🔵 [Sept 16, 2020] Trials of Survival -- Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Survival Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its general lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• Or are you lucky enough to own Brynhild or Puss in Boots?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Survival Discussions
5 Likes

Usually, an easy one for me but I remember last time I was too arrogant and lost Grimm. I didn’t want to use any battle items lol.

Peters +7 / Miki / Brynhild +19 / Jott +17 / Grimm +15

5 Likes

Had the same team as last time:

Miki +18
Kage +3
Sif +9
Brynhild 4/70
Guardian Kong 4/80

Unfortunately Brynhild died quite early into boss round Stage 3 because enemies felt like targeting her only. In the end though Sif’s damage reduction and counter combo won it for me without using items, and Kong dispelled burn and attack decrease.

Emblems will go to Kage and Sif, trainer will go to Sumle.

4 Likes

Grimm almost died in wave 3 do I used 2 health pots on him

6 Likes

The last trial of my vanilla hero challenge. I was a little concerned because I had no healers on the team.

At the last boss stage, pre round setup of specials and boards crippled enemy Nashgar and Azlar. Played it safe and used mana pots to fire another full round of specials to kill Nashgar outright and bring Azlar’s health down very low. A decent board took care of the rest.

Scarlett died last and that’s a little personal victory ticked off!!

Thank you to @Muchacho @sleepyhead @Guvnor for the inspiration and an equally big thank you to everyone who liked my posts and encouraged me! You guys are awesome!

Too excited to check up on emblems and trainer at the moment so consider them banked! :joy: No reset emblem.

8 Likes

woot woot! and done with all 4*s, too! Amazing work @Circe ! some great planning and skill there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hard quest for me: i only have 5 heroes available, mostly unmaxed and unemblemed, with no healer. It’s the first time i try the hard stage and had to replay it (without spending gem) since first attempt i got easily crushed.

Domitia 4.60 - C. Li Xiu - Miki 3.70 - Gretel +10 - Gravemaker + 5 i think

I tried the first time bringing only healing potions, but it was useless. Half of them went to Li e Domitia during the mob waves (that Li Xiu is fragile like a panel of glass, half a hit and her life got halved), but the bosses killed my heroes even without firing their specials. I was almost one-shotted by regular attacks.
Second attempt and i brought some weaponry. Cannot say i nuked the bosses, let’s say it was half bombs/axes and half Gravemaker’s burns.
Even Miki’s attack boost was useless, i just had two terrible final boards.

But i made it. Emblems to Gravemaker and Domitia as soon as i manage to max her. Trainer to Domitia (i hope it’s one of the lasts, it’s becoming a neverending story, i started ages ago…)

7 Likes

Made some changes in the team, pulled out Kelile for Jott and rearranged Jott and Grimm around Brynhild

The battle didn’t go smoothly this time, first time lost a connection in the middle of the 3rd wave, and lost the great board with it…

Used some antidotes, minor healing and minor mana pots. Trainers saved, Barbarian emblems to Jott, rogues to Marjana.

6 Likes

2 Turn Boss Kill.
Easiest ever.

No reset.
Loot stored.

First time I used Jott.
500 damage each tile.
1k a crit one. Crazy…

11 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, same as before.
Other Option:
2020-09-16_19-05-35

Battle

Good start, with all mana charged, and blue diamond.

Very fast, because of blues diamond and defdown,… without items :+1:

Reward

Emblem keep both, Rogue maybe for Brynhild. Trainer keep in stock for now. Currently leveling 2nd Wilbur at 2nd tier.

9 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +18
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Grimm +16
  • Little John +20
  • Brynhild 4^70

Grimm is up 5 talents, but otherwise, I’m letting it ride with the same team from last time.

