Serious error in the game code

you are not understanding the problem.
the damage calculator example is perfect but does not apply in this report.

has two types of heroes with special powers
A) those that generate a percentage damage
B) those that have a fixed damage that does not vary and is already established.

I do not know if the mathematics or the word fixed sincerely will have another meaning but when something does not change at least in my knowledge of the world it does not change.
it is not like the water of the hinodoros that according to the hemisphere runs for a different side to the other.

We talk about heroes like blad and all those who have a fixed attack power and NOT%

1 Like

as I explained before if what you say was correct and not an error.
Why doesn’t the same apply to healing, mana regeneration and others?

1 Like

a hero has the calculation which is a percentage of the attack power (in this case it has a variable and it is perfect)

Other heroes have an established power that does not depend on the variable of the attack power (that is, this power is not variable, it is fixed and does not change; however, in the game it is taken as the power of% and it changes and that is a mistake )

Are you referring to the Damage Over Time damage like burning?

That originally was a fixed number, but HotM Natalya caused a design change:

(Understanding DoT (Damage over Time) - #46 by Gryphonknight)

Empires does suffer from a lack of transparency in damage, summoning, Hero XP, camps, defense and war.

2 Likes

if Natalya falls into the fixed damage category but the problem well from long before Natalya entered the game in January 2018 but the problem arises in the introduction of the first event in marlovia in August 2017 with the introduction of vlad

1 Like

If you read the beginning of the post to which you refer and read mine. It is very simple to realize that the post where they try to explain the damage of the dot is inconsistent and forcibly tries to adjust the explanation to what they know without giving more evidence than their word that this is so (sorry if it sounds abrupt it is not with Animosity to offend.In fact I thank this person who took the trouble to do such an incredible post for the moment the explanation was excellent but with the findings in the game much of the logic does not fit in reality)

in the original quote of the text this person says that the troops do not modify the dot and that the final number is not increased.
He also says that this change was introduced with the updating of the talent network. which shows that this theory is not correct and that it tries to force the understanding of what happens in the hero without knowing why

as the vlad video shows, it has been since 2017 and is affected without having a talent network
the fixed dot of vlad is affected without reaching the maximum of its special power
and the troops are the cause of this effect

if you follow the comment thread
Until August 2017, there were no heroes with any other special power that is not expressed as a percentage of damage, which has a variable formula.
when introducing the new heroes of marlovia and changing the hero card they come to have a power from a variable value to a fixed value which is designed by many people but after all it is the programmer who has to dump the changes in the game code. And the latter does what they ask, if for many making the change is obvious to a programmer who only programs and is not involved in the game, it is not obvious.
Then he tells the programmer that he has to introduce the change in the game that a hero has, that power is no longer a percentage variable but rather a fixed value.

• The programmer changes this but forgets to change the other part of the equation where when entering battle he adds the power of the troop and takes out the percentage and calculates the damage.
    This is what I’m sure happened and you didn’t realize this.
    since when they later introduced the costumes and changed the card of a hero of a variable value, it has fixed in the case of the healers this time the change was made correctly so that the same does not happen in healers.

the problem is that there is no official statement from empires about this.
with the introduction of the value network the only thing they did was add code to the code that was already in 2017 with the undetected error in which part the error is generated in fact we all remember the difficulty they had with the implementation of the changes of the talent network.
and even the explanation of the talents continues to pass the error in a very shameless way.

then I return to the topic:

• they don’t want to recognize the error and fix it
  • they did not know of its existence
  • if it is not an error because they continue to explain the cards and the talent network and all the rest badly (which suggests that this error should not exist)
    -if it is not a mistake because the same does not apply to healers and other heroes

the problem is that none of the explanations they give or what they intend to give does not fit and the company does not give an official word about it

1 Like

I’d just point out that the quoted section discusses buffs, not troops. Troops is discussed later.

Does this explain what you are seeing? I’ll admit, I’m having a hard time following.

1 Like

understands the post but is defending without explaining something that is not right I will show my point of view from another perspective.

