🔵 [Sept 09, 2020] Trials of Mysticism – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Mysticism Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions
4 Likes

My costume Quintus is getting closer to +20. :smile:

For me this has always been the game of patience. :joy:
The latest addition to the team of healers is Kashrek. Gonna put him in the middle to protect Almur, because his defence debuf will be crucial for me to make some serious dmg to bosses. Last time Grevle was in the team, but I had to use some battle items to go through.

4 Likes

This is my favorite trial, because I have a bunch of 5* wizards, even if I don’t have any 5* sorcerers. This team usually gets me through it without any battle items at all:

I may need to use a mana pot or two if I get a bad board, but that’s it. No changes from last time.

EDIT: Like I predicted, I had to use 1 mana pot to get past the final stage, after I got an extremely purple-poor board at first. Only needed the one, though.

I’ll have to give some thought to who will get the emblems (there’s a lot of competition, as you can see). I’ll save the trainer hero until I get a new blue hero who deserves it (nothing but dupes right now).

5 Likes

Hm, I dislike this one, as pretty much all my worthy sorcerers/wizards are dark except for Kiril. So I’m forced to take a purple 4-1 Stack against mainly purple mobs and 2 purples of 3 bosses. I even have to take Gil-Ra+19 on this one. Less than ideal. Will probably need all of these manaflasks and timestops…

5 Likes

Same team as before.

Again,…it was a protracted battle;, for this trial, I need good damage dealing heroes, not dark element , nature and holy would be suitable, not my favorite as it is.
3 mana pots and about 5 minor healing pots were used.
The sorcerers would go to skilttes, wizards’ to Hel
Trainer to Sartana 2.

5 Likes

cMel, cKiril, Proteus, Onatel, Lady Locke. This was the easiest trial I’ve ever had because I finally maxed Proteus. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s Wonderland.

4 Likes

Same team
Last time Ursena was +15
Sabina was +7

Thanos, right to the end

Screenshot_20200909-220935_Empires
Didnt even touch the Red and Yellow gems
Emblems saved, trainer saved

4 Likes

Took this skittles out zeline in tried to use a little items as possible just 2 small 1 medium mana pots.

Wizard to guin sorcerer in storage trainer to mok-arr

4 Likes

Easy with double proteus ( second one got from this month atlantis ) , no items

4 Likes

Hello.

I noticed something in the last stage.

Everytime quintus fired his special, all the buffs in my heroes were “cleaned”. I don’t see that in the talents of the hero. Can someone confirm that or explain this to me?

Thanks.

Continuing with vanilla hero challenge, this was the closest I’ve come to losing the boss stage. As I set up my team, my heart sank.

C. Viv, Kiril, Sabina, 3/70 C. Isarnia, 3/60 Skittleskull (unlevelled costume)

I knew I was going to be in trouble without a maxed hitter and no significant color stack. And so I was. Completed first two levels easily, though lost Skittles too easily at lvl 2 boss stage. Did not make me feel confident about my hitters ability to take a hit. I had healers to heal them, but what if they died in one hit. So I took revive scrolls. And that’s exactly what happened. Hitters died in one hit. Revived them. Healed them. They died again. Used a bunch of mana and 3 revive scrolls plus antidotes. Lvl 3 boss stage was tricky but the scrolls revived the hitters long enough to take out Balthazar and then Quintus. In the end, it was grinding through Ulmer with just C. Viv and Kiril left. Boards were decent, and I limped through the finish line.

(Note to self: Finish Skittleskull!!)

Wizard emblems to Alfrike, Sorcerer emblems banked. Trainer to Gafar. No reset emblem.

2 more trials to go to finish the full vanilla hero trials challenge!

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sartana +1
  • Shredder Kiril +20
  • Proteus +18
  • Wizard Melendor +20

Sartana is up one talent compared to last time. That’s it.

Nothing notable in the mob waves, other than them taking too long because I was playing conservatively to be able to recharge specials before the bosses. Popped a red diamond right before the boss wave to get rid of useless tiles, and entered the boss wave with a green diamond on the board. Went after Ulmer, because his defense down is the only remotely annoying thing about this trial, and I did manage to get him before he fired at all, thanks to alternating mana control from Proteus and Onatel. Balthazar fired once early, but even without Melendor’s defense buff, it barely left a mark, and he fell soon after Ulmer. Quintus also got to fire on the turn before he died, but that was likewise unremarkable. With sufficient mana control, this trial just isn’t much of a challenge.

Not enough wizard emblems to take Sartana up a talent. No four- or five-star candidates for sorcerer emblems at the moment, but I am maxing Quintus, so he’ll get them eventually unless someone like Almur shows up in the interim. Trainer hero goes to the aforementioned Quintus.

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Same as before, but now I forget that I can use Kiril one with Costume and one with Normal. Last time all Normal, and now all Costume :man_facepalming:t2: But not a big deals.

Other Option
2020-09-09_20-29-53

Battle

Decent start on boss stage, all mana charged.

Double Proteus, keep zero mana all bosses, and double Kiril-C, make sure all bosses have status ailment -att and -deff,… well that actually pretty nice, but with only Anzogh damage deals, no problem, not so long…, without used items.

Reward

Emblem Wizard for Kiril, Sorcerrer finally 125 in stock now, and planing for Ursena +19, but wait… that is too expensive… I keep in stock for a while now, I’m not sure if I want to continue Ursena to +19, maybe I will choose +def instead of +att for make her more sturdy,… will see later.
Trainer goes to Killhare, already decide her instead of Clarissa, because I also ascend JF for synergy.

6 Likes

My guess is, it may just coincide with the end of turns of buffs on your heroes, neither can I see how sorcerer 's talent should effect that, other than its mana delays.

1 Like

Team last time/ Team this time

Ursena was ready for her debut, so I swapped out Almur for her and even though Mits would have probably been the best choice for taking down Ulmer, I needed another healer so I swapped her out for c.Mel. Had to use items early due to bad boards and a (totally unpredictable) bullying of Proteus and Mel. Still, it felt like this was easier than the last few attempts with Ursena now joining the ranks.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Magni.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Include the two classes in the subject line of these Trials threads. Something like:

[Sept 09, 2020] Trials of Mysticism [Sorcderer, Wizard] – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

@Guvnor

2 Likes

No problem.
No items.
No reset token.
Alfrike to +11.
cSarta had dinner.
Sorc blems stored.

5 Likes

I was planning to nuke the bosses but a good board + two Proteus had me spending 0 items for this trial. This is a first when I’m not nuking the bosses for this specific trial.

Kiril went from talent 18 to 20. The other emblems on bench.

3 Likes

Failed at first, died at the second wave. Next time was lucky enough to reach bosses and use Proteus. He earned these emblems

6 Likes