September's hero of the month?

I know it’s early but is there any word on September’s hero of the month? Also is season 2 in beta yet it’s supposed to come out in September I thought so I figured it be in beta by now

1 Like

grafik

Found on:

Seen on beta. As next HOTM should be yellow don’t mind the “August hero”. Seems beta is one month in advance…but who knows :wink:

That is the August hero of the month he should be here in a couple of days I was wondering if anyone on beta at the next one September

If the video I just saw can be believed this is the hero of the month for September.

[edited; see below]

1 Like

Per SG:

“We ask all beta testers to not share any of the beta content outside of the beta lounge and beta app without our permission. Any beta content that is posted in the other categories of the forum will be removed.”

try this and scroll down

1 Like

Why people are disallowed to share beta content? Why? Please do not give me an answer - beta in current stage is actually alfa etc… that is not the real reason. Reason is simple - spend huge money now. With new season previous heroes will be kind of crap and then spend even more money (Atlantis summons).

SG doesn’t understand one thing, Season 2 they can not sell as separate product. It is just expansion to current game and not new product like for example NBA 2K series. People invested lot of money and time. For what? Greediness will kill this game. Sad but truth.

How can other members see if the permission is given then? When I see beta content shared I am in good faith that this was agreed by SG, right?
So I have no prob to share it as well.
If not shall I flag every post refering to beta content? What shall we do??
Its a dilemma for the others :sob:

SG allowed it until recently when they explicitly said NOT to post beta info without their permission. This was a recent change, so don’t assume it’s ok anymore. And this beta has had a lot of changes already and content that was posted is out of date.

1 Like

It is only forbidden to share beta content of Season 2. And only on this forum, nowhere else…
HotM are not Season 2 content.

1 Like

Ok could you share newest changes somewhere else? Or maybe you know who is sharing? I think we have rights to know what is happening. It is not fair that some players (mostly top players) and alliances have information but we other don’t have. Being in beta is huge advantage. They trying out new things, heroes and in main account they are using this information without making stupid mistakes. The rest of us have to do things without trials. I see beta testers as some kind of cheaters. They are not but I see them as cheaters. Just my opinion.

Cheaters? Because they volunteer their time to playtest new content? They don’t get to keep anything they playtest. The accounts are totally separate.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.

1 Like

While its possible that SG are thinking of their wallets, its still a smart move to limit beta info to all because unfortunately, some people get carried away and forget that it is beta.

Already, thanks to leaked content, ive seen posts of “oh my god I’m quitting, i cant believe this was changed, why is the hero card different from last week, e.t.c.” Im not saying thats all people but there are some. The whole point of having a beta program is to sample player reaction to new content and changes, while making it clear that this is NOT the final product. That way huge mistakes can be corrected and bad products altered without the drama of announcing it to the masses. Beta testers don’t receive any in game perks, no gems, and they test for free to try and improve the game FOR ALL.

3 Likes

Volunteers :smiley: Volunteers are more than beta has spots. Maybe some “poor beta volunteer” want to give me his/her spot? Anybody? I know the answer, 0 offers.

We all are curious, we all want to know what is going on. Especially these who are spending big money. I don’t say that big spenders deserve more. Difference is that big spenders have to plan much more than F2P. For example, I spent almost 400 € for Panther. Didn’t get her. After came out news about season 2, I still could try to get Panther but definitely for much smaller investment. I wanted to spend more money to get Guinevere or in worst case Arthur. Now I know about season 2, course I still will spend my current 14 k diamonds but no more.

The answer is “because SG directly said so” here:

I believe for the reasons already succinctly given here:

September's hero of the month? - #9 by sleeperZ96BT

Your posts kinda prove the point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It certainly does not bring a huge advantage - the only MINOR advantage is to maybe get to try the events before everyone else. And even then they may change what makes it into production, and even then it is only one cycle.

In the current iteration of beta there is literally no advantage to being in beta…who cares if we get to test new heroes or the season two levels? Most won’t have them in real life and there’s not reward to complete season two fastest, lol. Plus once it goes live the beta testers always post up on who to get.

My final thought is that 99% of companies don’t share ANY info about upcoming releases in advance, and the general forum population has been extremely lucky that they are only clamping down now. How do you expect a company to release good playable content if beta doesn’t exist anyways? Someone needs to test it and who better than actual players?

The rule, by the way, is that you have to get approval now from SGG, not that you can’t post ANYTHING. So folks in beta can request to post information (like Dante’s alliance war primer), get approval, and then post up. Just a better managed process now.

3 Likes

I’m a alpha/beta tester IRL (Not for SG, but give me a call If there’s ever a spot open :wink: ). Our company has the same basic rules for products still in testing: 1. Never share screenshots. 2. Speak in generalizations.

This isn’t to give someone an edge or to make more $$. It is 100% due to what has been mentioned here - things change. When something changes, gets delayed to the next release, etc. users don’t have a preconceived idea before the product is released. This avoids a lot of confusion and frustration in the long run.

I do understand the frustration of not getting the same information as the beta testers as I had the same frustrations until I got on this side of the programs and realized how many changes were done before the final product was released :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is a ridiculous statement on Beta testing. I have done Alpha and Beta testing for dozens of video games and outside of some early closed Alpha for Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm , never been subject to any type of NDA or forum restriction. The whole point of a beta test is public disclosure to your player base. Its a time to report bugs and the state of balance in raids and other encounters/events. Its the player bases oppurunity to share meaningful feedback. This secretive stuff is smacks of a pure P2W scenario and the lack of transparency from SG is disturbing from the perspective of everyone from the hardcore to the casual.

1 Like

Until something is tested, and altered based on feedback, there’s nothing meaningful to share that won’t create confusion/wrongful expectation among the player base.

Based on your post, you should know that.

Rook, you keep repeating yourself over and over. Of course we understand that beta is not a final version, we just want to know how new players are going to look - tank, striker, healer, special skills. We want to know about type of hero.

I have Lianna and Gregorion, was thinking who to fully ascend (currently have 9 tonics). But then I saw green Wu Kong from beta. Course that hero is not a final version but be honest he will be best green hero in game anyway. So I can ascend Lianna or Gregorion (good heroes) but better is to wait and try to get that green Wu Kong Tarlmak or what is his name.

Business not business but here we talk about important decisions. And nobody can convince that beta testers have no advantage. They have and I think it is not fair. Beta testers are also players in main game and every extra information gives advantage. Smaller or bigger but definitely advantage.