The past Wonderland (if I’m not mistaken) had a pain in the easy mode that where a level was repeated this showed a chip board repeated one above the other.
Now let’s imagine that this is not corrected and each year is the same.
I open a post saying that I ran into this error and everyone says no, the event of wonders works like this.
to which I reply it is logical not to
but the rest keep saying it is so
I reply:
A) and if so why doesn’t it happen in all phases.
B) why doesn’t it happen with all the other events …
c) why it doesn’t happen the first time you enter the level …

the same is happening here
How the increase in the power of the hero and the dot occurs I have it very clear that I already know and no explanation is necessary.
now this does not stop presenting the same questions that I put above
A) and if so why doesn’t it happen with life, defense and mana
B) why does not it happen with the power in the masquerade
C) why it says fixed calculation and then ends up being variable

if you see this a math teacher disapproves of you
if we pose a linear problem and the factors are fixed numbers in non-variable form
the solution will never be to take them to a variable form after solving the variable and in the end getting the answer is very crazy

I mean I program the math schrödinger
because it is the only way to understand it
following the logic of the game and with the reading comprehension given by the hero’s letter to the troops and the talent network

1 Like

I wont say I fully understand but between your post and the video showing the Vlad stat’ anomaly I assume you mean that this applies across the board? Because I just checked two of my damage over time heroes and I have some strange numbers.

Colen @ 3:60
605, 446, 908; 180% to all and 270 damage to all over 6 turns.

In the fight equipped with a lvl 11 mana troop +20% attack, +13% defense, 15% healing bonus and 9% mana boost I get:
689, 526, 953; 180% to all and 312 dmg over 6 turns which is only a 12% increase in attack a 15.2% increase in defense and a 4.72% increase in health (the sum of which is equal to the claimed attack/ defense stats of the troop; which makes some sense). The value of the increase in damage over time is 13.4%; more than the increase in attack oddly. I would just assume that given that any normal attack can be weak neutral or strong and special attacks variable (including set damage over time which is clearly a function of the hero at any given level).

I don’t see an issue really.

in the game it has 2 classes of special attack powers which are differentiated by the following
A) heroes with attack percentage which varies according to the hero’s attack power and everything that can increase or modify it
(this is clear to me, there is no problem here)

B) heroes that have a special power that is an integer which is already predestined by the game according to the hero’s power level and which is not affected by the variation of the hero’s attack power increase and everything that could increase it.
HERE IS THE ERROR !!!

you wrote the hero’s letter and put that it has a fixed attack that does not change or is affected by the attack enhancement by troops or talent network (since it is the big difference with the heroes that are in example A)
However, I sent you a video demonstrating that these heroes follow the same pattern and, furthermore, the fixed attack values ​​of the special power shown in the hero card are modified. This creates confusion for the different form of power and explanation of the whole game on how it works.

1 Like

I upload this video for non-believers who still think that what I say is nonsense, here I show you why it is not

First kalile according to logic by giving him a troop attack increase by 18% more he should increase his hero attack level which does it but also the percentage of special power hit which does not only happens when he is a fixed porder without the percentage variable. Okay, let’s say that after trying to find the solution, I end up accepting that this is so and that we live in a parallel world where mathematics is like Schrodinger’s cat.
Okay, well, if only the power that does not have a fixed varibale is modified, I take advantage of the increase in troops that gives Kalile in this case 18% more and in the second part of the power, which has a fixed value, I get 18% more That number is like that, right?

you may be surprised that you don’t get that percentage you get less and why this …
why yes and what logic does it have …
none but as some continue to say this is not a mistake the game works like this
That would be the answer or someone would like to show me that I am wrong and there is something I do not see in the video. I wait for your messages.
Pd: please be serious and respectful if you are not interested in the post do not comment but do not be uncivilized thanks

1 Like

At this stage I am almost positive that it is the way that SG describes special attacks. Since @ratabboypda brought this up I have been attentive and have noticed (this is in English btw) that they describe some heroes special attacks in precisely the same way although the way it plays out in the game is totally dramatically different. I posted this elsewhere earlier:

I gave Boomer some consideration until I took him out for his first run yesterday @3:60 because his special is described using the exact/identical same language as Hu Tao and Li Xiu; 205% damage to all ; Hu Tao 200% damage to all ; Li Xiu, 150% damage to all . Sounds precisely the same but Hu Tao and Li Xiu inflict 150% and 200% damage to each hero (so 750% and 1000%) but Boomers 205% is 205% divided by 5 so compared to the other 2 and using their (SG) terminology, Boomer is delivering 41% to all!!! It is the most shamefully shocking pitiful special skill and SG should try to be consistent (that is perilously close to dishonesty). I set him off and the hit delivered 100 pts damage; less than one tiles worth. Boomer is staggeringly awful imo.

