šŸ» [September 17, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

Ugh, Microsoft browsers! I wonā€™t have access to edge for a while, but I will look at this when I can!

FYI drag/drop shooooould work on mobile, although sometimes itā€™s iffy.

1 Like

I havenā€™t been able to get it to ever work with G.Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S9.

But I also donā€™t try very oftenā€¦ Just use the computer then have the mobile for viewing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tried this lineup for Stage 5:

Worked pretty well, although I had to use all 5 Healing Potions. Nordri was, as you can imagine, the primary damage dealer; if he had been maxed, Iā€™d have used fewer potions, and would not have had to resurrect him.
Renfeld (Surgeon) is amazing at near-permanent Mana suppression! With two mana drainers in support, this boss group never fired a single special.

1 Like

Iā€™m slightly disappointed this time round, ToL is usually my favourite monthly event but the boss stage combos especially near the end didnā€™t really have enough firepower to make it challenging. 2 healers plus a low damage hit all meant no fear in firing tiles and setting off specials. Ho hum, always next time round.

Edit to include team used for last level:

I like ā€œTavernā€, because I have use for many of my heroes finally. And it is great to have chance get some good old hero of the month, but I hate I got only 3*. Lets do Tavern2 for 100 heroes and make some better rewards for old players :wink:

Here are the teams I completed each level with. Iā€™d say I find this to be the easiest ToL encountered so far.

Though I did fail an attempt at stage 7 with 3* heroes using the following team:

tav1

My hope was to cut and or stop their mana and slowly grind them down. The slash attack damage was higher than I expected and I made mistake that saw Natalya kill Hawkmoon which was the catalyst to my demise. Maybe Kailani or a blue team with Gunnar might be a better choice for next time.

Oh and this was my fully stacked Jarvur during stage 5 with level a 21 mana troop. 1216 attack stat on a 3* :joy:

jarver

1 Like

This is nice that you completed 6th stage with 3* heroes only. I donā€™t have many 4* heroes, so I wanted to use as many 3* as possible, but I thought that beating 6th stage with only 3* would be too difficult, I used a mixed team of 4* and 3* heroes.
7th stage I completed with C.Boldtusk, Scarlett, Li Xiu, Chao and Sonya. I canā€™t finish 8th stage because I ran out of good heroes. :slight_smile: Maybe next month.

2 Likes

Just clearing up to stage 7 is an achievement with a newer roster so well done! One thing you can try if your roster is still fairly small is to clear the first 2 stages with 2* feeder heroes or level 1 3* heroes you havenā€™t begun to level yet. This may allow you to stretch your roster a little further.

Up to stage 6 is beatable with an all 3* team in every ToL we have experienced to date. Some are more difficult then others and require a different approach in terms of team selection but each is doable. Attack debuffers and heroes that can control mana are really useful in the later stages (5-6), as are the spirit link heroes (Gunner, Kailani) if youā€™re concerned about snipers one hitting your 3*.

Stage 7 with a 3* team. Is it possible? With the right team and item use, I think so. Their health is just so much for a 3* attack power to whittle down that eventually something goes wrong and things sharply go south after that! Next month Iā€™ll try again though. I like the challenge that ToL presents, which is one reason why I run 3* teams until I have none left. Well, that and because I have a bunch of 3* heroes that donā€™t get a lot of regular use and itā€™s fun to test them.

5 Likes

Here are the teams I beat all the stages with on my main profile:

Stage 1: Renfeld +15, Ulmer +15, Valen +6, Clad +1, Gato +1

Stage 2: Thorne (lvl 1), C. Gunnar +16, Magni (lvl 1), Rigard, Balthazar.

Stage 3: Thorne #2, Grimm, Elkanen, Boril, Kadilen.

Stage 4: C. Hawkmoon +20, Namahage +15, Rudolph +2, Azar, Colen.

Stage 5: Magni #2, Nordri +20, Sonya #2, Hu Tao +1, Melia +18.

Stage 6: Ameonna, Tyrum +15, Gill-Ra +20, Mnesseus +20, regular Brienne +20.

Stage 7: Kelile +18, Sir Lancelot (was at 4-35 ish), Wilbur +10, Chao +10, Danzaburo.

Stage 8: Scarlett +3, Grimm +20, Sonya +11, Sumitomo +15, BT +2.

Stage 9: G. Jackal +13, Telluria, Li Xiu +18, Joon, Hansel +2.

Stage 10: Proteus +20, G. Panther, Melendor +15, Kingston +2, C. Rigard +8.

Really had to plan out what teams to use for this. I was shocked at how far I could take the 3 stars and severely underlevelled 5 star heroes. Makes me hopeful for farming this event to get coins for summons as I refuse to spend gems on this event.

I also couldnā€™t really lean into my mono teams as good this time around. As I have a good mono answer in every element on my main. I just went in either 3-2 stacks or 2-2-1.

EDIT: Also for those that are sitting on a bunch of 3 stars, donā€™t underestimate them. If you properly stack like I did, then with some smart play you can get past the stages. Just keep a very close eye on your heroā€™s health. And bring regular health potions along with the highest antidote because that is roughly 150 hp being healed on top of status ailment cleansing. Hope this helps. :+1::hugs:

2 Likes

finished with a win on each try. (not really sure about 1 and 2, but used unleveled 3/4/5ā€™s)
tol-sep-2 tol-sep-1

Hardest levels: 3 (because of the challenge) and 9 (this combo really did almost no damage, esp. after almur died. The bosses did not fire, but they do slash hardā€¦ used a few health and mono-potions). 10 was a breeze, with 1 timestop used, the bosses did not fire either. They gained mana really slow, I think last time was faster?

Last 2 sets of coins gave jahangir and scarlet, so nothing new (already eatenā€¦)

Passed it fully as usual. Got no new heroes.

Somebody in my guild got Mystzero, another person got HOTM & 3 past HOTM this month (they used coins, plus a 10 pull).

Maybe I will get someone useful from here at some point; I donā€™t even have all S1 5*.