šŸŽ­ [September 21, 2020] Costume Event ā€“ The Masquerade ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

Had been saving up keys. Skipped last month due to featured heroes not good for me. Not happy about this monthā€™s featured heroes either. Had only gotten half the 4* and no 5*. Ten pull got me Kasshrek. Then I pulled with keys until getting Rigard. Will wait now for a desirable combination of featured heroes and HOTM. Overall, costume chamber has been poor for me. But all summoning portals have been poor for me except the monthly events.

2 Likes

That said, how about having 2 portals: one for heros+costume, the other just for costumes (with better odds)? :joy:

3 Likes

Had some Keys saved up from last month left over and in-between. Isnā€™t it amazing how except for the quest rewards, and specific chest (elemental), and purchasing the keys deal, I havenā€™t seen a random key loot drop by the MV / Chests during the event? And as soon as the event is over, I start seeing the occasional key drops in MV or regular monster chests. Coincidence, or they were programmed that way?

Any way, first key pull in the morning got me Pete Nocchio Groot, kind of a head-scratcherā€¦ On the one hand it is my second costume 5*, on the other hand, not so sure what to make of him since I donā€™t see too much difference between regular and costumed, and I was really, really hoping for Work-out Ricardo since he was the other featured and I am still missing him in the S1 roster. That 50% swing sure makes one wonder.

Second pull was costumed Prisca, dupe.

I have already finished the event, will get to my other 2 pulls later.

1 Like

You only need one copy of the costume, but you will have to level it up for every hero you want to use it on.

1 Like

I personally think Melendor costume is very useful. I have two maxed myself for war and tavern.

Caedmon costume I have yet to get. I would level up two myself. Five might be too many.

3 Likes

just last few days i went into war, i faced with melendor and thats the only hero left, i just brought scarlett and he just kept alive , really pain in the ā– ā– ā–  ā€¦for caedmon i just saw some players wanna do mono team , thats why i also wanna try itā€¦

2 Likes

Yea. Melendor costumeā€™s healing over time + defense buff is really useful. I personally would say heā€™s as good as Rigard costume, except Rigard costume gives attack buff.

2 Likes

Was hoping it would be Joon/Isarnia featured as I donā€™t care for Richard or Horghall. Did 10 key pulls anyways since I donā€™t have Bai Yeong yet. Got Skittle and Kashhrek which were new.

Canā€™t believe I still donā€™t have BT and Caedmon costumeā€¦ :sleepy: Feelsbad blowing all these keys Iā€™ve saved up and not getting anything worthwhile. I got a lot of greens in queue to be leveled but Iā€™ll probably still level Skittleā€™s costume eventually for tile dmg since my greens suck on titans. And I might finally ascend Kashhrek, who has been at 3/60 forever, to 4/1 and then max the costume.

Got like ~1300 Valhalla coins for next week which will probably be my last shot at Bai Yeong.

edit: oh wait i got 17 gloves but 0 compasses so Kashhrek will probably have to wait a long time.

2 Likes

I got the Little John costume, which I didnā€™t have before.

Not a bad haul overall. Probably my best Masquerade draws so far.

Well, the bad news was I lost my bet: no Quintus. The better news is that I didnā€™t get Horghall either (I already have the tree but his costume is depressingly fugly). The good news is that my very first summon this morning was Sartana! That makes me happy. Had 11 coins going in, bought the 15, out of the 5 summons I also got Kasshrek, who (like the one belonging to @B1gHeadAss above) had been loitering mournfully at 3.60 and who I promised Iā€™d max out if I ever got his costume (because letā€™s face it, without his costume the lizard is distinctly lacking in What It Takes).

Then I did the event - in about 15 mins, didnā€™t even consult the stage listing here, just used my farming team for the first four and the world conquering yurple outfit of Seshat, Jackal, Rigard, Malosi and Proteus for the rest, plus a couple of time stops and a couple of dragon attacks to smooth things along - and with one of the two summons that enabled I got Richard as well. So at last I have not one but two Legendary costumes, and although not the best ones, certainly not the worst. And Sartanaā€™s looks damnā€™ cool.

Felt lucky, and saw the chest at 6/10, so my fingers started to twitch over the gem summon button, but figured Iā€™d probably get more Bai Yeongs and it would be better to save for another month. Not that I have anything against Bai Yeong, but I have two already and there is still Valhalla to comeā€¦

4 Likes

@Pagan1 Each Hero gets their own copy of the costume so each can choose to wear it or not.

So if you did have 3 Joons (lucky you :smiley:) and a costume you could have a team with none in costume, just 1 or 2 in costume or all 3 in costume.

Note that in the Trials of ā€¦ events your Hero will only be eligible if they are wearing the correct costume.

Good luck summoning Joon, I need him too :smiley:

1 Like

@Slobix The original portal WAS costume only!

People complained they were getting 5-star costumes they couldnā€™t use because they didnā€™t have the hero.

Guess thereā€™s probably people out there still in this situation.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard about it, yes. If the odds were the same as now to get just a costume, itā€™s pretty bad.

On the other hand, if you stay in game long enough, you will probably have all S1 heros. They are everywhere, including TC20. So, if someone offers me a costume without a hero at greater chance then now, I would say - yes sir! Sooner or later Iā€™ll get the heros chasing something else or running TC20. Costumes? Not unless you summon hard. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

1st alt lucked out and got costumed Richard on a key pull. Very happy because my blues on that profile are building and having an attack down for the lass quests with barbarians are very useful to have.

3 Likes

This team to complete the run, I had to some items to ensure my success.

I had 11 keys from farming adding the 10 farmed I had 4 summons:

Brienne (Already had her) Carver, Prisca: Have both heroes maxed, but not the costume (they will have to wait very long) and Caedmon I just summoned him at TOL and the costume will be quite useful since he will be my first cleanser.

So not bad for me. Sadly LJ and his Costume ate most of my sturdy shield IĀ“ll need 2 more to level both costume and normal.

4 Likes

meh why feature horghall and richard? who wants to spend $$$ against that. even using the free keys is discouragingā€¦

any idea if we see lianna or magni or domitia return in the next few months?

1 Like

You donā€™t need 5 of either, I think 4x Caedmon and 2x Melendor is probably enough. Iā€™ve already maxed 3x Caedmon+c (one at +18, others no emblems) and working on my 4th, but only have one cMel but it hasnā€™t been an issue for war.

7 summons, last was Horghall. Though Anchorā€™s site doesnā€™t put him that low, B+ is kinda okayish, and -54% attack per 6 rounds doesnā€™t hurt either. Slow speed and lowish defense, could be solved by emblems. Now if I had not Heimdallā€¦

• Are Costumes worth Summoning for? - some of them

• Which Heroes and Costumes did you get, and how will you use them?

25 keys - 5 summons - the usual ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  pulls.

1st pull - friar tuck (5th time i get it )
2nd pull - renfeld ( 6th time i get it )
3rd - pull - Bane - I guessed it before I pulled ( 6th time i get it ) -
4th pull - tyrum ( 5th time i get it )
5th pull - renfeld ( again )
6th pull - 350 gems - kiril ( seems decent, but Rigard is much better )
7th pull - 350 gems - Prisca (already had it twice )
8th pull - 350 gems - Azar ( already had it twice )

Not gonna pull more, it`s useless. Even those 3 stars are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

1 Like

Lucky day

11 Likes