Sergei reduce the damage increasing of Wu Kong's buff

I am not sure if this work as intent or not.

When you have both Sergei’s Atk buff and Wu Kong’s buff, Sergei’s Atk buff reduce the damage increasing of Wu Kong’s buff to +160%. And you still get miss from Wu Kong’s buff as usual.

1 Like

I would say that’s normal given that Sergei’s card specifically limits normal attacks to +160% when stacking. I don’t know why you would want to combine both together as it seems to be counter-productive with Wu Kong’s misses. Just costume Rigard and Sergei together will give you +148% with no misses.

4 Likes

In fact, I use Sergei for elemental defense down but sometime the big cascade charge him to x2.

I just found that his x2 charge actually make everything worse when I have Wu Kong buff. I am not sure if that work as intent or not since I never seen buff that make everything worse before. At least, Sergei buff shouldn’t do anything.

Moreover, Sergei’s Atk buff actually work with +100% Atk in Mystic Titan extreme battle mode. (That mean Sergei doesn’t limits normal attacks to +160%.) So, if his buff doesn’t work with Wu Kong buff, why Sergei’s Atk buff work with +100% Atk in extreme battle mode ?

Mythic titan is different the extra 100% in extreme doesn’t impact any other buffs etc. Easiest way to think of it is like a tower blessing.

For the Sergei/Wu it can get confusing as there is overlap on the tiles where they combine, but can’t go higher than 160% however due to Wu the tiles can then miss.

Whereas for specials Sergei does not affect so there you get full Wu bonus with chance to miss.

2 Likes

Ok. I wonder if the tower’s Atk stack or Mirewave’s Atk stack work with Sergei’s Atk buff or not. As Mirewave’s Atk stack actually give +20% Atk in buff booster. Maybe, I will test it in the next tower. If yes, it will be inconsistent since the Atk stack give +20% Atk in buff booster but work with Sergei’s Atk buff.

Normally, my alliance attack 11* - 13* titan. Without mana pot, it is very unlikely for Sergei to use both x1 and x2 charge before he die. That is why I bring Wu Kong. So, now, it is kind of sad when I get x2 Sergei charge. You can’t choose x1 charge when you get x2. It is kind of too many purple tile :joy:.

For the boosts you mention in tower they are icons on the hero. For mythic titan there is no icon just background boost in the same way as if you pick the crit or mana blessings there is no icon.

1 Like

I just test the Springvale Family + C Rigard’s buff + Sergei’s Atk buff.

My Master Lepus 1/1 have 470 base Atk.

• (Left) With only the family bonus (x3 unique heroes), he get 470 x 20% = +94 Atk.
  • (Center) With the family bonus and C Rigard’s buff, he get 470 x 68% = +319 Atk.
  • (Right) With the family bonus, C Rigard’s buff and Sergei’s Atk buff, he get 470 x 160% = +752 Atk. It still limit at +160%. If he really get +168%, he should get 470 x 168% = +789 Atk.

Now, I am not sure if other “background boost” really work with Sergei’s Atk buff or not.

I have both Sergei and miki for yellow titans.

When Sergei reaches 2x from a cascade, I need to time his 2x activation, followed by Miki so that I get the 130% damage.

End up having to mana Sergei up to 1x sometimes.

1 Like

Sergei’s Atk buff and Miki’s Atk buff seem to overwrite each other instead of stack. That is why you have to use Sergei first.

But that is different from Wu Kong’s buff which do stack with Sergei’s Atk buff but make everything worse instead.

I tested that with my Mireweave, Bertulf and Brienne.
First I tried to shoot Mireweave as many times as possible. 6 times was enough to give her extra 60% and then I shot Brienne and waited until it was charged up to 145%.
145% + 60% = 205% and that gave my Mireweave 1078 + 2209 = 3287 AT.
Then I shot Bertulf and her attack dropped to 1078 + 1724 = 2802 AT.

1 Like

They do. Sergei and Miki’s boost cannot stack. Same icon. Activation is crucial every time I face yellow titan.

I end up using red banner sometimes for extra attack boost, if I can time then both nicely.

1 Like

I believe the “Normal attack increase” buff of all heroes that have it - Miki, Bertulf, Sergei, Tarlak, cWilbur, etc - occupies the same data slot as Wu Kong’s special attack increase, which is why the second buff overwrites the first one. I have encountered the same issue when using together Wu Kong and Bertulf. Bottom line - don’t use any of those combined together, use them separately.

1 Like

So, I think the tower stack will be like this as well :joy:.

Now the question is “Do +100% Atk in Mystic Titan extreme battle mode really stack with Sergei’s Atk buff or limit at +160% ?

I didn’t pay attention when use him in Mystic Titan event. It might be only at max +160%.

As @Saros said, Sergei’s card specifically states that it stacks with normal attack increase (like cRigard, Kiril, etc), but because it uses the same attack buff slot as those other heroes (stacking attack), it will overwrite. Wu Kong’s special uses a different icon so it will stack.
Mystic Titan bonus isn’t a “Normal” attack increase, so it should stack.
I have Sergei and use him in place of Wu Kong everywhere outside of purple titans. It is indeed tricky to get him to use the EDD. But usually, once all my purples are charged, I’ll top him up with mana pots, then fire him, and then use mana pots to charge 1x.

1 Like

Do you have a picture that prove that the Mystic Titan bonus stack with Sergei’s Atk buff without limit at +160% ?

As I show you, Springvale Family bonus and Mireweave’s stack are limit at 160%. It is possible that Mystic Titan bonus are also limit at 160% as well.

Honestly, no, because I never take those types of pictures. Maybe someone else can.

1 Like

@PlayForFun Could you contact staff about this bug ?

Ok, I have sent a message to Staff, where I have asked them to look at this.

1 Like

Thank you for the report, we’ll investigate this here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.