Seshat really is not OP?

For a reason, because who attacks you most of the time is a medium stack and that’s where Gwen is worth. If the attacks were made between pairs Gwen would not be used, there are at least 4 better ones.
I have Gwen and a defense team of almost 4300, of worthy heroes. How many attacks do you think Zero or Uclapack would fail my team? 1 out of 10, change to Aegir +7 or Yunan or Kunchen +7 or GVM +7 and see it?

Wait… you have an Aegir +7 @Ber? I can’t tell you how happy that makes me…

1 Like

So…you think Aegir is a tougher target than Guin at tank?

I don’t have her, but that is a splendid expression. :+1:

10 Likes

not OP but slightly better than other Purple sniper. She is basicly Domitia with Thoth Minion + Fast

2 Likes

It is much more difficult, today and with what there is, between high level players to defend. And Onatel, and Kunchen

I love to face both of them.

@Ber I’ve read this over carefully, and I can’t understand your reasoning for your claim that Seshat is OP. Mantis works through her skills point by point. Could you please identify where you disagree?

5 Likes

Of course. Quick hero, stats 760/683/1345, 400 damage plus a minion with 18 vit and 15 attacks, which clones itself every 3 turns. (I do not need to reckon the total calculations, but they are very high and, as flank fire almost always, I assure you, an attack and I have received many in my tests, nor has it dropped from a minimum of 813 to a heavyweight to directly kill 4-shot heroes Link element, multiple dissipator and immune to mana reducers Compare it, for example with Domitila, similar statistics, although less attack 725, for a 410 damage AVERAGE Lianna, perhaps the sniper maximum game, without any secondary, with less attack, 729 and less life, does a damage similar to a loaded Seshat.By the way, always try to refute the accusation of Op to a hero as degenerative, dispel as Mantis says, but it is a hero of attack and the AI does not dissipate anything.In addition, the claim that it is 14 in damage is at least erroneous

Um…

Aegir is a tile soak. It’s not that I never lose when Aegir as a tank, but the board has to be RIDICULOUSLY bad. There’s no reason to even bother stacking against Aegir. You just stack against whatever flank is easiest to drop defense on and crush.

I think you’ll find that most top players have little trouble with Aegir, and are happy when they find him as a tank.

16 Likes

Yeah it’s so easy to counter Aegir with Wilbur. I love fighting Aegir, as you said just a tile soak.
But he really shines in offense in mono blue stack. His healing for 100% of normal damage is enormous considering damage boost in mono stack.

2 Likes

That statement is valid for everyone, for gin, aegir, etc. At high level all fall, but a curiosity, Aegir for me is the best tank of war, when resources falter.

And by the way, the affirmation of 14 in damage is false and biased. Of the rapids, it is between the first 5 without minion, with minion is 2 or 3 and also with multiple secondaries.

I am not trying to be dismissive of your reasons, I just find them hard to understand due to the language barrier, except for this part.

You can calculate raw damage output easily by multiplying attack stat X special skill modifier %
(760*400)
Lianna, Kageburado, Joon, Alasie, Poseidon, Magni, Gregorian, Arthur, Alice, Sartana and Marjana, in that order, all outrank her for single target damage, the majority of whom are also fast mana, and many of whom also posess excellent passive skills (arguably all of them do except Lianna, Sartana and Marjana) . It is not hidden from anyone, nor a matter of opinion, the numbers are there to see.
Lepus and Thorne, their main target damage + minor nearby damage also output higher raw damage.
The only single shot legendary heroes with weaker damage than Seshat are Leonidas, Domitia, Perseus and Khiona.

760 base attack is good, but far from the best, among dark heroes alone.
683 defence is some way below average
1345 health is also below average, but hinges on the caveat that minions can essentially put her at 2k+ health which is formidable. Attack minions however are a little archaic and especially on one hero they still pose little more than a tiny threat to opponents, they are essentially just an extension of health, a faux heal.

Domitia is an unfortunate hero, she added too little too late to the TC20 roster, and many have begged and pleaded for her to be made relevant, but claiming Seshat is broken just because you compare her to Domitia is not enough.

15 Likes

Agreed 20 characters

1 Like

I would love to see a few videos of you dumping lots empty tiles into Guin and then winning easily. Since you find her an easy tank for bad boards, I would very much enjoy watching your technique so I can learn what makes you successful when she repeatedly cuts mana and heals.