EDIT. While I’m at it, @Petri maybe someone should look into that? It must be a mistake! (I’m sorry for the intrusion, I have never tagged you until now and I promise not to make a habit of it.). i’m not one of the anti Teluria (Plant Hero!) crowd but like and respect the bench Teluria raid campaign. There are a few heroes I really don’t like equally, if not more! But this Boomer special must be a joke or something. I almost didn’t believe it! 100 points damage? It was comical!

2 Likes

thanks for your answer
as I said in the first text this is just the tip of the Iceberg
since everything comes from the heroes of marlovia
in fact telluria is very unfair to the rest of the tanks these should last longer but with this error not only the tanks do not last but now a hero who is a tank par excellence and also a puncher goes to a new level phase making a big difference in As for the rest of the heroes of the game we could say that it is like having a 6 * hero and it is not the only case we already have 3 or 4 that are in the same category this would be solved making the attack power of fixed value be fixed and with that the whole problem is solved

1 Like

Now the people of small giants still do not give me an answer to the emails and they asked me to ask in the forum but where are they where someone is going to take this seriously and say or act about it

1 Like

You said you used him at 3.60, that’s why. His final stat attack at 4.70 is 541, kinda low, so imagine using it with even lower stats. (Spoiler: he kinda sucks even at 4.70, and he received two buffs through the years if I’m not wrong).

And NO, his special is not working different from Li Xiu or Hu Tao, they’re working same identical way, if you’re familiar with how Damage Calculation work and its formula you should know it. Otherwise I advise you to check that specific thread, it’s very helpful.

1 Like

some way to get an official response and also make sure the right people are aware of this situation
(programmers) because the emails I send only reply that it hurts that you do not feel that the hero is not working for you and for more questions ask in the forum

1 Like

Well, this is primarily a players forum. The developers do chime in occasionally, but not always as the intent is to be a players forum. That said, they do read the forum and keep up with it.

Honestly, as I posted before and in the DoT thread, I feel you are mistaken. Other commenters are saying the same thing. I doubt this will get an official response.

2 Likes

Forum

I find it interesting that we have proof the Devs were informed about scaling DOT with attack stat, but they never replied.

Notes

Click for notes

Draft

This is a draft response I deleted, because searching @Petri , and staff posts can be difficult. like @Checker, their replies make perfect sense in context, but the forum search function does not understand context, so they are extremely difficult to locate.

Yep, not very searchable.

As intended

We are letting you know that it is not an error ( see notes ).

The programmers at Small Giant Games have deliberately programmed it to act in this manner since 2017-November.

Confusion

This is true for many game mechanics ( see note )

Note

Click for notes

Moderators are volunteers ( example Coppersky) that can talk to forum staff ( example Petri ) who can talk to programmers.

2017-Nov Coppersky

(Colen inconsistencies in writeups - #27 by Coppersky)

after SGG staff Petri investigates

(Colen inconsistencies in writeups - #15 by Petri)

After adding emblems to game

(Natalya’s Talent Grid - Attack stat effect on DOTs? - #18 by Kerridoc)

2x Moderators, Defense team bonus and troops

(Natalya special skill damage - #2 by zephyr1)

Search

(Search results for '#bugs-issues DOT ' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

FIN

FIN

4 Likes

hum you saw the last of the publication what of kalile
I understand that you think that I am wrong and several more.
but until now none was able to give an explanation that fits this error correctly

now the explanation of the error coincidentally fits in each and every one of the aspects that were marked

2 Likes

I have some qualifications to my earlier statements. In my usual fashion of getting the evidence and delivering a killer blow, the evidence blew my legs off! (I can upload the video if you or anyone would like)
EDIT: and no, you don’t get to see my legs exploding, you get the E&P 12.9 video.

EDIT 2 @UroSecondo, I am very familiar with that thread as it happens! It was of great interest to me for a while. I understand things now I think! I would like to know what level gave me 100 pts from a Boomer special?

I tested a 3:60 Boomer, next to a 3:60 Tiburtus, next to a 3:60 Li Xiu and the results surprised me. Boomer is superior in many respects!!! EDIT 3: Except for tile damage!

All specials here are non elemental so equivalent and the test arena is S1 lvl 12.9 (legit empirical science!):

Li Xiu, 587 pt attack (150% to all) did, on average 230 pts per target for ~1150 points damage.
Tiburtus, 641 attack (sorry, he has the base costume bonus but it is meaningless here) but is 295% to target and nearby (550, 272, 272) for ~1250 pts damage.
Boomer, 504 attack, 204% to all, 285-290, yielded a massive ~1450 pts damage!!!

I officially eat my words!!