🔵 [Sept 30, 2020] Trials of Shadows – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Shadows Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Puss in Boots, Brynhild Costumed Vivica & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions
4 Likes

This trial makes me so happy. A year ago I had garbage heroes for this event. Now after grinding I see the heroes I don’t use are great. Jackal +15, Brynhild +9, Almur +8, and maxed Sabina & Scarlett all not on my team. Seeing progress really makes you feel good

6 Likes

Should have been easy but couldn’t get yellow tiles AT ALL!! Lost one of the jackals, used mana and antidotes to kill bosses.

Emblems banked. Trainer to Jott. No reset emblem.

7 Likes

I had to use 4 mans pots. I stopped getting any tiles I needed. Otherwise easy with lady of the lake at 3/70

6 Likes

Same Team as last time, troops levelled and Scarlett got +20 after the first of the 3 trials. (With 895 attack, she would be ready for a costume!) The board was soso, but Sabina kept me in the game! All of the bosses took their chance to fire their special more than once, somehow the ladies proved sturdier than expected. Trainer to Magni, emblems stored for Marjana and I don’t have any hero for the sorcerer emblems - maybe some day I will make benched Quintus 1/1 a project.

7 Likes

This is a tricky one to me. I have the healing but overal i lack a little bit of damage. So the battle is long and i end needing at least to use healing pots.

The team

Ursena-Brynhild-Sabina-Scarlett-Kelile

Rogue emblems i will keep for now. Possible candidates: Brynhild or Sif. Or another incoming 5☆.

Sorcerer to Ursena. Anyone knows at what point should i stop Ursena(nowv+9) in order to start my other sorcerers? Almur and mitsuko.

Trainer goes for Skadi

7 Likes

Didn’t want to spend too much time on the bosses. Used all my Bomb + Dragon attacks and they were dead before I even started.

Emblems & trainer on bench.

P.S. did I mention how meh this trial is for me?! :pensive:

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change,… Kiril emblem now +14.
Other option…
2020-09-30_19-50-56

Battle

Decent start,… not all mana charged.

Clear, used 2x heal and 2x bear banner.

Reward

Socerer keep later for Ursena, Rogue keep for now, maybe for Brynhild. Trainer also keep for now.

It depend on needs and rosters, as for me,… I plan to continue until +20, because I can’t wait to use it with mana troop lvl 11. My current mana troop is only lvl 17, so to go jump to lvl 23 is too long to wait.
And other factor are my AW coordinate tank color is purple, and Ursena is my tank. And I do not have Mitsuko or any other good Socerer heroes, except Sabina.
So, I think in your case you have a choice… Ursena and Mitsuko both are great offense reflect, IMO if I were you I would split Ursena, Mitsuko and Almur.

6 Likes

Same team as last time, except Marjana is now maxed+4 (was 4/40), and kiril is up in emblems (because of the tournament) from +4 to +11

Used 3 bearbanners to turn the attack-down in attack-up, and 1 small-mana to charge c-kiril (he came out of the last mob-round at 80% mana).

trainer to kiril 2 (on his way to 4/70). emblems: sorcerer to almur, rogue for marjana when I have enough resources and emblems for the next tier.

5 Likes

Brought in Skittles Skulls CB for Kellie, the only change from the previous team.

After resetting emblems from Sabina, she turned out to be the weakest link, couldn’t save her from a single shot from Dom, from there she left a vacuum of the team-wide healing. Though no item used, thanks to Brynhild for holding her flanks till the end.

Trainer saved, emblems to Skittles and Brynhild.

6 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Skittleskull +18
  • Brynhild +15
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana 4^80

Since last time, I stripped emblems from Scarlett +11 and gave them to Brynhild. I think Brynhild is more broadly useful than Scarlett, who I only use on green titans for her high tile damage. Otherwise, this is the same crew as last time, and it works well.

I played the mob waves conservatively, since recharging Skittles in particular feels like it takes forever. The mobs don’t do that much damage anyway, so it wasn’t an issue. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a blue diamond on the board. Targeted Boss Skittleskull and, thanks to several red tiles, came :pinching_hand: this close to killing her before she fired, but not to be. Remembered to bring bear banners (cheaper to make) instead of antidotes to deal with the attack down. Boss Skittleskull went down, and I planned to go after Boss Scarlett next, but a wicked cascade did a number on Boss Domitia, so I didn’t look that gift horse in the mouth. Saving Scarlett for last works just as well. Only used a couple of bear banners to mitigate the inconvenience of attack down, and nobody died.

Rogue emblems will go to Brynhild once my food recovers from starting HA 9 research. Sorcerer emblems are piling up without a worthy candidate to give them to. Most likely will go to Quintus, but I plan to do some pulls in October for Gefjon, and if I were to land Almur in the attempt, then he would jump to the front for sorcerer emblems. Trainer hero to Raffale.

5 Likes

Same team as last time used a few antidote and time stops could of maybe used less. Danza done good no flakes :slightly_smiling_face:

Emblems in storage trainer to miki

4 Likes

Decent team.
No items.
None of the bosses cast.
Trainer for Almur.
Emblems in stock.

5 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

Same team as last time, used a few items to keep Kiril alive. This was my worst trial, might still be too, need to level more sorcerers and rogues. For now the overheal on this team usually gets me to the end alive though.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Master Lepus who just ascended to 3rd tier.

4 Likes

I brought Danzaburo +1 for no other reason than I could. Used him on stage 2 & 3, had a different team sans Danza for Stage 1. 5 specials: 4 flakes, 1 bottle :no_mouth: Some days …

:beers:

3 Likes

I used this team and used healing pots as my team is very weak with sabina 3/60 .

2 Likes