🔵 [Sept 06, 2020] