September 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

Sigh… In your balance updates you really need to seriously consider two things:

1. Not everyone will get the ‘newest kid on the block’ hero whenever they appear in the portal for the first time. Not with these odds you have! Not even all the heavy spenders!
  2. Not everyone who gets the "newest kid on the block’ hero will immediately have all the ascension mats, emblems and limit break materials to max them enough to place in their defense

You basically made all those buff & nerfs decisions too fast after the release, before you even let the players have enough time to pull, max, try and play with these heroes. So sorry but now these “we don’t know how it happened” really don’t sound too well. Shame on you.

I won’t comment on the Kingdom Family changes specifically and the heroes - I completely ignore their existence in the game; I can’t remember these names, these faces and I really don’t enjoy minions which seems to be the core of this family.

As for Xnolphod nerf, it should have come months ago to be able to defend it. Now what I see is “all those new purple tanks do not sell too well because everyone is still using Xnolphod”. Somehow him being too powerful wasn’t bothering you when he was the face of the ‘new kids on the block’ offers, despite players telling you so for months.

Buffs:

Neith - fine, though nothing groundbreaking. I don’t think she was top on the list of heroes who needed a buff, but happy for her.

JF - very good buff for long forgotten hero. All the old DoT heroes should get some love - JF wasn’t really the worst of them, but well, happy for him. Too bad there are so many good red heroes these days I hardly see him back to my deck.

Thoth-Amun - he’s now better than many newer HotMs with the family changes and now this significant damage buff. But well, he still looks like a joke when you place him next to heroes like C Guardian Panther or Bastet, so I guess that’s fine.

Salmon Loki - I liked this hero after his last buff already, and I think people still make fun of him as they got used to do that after terrible stats on launch. I don’t think many actually have or faced Salmon Loki, but I got obliterated by him as if my best heroes were nothing. This buff was unnecessary and I think was done under pressure that wasn’t exactly rational.

Red Hood - I still think the heal done by minions is too little for how unreliable it is and something further should be done about it

Fingers crossed for other older heroes to see some love. Natalya, Morgan Le Fay, Misandra, Guardian Owl… The list is long :slight_smile:

10 Likes