have done versus the number of HOTM they have gotten.

9 Likes

Wait a minute… when I pull 20 and get Ranvir, then I pull 30 more for other stuff and don’t get anything more… I can’t just say I got Ranvir in 20 pulls? I thought pull cutoffs were based around last useful hero. :slight_smile: (sadly in the case of Seshat, I’ve had quite “good” (2 in 30) luck, but some of my members certainly haven’t (0 for 100)

1 Like

You should talk with players who didn’t get hotm after 120 or 160 pulls :slight_smile:

Yup. Nobody posts bad pulls, but everyone posts extremely lucky pulls.

6 Likes

Very true!
…20 lucky pulls

Completely disagree to that… I think the odds are exactly as described

1 Like

Some of us report our extremely poor luck too…

1 Like

Yup. I think @BFD is the current crown-holder for “holy crap that luck was awful.” It was something like 515 pulls between HOTM for him, and he catalogued it. But the modal post is a good luck post, not a bad luck post.

2 Likes

There are quite a few threads about how bad some players’ pulls are. I recall one with no 5* AT ALL in well over 300.

4 Likes

There are over a million active players and each time a new HotM is released, there are about 50 posts of good luck and also 50 steaming disappointed pullers.

5 Likes

The ones that drive me nuts are the people who get 2 featured 5* plus hotm on a ten pull. Makes me want to quit. Moreso than the folks who have 29 3* on a 30 pull

3 Likes

But you don’t know, how many 10s with just Renfelds they did before. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

in part because you identify with the poor sap that has 29 3* from a 30 pull but feel nothing but envy towards the other.

The number of double HotM on a 10 pull is VERY low but with all the people playing, most (many) of those that do have that luck, post it. Leading us to grind our teeth in frustration.

3 Likes

Yeah. Folks always say that. But with all my pulls I have yet to have that kind of fortune. Id estimate 10 ten pulls of 3* only no hotm, a couple 30 pulls with only season1 4* and 3*

Sure ive gotten 5* but obviously i would like to have one solid, really big win that I can reflect on. “Yeah., ha ha… I guess i used all my good luck when i pulled Alberich, Mokarr and the hotm on a 10 pull”

Just would be nice is all.

2 Likes