Serious error in the game code

Good to all, I do not expect you to give me an answer, but someone from small giants will get in touch with the programmers and solve the problem since it is something quite recorded and a careless error.

First of all, I am not going to explain how far the error is in this code, but its nature.
and believe me I have analyzed this enough and it is more than clear that it is an error now the issue is.
they never realized this …
they are not interested in solving it …
or what is happening?

I already asked about it and they gave me the explanation of how the dot works.
to those who want to go the same way, please let’s be serious
1 the dot is for heroes who have a special power that is based on percentage which interacts directly with the hero’s attack power, that means that if you increase the hero’s attack power, you increase the damage while the only way to move the amount The percentage with which it hits in the special ability is going up levels of it which we all know are 8 and that each level increases the% of the special power but that this number is already predestined beforehand and that it will always be =

2 when I refer to this error, I refer to heroes that do not fall within the attack% but have a fixed value.
I understand that some values ​​are variable and others but anywhere in the world if they tell you about an indivisible number and then it tells you but it is divided is somewhat illogical.

the problem I have here is the following:
a hero that has a special attack power that is a fixed value which can only be modified by increasing the hero’s special power. if the hero’s letter says that he hits with 50 and not with 30% of … one is supposed to expect to hit with 50. that is called literary understanding
Now when we enter into battle mode it turns out that the fixed value is modified, an example would be a talent network and, as you will say, it can be modified with the talent network as follows:
example:
attack base hero 650
special power 25 fixed hit

Now if I give him attack level talent network and increase it by 90 points, not percentage if not points, because the game talks about points

would become
base hero 650 + 90 = 740 (increase of 90 points that are equivalent to 13.85% more of blow)
special power 28 fixed hit (fixed hit takes% increase and adds it)
now in which school is taught if we are adding whole numbers the results we pass them to percentages and we add it as a percentage bone is crazy
when one talks about addition and subtraction it is addition and subtraction not square root
netw x the hypotenuse seeing the angle of rotation of the earth according to the greenwich meridian and we subtract the last number of pi

I am sure that many at this point are not taking me seriously and believe that they are a simple hater kicked because things do not come out in the game

I can assure you that not so I made this little video so that they see who defends the current state of the game saying that there is no mistake and that they do not realize the seriousness of it

Now for what you want to continue discussing that it is the troops who do this since there is no other factor to take into account.
yes indeed it is the troops but this is a mistake
I understand that a hero whose power is a calculation of X percentage of damage of the Y attack level of the hero = blow that he generates with special power, that means that if the attack level of the hero increases, the damage level increases and as the troops rise damage level damage goes up

But here we are talking about that the hero’s card specifies that power does not take the percentage of the blow, but rather that it works individually without being affected by the increase in attack. but when entering battle and being modified the attack by the troops ends up modifying the power also.
If this were not an error in the game that would mean that if a healing hero who heals a percentage of the hero’s life, if he increased the hero’s life, he would also have to increase the healing percentage, which happens but it turns out that when healers have a fixed number of healing there if the troops or the increase in the talent network does not affect it

this leads me to the conclusion that the person in charge of modifying the code in the introduction of the event of marlovia in the old time of the game only modified the hero’s value of being a percentage at fixed value
but they forgot or were not told to modify the increase chain per attack percentage, and this error was passed every time they introduced a hero with a fixed hit value.

now in the introduction of the new masquerade heroes
the programmer when introducing change in the code and putting a fixed value in the healing of the heroes did the job well

the same goes for mana then when yes and when no

There is no logical explanation in this regard and in case this was not an error:
the letters are regardless of the language poorly explained and written.
the talent network regardless of the language poorly explained and written.
Fixed healing effect and mana boost effects on special powers are poorly programmed as they are unaffected by increases in hero attack, defense and life values

and this is the tip of the isberg
there is a big difference in the last heroes that are the game with respect to the rest the tanks no longer last what they should and this is due to the same failure.

the issue is that this raises a whole new world of possibilities and new strategies and understanding of heroes
Now the truth is that it would not be anything nice “to throw away the strategies and everything learned in these 3 years with the game” and change the mentality to this new form if in a while they are going to say that this was a failure and they We corrected since it is seeing a great difference in heroes and an imbalance in the ecosystem of power level and other of the same

7 Likes

Clearly, when you are looking at the hero before the battle, you are looking at only his own values without considering troops. In the battle, you are seeing him with the selected troops. I think you understand this, but I’m not sure what a good solution is.

I think the problem is that the programmers consider the hero’s card to always be the value of the hero without troops. This is confusing in the particular case because the troops are pictured right below it.

Added to this is the decision to make DoT print as numbers rather than relating them to the stats, even though at least the damage seems to be in fact based on the stats – a hero at 8/8 but not completely leveled will do less damage than the same hero fully leveled, simply because his attack stat goes up.

I can’t see putting a footnote on every card saying that the troops are going to affect the values on the card, though. And if the card were to change every time the troops change, I think even more people would be confused.

1 Like

I understand what you meant, and i think the solution could be simple, they should add in the hero card (this hero deal 55% of his attack damage over 4 turns) for ezample and right after that maybe between
" () " the actual damage that he deal every turn with his own attack damage (witouth troops) and then in battle you see still “55% of his atk damage over 4 turns” and (xx) for make my self more clear i’ll take your vid;

If your vlad with that level witouth troops deal 30 dmg over 5 turns they could write; the target will recive 15% of the hero attack damage over 5 turns (30 damage).

Then in the battle you’ll see: The target will recive 15% of hero attack damage over 5 turns (35), increased by the troop attack value.

In my pinion this could be nice to know but they should take in consideration all attack buffs and debuffs and that i think could be a lot of work for a small little thing. Im not a programmer or anything then i dont know how programming a code\game\whatever is but it should be a waste of time that they could use to idk… improve ToL :stuck_out_tongue: or kinda all odds :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

it shows that you did not read everything but that you only saw the video
Heroes that have a fixed hit value and fixed emphasis are not affected in their power by the increased attack of the hero

thanks finally someone who understands what is being talked about.
the correction and the balanse to the game would be
Or they remove the fixed value in attack as damage and only let all special powers be expressed in%.
or they leave the fixed power that is not affected by the increased attack of the hero as the card says and as someone with reading comprehension would understand.

as I said this is the tip of the isberg the problem is already bringing more complications to the game

2 Likes

Heal over time

I think this is the main point.

Vote:
(Heal over Time should increase with talents - #2 by Garanwyn)

Mana

defensive mana generation gets tricky

(Combos shouldn’t charge enemy specials - #2 by Gryphonknight)

(Search results for 'mana generation ' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

1 Like

you are straying from the topic that is not what is discussed (healing) but what it affirms and confirms that it is not a rule
it is an error because it is not applied correctly.

the problem is that it is saying that the hit of a hero is fixed and it is not interactive with the% when it shouldn’t be really I don’t understand much of English but in Spanish the simplest interpretation is that what the card says and how the hero behaves is incorrect and I am more than sure that in English it is =
It is as I tell you that the sum has a result and that the multiplication has different ones, but then I tell you that the two are calculated in the same way and give results =

1 Like

I honestly disagree but always have the option not to play

1 Like

Sorry, but I do not speak Spanish.

Perhaps the math in this post would help:

(Damage Calculation - #13 by SolemnWolf)

1 Like

Don’t 4* mana troops increase HoT?

DoT is still just a % of attack, it’s just worded different which could very well be seen as an error i guess.

Troops and emblems do modify the DoT, which you do seem to understand and in battle attack buffs do not modify the DoT which you also understand.

Guess what I’m sayin is, you get the way these things work and have worked for a long time.

Anyway you could summarize a bit better what you believe to be the problem?

3 Likes

you are not understanding the problem.
the damage calculator example is perfect but does not apply in this report.

has two types of heroes with special powers
A) those that generate a percentage damage
B) those that have a fixed damage that does not vary and is already established.

I do not know if the mathematics or the word fixed sincerely will have another meaning but when something does not change at least in my knowledge of the world it does not change.
it is not like the water of the hinodoros that according to the hemisphere runs for a different side to the other.

We talk about heroes like blad and all those who have a fixed attack power and NOT%

1 Like

as I explained before if what you say was correct and not an error.
Why doesn’t the same apply to healing, mana regeneration and others?

1 Like

a hero has the calculation which is a percentage of the attack power (in this case it has a variable and it is perfect)

Other heroes have an established power that does not depend on the variable of the attack power (that is, this power is not variable, it is fixed and does not change; however, in the game it is taken as the power of% and it changes and that is a mistake )

Are you referring to the Damage Over Time damage like burning?

That originally was a fixed number, but HotM Natalya caused a design change:

(Understanding DoT (Damage over Time) - #46 by Gryphonknight)

Empires does suffer from a lack of transparency in damage, summoning, Hero XP, camps, defense and war.

2 Likes

if Natalya falls into the fixed damage category but the problem well from long before Natalya entered the game in January 2018 but the problem arises in the introduction of the first event in marlovia in August 2017 with the introduction of vlad

