Seshat – New July 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

She is anti-Guin. But they’ve released a lot of purple heroes making life for Guin more difficult. I think there’s a shift coming away from her and yellow tanks in general in wars. They still have the best defensive tanks, but Purple tanks, esp Kunchen and Wolf, could become the top war color because of the severe lack of quality yellow 4 stars. The 5’s just aren’t common enough. Lack of good yellow 4’s is a major flaw in this game. Purple tanks would really exploit that as long as there’s enough semi-viable options, which we are getting close to.

4 Likes

Now, now, Thoth and Domitia are very proud of their daughter, Seshat.

(Seriously, she’s basicall the best of both of those—a fast, minion-summoning sniper with dispel, plus a bunch more.

This is perhaps the best 10x pull of my E&P career:

You get to a point where the odds of adding two grade-A 5* for 2600 gems is flabbergastingly low.

Seshat is a superbly crafted Guin counter. She and Kage can quickly take Guin out most of the time, leaving three spots on the team to deal with the rest of the pack. Today I bring 3 purple against Guin, which reduces effectiveness against the rest of the team, particularly if Guin is flanked with two purples.

I’m seeing a shift in the meta from yellow tanks to purple. Wolf, Ursena, Kunchen, and Hel are all strong tanks. Seshat is that proverbial nail in the coffin for yellow tanks.

15 Likes

Even if you just started the game, the odds of 2 5* heroes in one 10x pull is astronomically low.

Congrats on the amazing pull :slight_smile: Are they going into the queue or are they being speed leveled?

1 Like

I had the same great Rana + Seshat luck on my second 10 pull (and after a handful of EHTs).

Screenshot_20190703-001859

While I’m happy with Rana, I still covet Joon as my current max 5* yellows are Delilah, Leo, and Onatel. Really would like a fast mana yellow.

Speaking of vanilla 5*s that have evaded me during months and months of running TC20s - I finally got my first Domitia out of TC20 today, right after getting Seshat who makes Domitia obsolete.

6 Likes

I had 27 epic hero tokens I had saved up since Christmas event, was trying hard for Yunan, but I pulled Seshat on my 6th token and I’m really happy about that :slight_smile: Kage is still the best dark purple, but Seshat is #2 now in front of Sartana because of her special. I think Seshat and Victor were meant to be husband & wife lol?

at 3/70 too. i’m stuck with one trap tools! have all the tabards… :sweat_smile::rofl:

Hel is top 1 or 2, but Seshat might be 3 or 4.

1 Like

Already overspend my budget last month, so I won’t do summons, but I really want to have her. She’s #2 hotm this year so far in my list.
Hard Guin counter with not only the mana resits, but also 3 target dispel.
Good Stats, with high enough attack against titans and minions should raise her survivability.
Elemental link is a bit disappointing, but since it’s a bonus it’s nothing to complain about.
Overall a very similar to Domitia with better stats and minions instead of holy shield.

She’s a top raider and a good addition to any war/raid tournament/trial roster. Ranger class doesn’t have a purple 5* either and she’s perfect against the Chao boss in trials.
I don’t think I would put her in my defense team, but I can see a slight tactical advatage of having her. Either she builds up a meatshield army or the raider has to attack heer, drawing away fire from others. Would be pretty cool with Queen of Hearts, so they can’t use specials on Seshat. Though minion eaters will have a feast.

1 Like

So, has anyone figured out if her 4% mana boost after activating her special will ever get her to 6 tiles to charge? There is a 2% mana gain increase node in the ranger talent tree, and add mana troops?

No, she won’t be able to charge with six tiles with her special skill active.

And also not with her special skill active and her 2% mana gain increase from the talent tree.

2 Likes

:laughing: too funny!

Question. With a 4* mana troop even at level one after she gets her special off she will have a 9% bonus. Is that enough to push her to very fast?

No, fast heroes need 15% mana rate increase to reduce their special skill by 1 tile. And even then she would technically still not be very fast because she would require 7 tiles compared to 6.5 for very fast.

2 Likes

Sadly these are results that are unsurprising. 38 pulls and no HOTM. No surprise to me.

With a 1.3% chance, there are some folks here who could tell you what your probabilities are for obtaining the HOTM if you proceed to do a 39th pull. And a 40th. And a 41st…

But for me, I would say that your odds of getting the HOTM with your 39th pull are 1.3%. And your odds of getting it with your 40th pull are 1.3%. And your odds of getting it with your 41st are… you guessed it…

Congrats on obtaining Rana. That’s a nice hero.

Congrats. And also congrats on Domitia. That’s some very good luck against long odds.

She’ll be getting tabs from me over Kunchen, he’s great and all, but… I don’t really need a tank and his role can be pretty easily filled by a 4 star on offense (obviously not the defense down, but… rigard with emblems has been very nice for me).

Emblemed Kunchen is better than emblemed Rigard :wink: But I agree Seshat is somewhat unique and Kunchen could be replaced.
Hel ate all my tabards before I got Seshat so the undead lady must wait…

You’re right. Your odds of getting on the 39th draw is 1.3% and on the 40th is 1.3%, but your odds of getting her with 39 or 40 TOTAL draws is WAY higher than 1.3%

5 Likes

It’s quite easy to imagine. When you toss a coin you have 50% chance for at least one head. But if you toss a coin 10 times you have much better chance for at least one head in 10 tries because you have 50% chance each toss…

4 Likes

Agreed, Kunchen is awesome, he just doesn’t fit for me tab wise as I already have a high emblem rigard and Aeron maxed. Ursena ate most of mine. :frowning: