September 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

I’m really excited about the Neith buff. I often pair her with an emblemed Li Xiu for a mana cut team, and the buff to Neith’s mana cut will just make the team that much more effective.

I also have JF and he mostly sees use on emblem trial teams, but the buff is certainly appreciated.

The nerfs don’t really effect me because I’m not playing in the upper ranks so I don’t face those defenses. I also don’t have those heroes. I did pull 2 4 star Kingdom heroes, but I haven’t gotten them leveled yet and didn’t really have any plans for how I was going to use them. So the nerf to the family bonus didn’t throw any monkey wrenches into any of my plans

4 Likes

Obvious reason is obvious. Hawthorn was only a notch better than xnol as a tank, you had to nerf xnol to make difference bigger in a sad attempt to make people spend more for your most expensive summon so far

3 Likes

So you gave players a chance to summon for OP Xnolphod one more time, right before the ether quest, then you give them time to ascend and Break him and Boooom nerf him down and give him a useless healbuff and make his Mana boost nearly useless for slow heroes.

So the mats are wasted and the few who got him are mad…

And then you decided to nerf the one Kingdom heroe - Zhuage - who actually needed a buff. While you nerf down the family, which was necessary, you really thought He was to strong?

The buffs for neith and JF are actually good, salmon Loki is still a useless hero for an attacking team and will always be If you don’t change his Skill…

Well, at least i didnt pull for the Kingdom heroes but had the luck to get Xnol and now I wasted all the mats on him.

15% Mana would have been OK, 10% makes him nearly useless

18 Likes

Veryyy happy to hear about the JF buff! :smiley: Will definitely use him more again!

2 Likes

Personally, I am disgusted both with the W3K nerf and to a lesser extent Xnol nerf. It also reaffirms my decision to go C2P with this game.

The W3K nerf is as close as you can get to a bait n’ switch. They buffed the family bonus, waited 3 months, and then conveniently after the W3K portal has passed, they nerfed them. And to be clear, the W3K was already making its rounds on the leaderboard for the last 2 months, so this is not something they didn’t know about. So they allowed the whales to drop roughly $3-4k to assemble this defence, max and LB them then nerf them 2 weeks later. This defence requires super rare heroes like double Liu Bei (0.15% chance of getting one) so even the biggest, whaliest alliance do not have 30 of these defences.

On the Xnol nerf… your explanation was rambling on a bit, so I have helped you by summarizing it up in 2 sentences.

34 Likes

Man, they said just wanted to bring more fresh air to the game by taken down long time supperior hero :slight_smile: . And they also mean: go and buy other shining new hero. They will not touch Khufu until seeing enough crying and after got enough milking.

2 Likes

It’s one thing to have a hobby and enjoy spending on it. It’s another thing that when you do spend on it, they bait and switch giving you something different than what you paid for. SG is unethical.

17 Likes

Wow, I just read their explanation of Xnolphod and though I have him and agreed that he was too powerful, the fact that they admitted to nerfing him because the newer heroes are not surpassing him is disgusting. Instead of nerfing him because he’s too powerful, they are nerfing him so that we use the newer heroes that aren’t nearly as good/powerful, but are harder/more expensive to obtain. They need to buff older heroes at a swifter pace as well.

20 Likes

Your thinking and my buddy’s query got my cynical mind going.

Is this part of Zynga/SGG’s plans to “force” at least top 100 alliance players to level rainbow sets for Magic/Styx? As part of their revenue strategy, if player adamantly refuses to stop using Xnolphod ?

Hawthorn was featured in one portal for few days, he cannot replace years old hero widely because of that. He was already better than xnol imo, but not by much. Which is why they had to make difference more obvious to milk more €€€ from covenant portal

2 Likes
  1. Nelth doesn’t need a buff as her mana cut was already terribly annoying.

Mana control is the most powerful thing in the game and here you go introducing yet another problem. Didn’t you learn from C Alasie and Xnolphod??? Stop adding these stupidly powerful mana boosts and cuts!!!

Coming soon to a defense near you: double Nelth and double C Alasie. Enjoy.

1. Not nerfing Khufu shows that you don’t care about actual balance. There is no way your metrics don’t show how dominant he is. You choose to not nerf him because he’s still fairly new and you want the continued $$ from that portal.

2. S5 family bonuses and passives need a nerf. When a passive does what an entire hero used to do (eg Elizabeth’s -24% mana reduction) you know you went overboard.

9 Likes

ahh man I’m literally working on a w3k defence with Xnolph tank!
sure, it will still be a good defence but these nerfs really hurt my confidence and dedication to the game. this may be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me

3 Likes

Thanks for ruining all of our war tanks. As per usual, you guys are doing too much. Way to suck.

It’s official. Xnolphod no longer boosts Ludwig mana quickly enough to synergize well enough. He needs 11 tiles now instead of 9, plus Xnolphod.

2 Likes

Jean Francoise is not stronger. 453 burn damage -

2 Likes

What an insane admission on Xnol. “We will nerf good heroes to force you to buy the new crappier heroes.”

Welcome to the cycle of “your hero is only good until it becomes apparent they’re good enough that you don’t need to give us more money.”

People should be leaving in droves.

11 Likes

JF makes no sense now

@Petri I normally don’t tag you, but as you can see the damage is too low, and there’s a contradictory 4 vs 5 turns

1 Like

“If your hero is good enough that you’re satisfied, we will nerf him until you spend again.”

Just pathetic.

12 Likes

The season 5 metrics is mainly driven by the dollars not game stats. Once s6 starts the nerfs will come.

1 Like

and there were 552 damages over 3 turns in SG information, so something went wrong.

1 Like