The mob waves went pleasantly well, as most of their damage seemed focused on Grimm, Brynhild, and Azlar, meaning I was able to heal it with Brynhild. That wasn’t the case last time. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and yellow (for clearing away junk) and blue diamonds on the board. The bosses flipped the script and went after LJ with their first three or four regular attacks, so I had to dig into the healing potions at first. Focused on Azlar with the first round of specials, but that blue diamond really put Nashgar in a world of hurt, so I switched to him when Domitia recharged and killed him. I think he fired once, but Brynhild’s special skill shield is super effective against it. Probably should have stayed with Azlar, though, as he fired with his dying breath, leaving three of my heroes in red health and forcing me to use an antidote. With two bosses off the board, though, I decided to just finish Scarlett without more items, since probably Grimm, Brynhild, and Azlar could eventually take her out. Ultimately, she distributed her attacks too much to kill anyone, and despite her dodging an Azlar special (grr), she went down without much trouble.

Emblems take Grimm to +17; like Gormek and LJ, I’ll probably take him all the way to +20, as those last two nodes will help his survivability, and he’s just now becoming fun to use because he doesn’t die so easily. I’m seriously considering stripping my Scarlett +10 and embleming Brynhild as far as I can to try her at tank (per this excellent thread by @JonahTheBard), but I’m a little low on food and iron, having finished HA 10 and trying to upgrade storages and perform the necessary research, so I’m just going to hold the rogue emblems for now. Trainer hero goes to my second Boldtusk, because I am seriously out of red projects.

7 Likes

Used some healing pots this time due to lack of healer

6 Likes

This went quite well only used a few healing and two time stops. Had a good boards on the end bosses danza swords twice and bottle which helped alot with the blind and getting that mana up easier than last time. Same team aswell mokar just leveled up more.

Everything in storage.

5 Likes

Didn’t bother much, nuked the bosses and easy win.

Trainer + emblems on bench.

5 Likes

This was my team. Only used a a couple of purple banners as a precaution at the end. Went through ok

5 Likes

Howdy all, been a while since I had time for one of these.

Here is the team:

I used a different team in the first two stages and then switched to this. I don’t have a healer option, so I did the all glass cannon team for fun to see how it went :+1:

Luckily most of the team is fast or very fast. That meant I could go nuts using specials on mobs. After the first round of mobs it got easier as once specials were charging and tiles were flying I got the heroes rolling.

I then made it to the bosses. I knew with this team if the bosses started shooting specials my experiment would be over quickly, and not in a good way :laughing:. That is where Gretel and mana pots came in. She is my best mana controller. I used a few pots as needed to be able to make sure bosses couldn’t fire. I think 3? By the end I had used 9/10 health pots. All bosses dead, all my heroes alive with none in the red. It was a fun one with this team.

Side note, rogue bosses evade far more often then my 18 & 20 talent rogue heroes. It was laughable how much Domitia did in the first 2 stages.

Congrats @Circe for completing the all vanilla challenge! I recommend it to everyone. It helps give perspective and shows how much you can do even if you don’t have Proteus and other “easy button” heroes!

@Noble_Weasel I have my Grimm at +18 attack path. He is sturdier but by no means a tank. If his health his high he can survive a special hit now though. Barbarian is a class I am deep in so I prioritized talents on other heroes over the final two nodes.

:beers:

10 Likes

Grimm - Brynhild - GM+12 - Malosi (4/61) - Scarlett

Switched in Malosi instead of 3/70 Margaret who I used last time. His special is kind of pointless tho here since you can use antidotes. I just didn’t want to use Margaret who is weak to the boss color.

Will have GM to +13 soon. Total of 860 rogue emblems stored (still don’t have a 5* rogue :unamused:). My Azlar is stuck at 2/60 since I ran out of compasses but have 15+ gloves. I guess red trainer going to 2nd Boldtusk instead. It’s either a 2nd BT, 2nd Scarlett, 2nd G.Falc, or Noor lol.

5 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

Swapped out G.Jackal for newly risen Miki at 3/70. First time using Miki and he seemed to do a pretty good job. With only Bryn healing nearby I had to use some health pots to keep some heroes alive. Will have to get used to using Miki more to get a feeling of when he can fire, but glad I finally leveled him. I may level PiB soon just to get some heal on this trial.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Tyr.

5 Likes

My team:

No items used.

The new emblems will go to Malosi and Domitia.

5 Likes