1 Like

If you read the beginning of the post to which you refer and read mine. It is very simple to realize that the post where they try to explain the damage of the dot is inconsistent and forcibly tries to adjust the explanation to what they know without giving more evidence than their word that this is so (sorry if it sounds abrupt it is not with Animosity to offend.In fact I thank this person who took the trouble to do such an incredible post for the moment the explanation was excellent but with the findings in the game much of the logic does not fit in reality)

in the original quote of the text this person says that the troops do not modify the dot and that the final number is not increased.
He also says that this change was introduced with the updating of the talent network. which shows that this theory is not correct and that it tries to force the understanding of what happens in the hero without knowing why

as the vlad video shows, it has been since 2017 and is affected without having a talent network
the fixed dot of vlad is affected without reaching the maximum of its special power
and the troops are the cause of this effect

if you follow the comment thread
Until August 2017, there were no heroes with any other special power that is not expressed as a percentage of damage, which has a variable formula.
when introducing the new heroes of marlovia and changing the hero card they come to have a power from a variable value to a fixed value which is designed by many people but after all it is the programmer who has to dump the changes in the game code. And the latter does what they ask, if for many making the change is obvious to a programmer who only programs and is not involved in the game, it is not obvious.
Then he tells the programmer that he has to introduce the change in the game that a hero has, that power is no longer a percentage variable but rather a fixed value.

• The programmer changes this but forgets to change the other part of the equation where when entering battle he adds the power of the troop and takes out the percentage and calculates the damage.
    This is what I’m sure happened and you didn’t realize this.
    since when they later introduced the costumes and changed the card of a hero of a variable value, it has fixed in the case of the healers this time the change was made correctly so that the same does not happen in healers.

the problem is that there is no official statement from empires about this.
with the introduction of the value network the only thing they did was add code to the code that was already in 2017 with the undetected error in which part the error is generated in fact we all remember the difficulty they had with the implementation of the changes of the talent network.
and even the explanation of the talents continues to pass the error in a very shameless way.

then I return to the topic:

• they don’t want to recognize the error and fix it
  • they did not know of its existence
  • if it is not an error because they continue to explain the cards and the talent network and all the rest badly (which suggests that this error should not exist)
    -if it is not a mistake because the same does not apply to healers and other heroes

the problem is that none of the explanations they give or what they intend to give does not fit and the company does not give an official word about it

1 Like

I’d just point out that the quoted section discusses buffs, not troops. Troops is discussed later.

Does this explain what you are seeing? I’ll admit, I’m having a hard time following.

1 Like

understands the post but is defending without explaining something that is not right I will show my point of view from another perspective.

The past Wonderland (if I’m not mistaken) had a pain in the easy mode that where a level was repeated this showed a chip board repeated one above the other.
Now let’s imagine that this is not corrected and each year is the same.
I open a post saying that I ran into this error and everyone says no, the event of wonders works like this.
to which I reply it is logical not to
but the rest keep saying it is so
I reply:
A) and if so why doesn’t it happen in all phases.
B) why doesn’t it happen with all the other events …
c) why it doesn’t happen the first time you enter the level …

the same is happening here
How the increase in the power of the hero and the dot occurs I have it very clear that I already know and no explanation is necessary.
now this does not stop presenting the same questions that I put above
A) and if so why doesn’t it happen with life, defense and mana
B) why does not it happen with the power in the masquerade
C) why it says fixed calculation and then ends up being variable

if you see this a math teacher disapproves of you
if we pose a linear problem and the factors are fixed numbers in non-variable form
the solution will never be to take them to a variable form after solving the variable and in the end getting the answer is very crazy

I mean I program the math schrödinger
because it is the only way to understand it
following the logic of the game and with the reading comprehension given by the hero’s letter to the troops and the talent network

1 Like

I wont say I fully understand but between your post and the video showing the Vlad stat’ anomaly I assume you mean that this applies across the board? Because I just checked two of my damage over time heroes and I have some strange numbers.

Colen @ 3:60
605, 446, 908; 180% to all and 270 damage to all over 6 turns.

In the fight equipped with a lvl 11 mana troop +20% attack, +13% defense, 15% healing bonus and 9% mana boost I get:
689, 526, 953; 180% to all and 312 dmg over 6 turns which is only a 12% increase in attack a 15.2% increase in defense and a 4.72% increase in health (the sum of which is equal to the claimed attack/ defense stats of the troop; which makes some sense). The value of the increase in damage over time is 13.4%; more than the increase in attack oddly. I would just assume that given that any normal attack can be weak neutral or strong and special attacks variable (including set damage over time which is clearly a function of the hero at any given level).

I don’t see an issue really.

in the game it has 2 classes of special attack powers which are differentiated by the following
A) heroes with attack percentage which varies according to the hero’s attack power and everything that can increase or modify it
(this is clear to me, there is no problem here)

B) heroes that have a special power that is an integer which is already predestined by the game according to the hero’s power level and which is not affected by the variation of the hero’s attack power increase and everything that could increase it.
HERE IS THE ERROR !!!

you wrote the hero’s letter and put that it has a fixed attack that does not change or is affected by the attack enhancement by troops or talent network (since it is the big difference with the heroes that are in example A)
However, I sent you a video demonstrating that these heroes follow the same pattern and, furthermore, the fixed attack values ​​of the special power shown in the hero card are modified. This creates confusion for the different form of power and explanation of the whole game on how it works.

1 Like