Seriously? [extreme cup-dropping]

That’s what I figured. He’s probably aiming for c2p, if he sticks with the game. I’ll mention the cheap gem deals. He just wants to get some decent heroes ASAP, and I remember it was a long grind for me even when I was spending a few dollars.

VIP pass is a good deal for new c2p players. Second builder and extra gems really help early in the game.

Good point, I got that early on and it’s still useful, especially now that they’ve added the new buildings.

Agree with @nevarmaor, if he wants to invest money in the game, I would recommend starting with good deals like VIP pass or atlantis offers on gems and coins, nothing else but that.

And define a reasonable monthly budget before starting putting money in the game. Otherwise he could go out of control.

2 Likes

Shop offers are never a good deal. My family buys emblems and I buy some others for research purposes ( 5x 5x 3* mono trainer heroes teams ).

Their pricing is the same as movie theater popcorn, and the economics behind it are the same. People who cannot afford it get cheaper tickets because people who can afford the popcorn subsidies all ticket buyers. Though you cannot sneak your own gems into Empires under your winter coat.

This is a topic about gems and IAP ( still fairly current):

([Opinion, Discussion] Effective IAP gem deals in Empires or Return On Investment)

and HotM chasing

(How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis)

or

4 Likes

…. or can you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :laughing:

Yeah he’s probably not going to spend a ton, if he even sticks with the game. I’m trying to recruit as many friends and family as I can to try to fill my alliance, but I know there’s a chance some of them might not stick with it, and I really need dedicated dependable people for my team.

1 Like

Family is awesome.

But my alliance has been fighting 6* titans for 2 years now, so be prepared to give up titans loot tier 9, titan parts, and war chest if you want a friend and family guild.

If you want the best loot, try and find a family of alliances so you can switch to high level titans when you want good loot, and drop down to low level titans when you need a break.

Notes

Titan loot tiers

Family is multiple alliances
(How does a "sister alliance" work? - #12 by Gryphonknight)

Titan parts
(Titan Parts Loot Tier Drop Tracking – show me your drops)

1 Like

Yeah, we are stuck on lower level titans. But most of us, probably even myself included, would struggle on higher level titans anyway. I know I’m missing out on the best possible loot, but were I to join a high level alliance, I would always be worried about being kicked because my scores weren’t good enough. My current alliance is at a comfortable middle level where I am the big fish in a small pond so to speak. What I sacrifice in terms of loot, I make up for in happiness. :smiley:

That is, after all, my primary goal when playing any game. Loot is great, but higher levels of competition can easily lead to frustration to the point where it’s not enjoyable anymore. For me, at least. Everybody has different goals, my main goal is to have fun.

2 Likes

I dont think that the best Titan loot is decicive for FTP at least.
After playing for about 15 month I have no problem ascending most of my heroes.

I have quite a few 4* heroes sitting at 3/60 and two 5* sitting at 3/70 because I don’t have the mats to finish them. I’m c2p, been playing for 10 months, complete as many titans / monster chests / wars / etc. as I can - usually at least 1 monster chest a day, elemental chests whenever they pop up, we kill most of our titans, win more than half of our wars… I can only conclude that the reason I don’t have as many ascension mats as other players is because they’re killing higher level titans, which is fine if that’s the case. Otherwise I just have really bad luck, in which case it doesn’t matter what level titan I’m fighting anyway.

Rare titans with loot tier 9+ drop the most emblems, this is the biggest difference for F2P. Especially when trying to emblems 4* / 5* heroes.

Both normal, and rare, Titan loot tier 9+ has a chance of dropping more gems, Epic troop tokens and Epic hero tokens.

Epic hero tokens work with all Seasonal summons.

Titan loot tier 1-6 does not drop all 7x 4* ascension items.

On average, titan loot tier 9+ drops +50% for 3* / 4* ascension items.

You can fight high level titans and STILL have bad luck.

But the longer you kill high level titans, the better chance you will get some good luck also.

Until classes, I had 2x purple 3* ascension items than any other color. After classes ( Rigard, Proteus, Tiburtus, Sabina ) and 5* summons ( Domitia 5* 3.70, Thoth-Amon 5* 3.70, Obakan 5* 3.70 ) that is no longer a problem.

Hopefully Alchemy Lab v3.0 will help with the bad luck. Or trade ( projected 2-3 years away ).

1 Like

Yeah I tend to get tons more ascension mats in one color than others (usually the color I don’t need LOL). My summons and TC pulls tend to lean heavy on reds, yet the most common ascension mat I get are capes. Go figure. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I appreciate this cup dropper. Them being a lvl 46 & mid-platinum EDIT: They raided me from Diamond tier…its obvious to me they want to stay lower tier because they set their defense & then attacked me overnight. So they got to drop their cups without me losing ham. I think this is the way to cup drop. If you must do it, be the attacker, lose the cups & move on to be victim to the next. When you’ve dropped to where you want, then set your defense back to normal. Win/win (kinda :thinking:)

2 Likes

That does seem like a classier way to cup drop, but I’d be too tempted to revenge.

1 Like

At least put 5 scrubs out there so we can fill our heroes chest!

5 Likes

You know I once had a 1/1 Aife defense that didn’t get attacked nearly as much as I’d expected. Once I went full unleveled 1* heroes, man did those cups go flying out the door.

1 Like

There was nothing to revenge. They lost. Pretty sure they were hoping to :grin:

2 Likes

Here’s my cup dropping team from a long time ago. Made them at least give an honest effort to win.

2 Likes

Dude, it seems odd we are about similar age but I am where you were in July. The exception is my alliance is a one man band that I use as a sandpit to try and improve my crappy skills in alliance war (and stacking vs Titans) where i am at 7 losses (against Russians with one due to me selecting the wrong Rigard, a 1:1), one draw against a Russian where we agreed without communication to the 3 points each and one win (which was comprehensive) against a German.

Yes, I may be a little slow (poor pattern recognition), but I’m learning to manage my heroes to match the field aid on offer in any AW; from being defeated by 1500 pts to start with to my last defeat by 148 pts against an American who out of all of them seemed the dodgiest with a zero titan score and just one team that could flip me; but his war score suggested that he lost most of the time or at least the last 2 times (and I royally messed up with my last attack for zero pts). Hopefully I may be an asset to my next alliance rather than a fifth wheel like my last. The upper bottom 33% suits me fine; or I hope it will.

I don’t agree, they scored at least 11 cups from you plus food and iron and got 5 hero kills. In return, you got 7 cups, one hero kill for your chest and an undeclared amount of food and iron. I think it sleazy at best. But then I have flags to burn so murdering someone to get 2/3rds back doesn’t phase me. They have already won but I can limit that to food, iron and just 4 cups net gain.