Aegir means you don’t have to waste a strong color team. When resources falter, Aegir tanks are the ones I hit with what I have left.

8 Likes

The thing you seem to be forgetting is that everyone in beta knows they will have to face a hero in battle once it hits production.

No one wants broken or OP heroes out there, because no one enjoys having to fight against broken or OP heroes. Having Seshat in your roster wouldn’t make her easier to fight if she were a badly broken hero.

If anything, the logical thing for people in beta to do if they were just being self-interested would be to try to get every new hero nerfed hard. Kerrodoc’s and Mantis’ rosters are way better than mine. If no more good heroes were ever released, they would have a static, durable advantage, and could save a lot of money too.

12 Likes

@Ber
I agree with @Garanwyn on seeing video.
Please believe I’m not doubting what you say, I’m just interested in seeing if you have discovered something others have not. I truly believe every hero has a purpose, and we as gamers just need to find it. We all know heros are at their best maxed and very few are willing to take the chance on heros with such a grind to get AM.

1 Like

I’m going to say this more for everyone else than the OP simply because it seems like OP is not inclined to listen, and the language barrier doesn’t help. I dunno. Making assumptions and rolling with it I guess.

I just recently pulled a Seshat, but given she’s still a baby (1/22ish), I don’t have much practical experience at this time, nor does most anyone who is lucky enough to have her at all. So a lot of what I’m basing my argument on is grounded in what others have said or speculated about and my own experience with my “ultra rare HOTM” that I’ve been lucky to pull, in my case Frida, Ares, Guardian Panther (not a HOTM but you get my drift), and recently Ranvir.

A HOTM, while strong, does not automatically make you win.

I don’t recall what I was thinking, but I probably fell into the same trap as others do in this game and other things in life: “If I can only get X, then it’ll solve ALL my problems!”

This is not how this game works. Having a strong and diverse bench and the skill to wield it effectively will take you further than slamming down a walletful of gems and auto piloting the board. You need a team that can field diverse situations.

Frida is strong. Ares is strong, Panther is strong, and Seshat is strong… but not by themselves. Frida needs a strong blue support structure or else she’s a slightly squishier Richard who does an area dispel… and that’s it. Ares is really strong… if he has buddies who can actually hit worth a darn. If you flank him with Wilbur and Boldtusk, neither of whom are known as hitters, you’ll just be sad. TRUST ME ON THIS. Panther is strong… but without any purple hitters to follow up, she’s like the aforementioned Frida but worse because she’s made of paper and will crumple at the first glance. I made a thread asking all about this in fact: “Am I crazy or is Panther kinda meh?”

With all that in mind, Seshat is a silver bullet specifically designed for one purpose (as far as I can tell): to kill Guinevere. Multiple attempts at this have been tried and (from what I understand) none of them have stuck (see Cheshire Cat). She is NOT designed to be your bread-and-butter, average C2P sandwich who will be taken in a lot of situations, though she can be. Without Guinevere in the mix, Seshat is an above average, if only just, sniper who can do an area dispel. Whopdee doo. Having had a bunch of those, lemme tell you I’d rather have a Melendor or Sabina because they don’t have to punch a Boril in the face to dispel. The minions are nice, but she’ll crumple like a house of cards to a yellow stack, and others have reported that without the minions, she’s still quite squishy. Seshat is built for the spenders to be used by the spenders, and if you don’t intend to rank in diamond raids or place in events, you’ll live without having one on your bench. There are other dark heroes who might be more specialized but are better at specific roles than Seshat. Sartana for instance.

Seshat is fine. Is she great? Who knows. Is she going to automatically take you to top 100 diamond and place in events? Not by herself, and maybe not at all. Seshat is not a swiss army knife that will fix all your problems, and depending on your bench and what you want out of this game, that might not be what you need anyway.

Anyway, /rantover, that’s my two gems.

12 Likes

I feel like this thread is mostly just frustration with them bringing out another counter for your tank … don’t worry, my GM and Santa aren’t excited about Ariel, Yunan is about to be sad about Nadnog and so forth and so on, they sell you a problem, then they sell you an answer and the cycle continues to repeat for repeated spending. Seshat by herself isn’t that much better then Domitia with a level 23 mana troop honestly (yes, better still, but not scary better). There isn’t a tank out there that Zero, UCLA or any top payer/player can’t beat 9 out of 10 times, in raids, given semi cooperative boards.

9 Likes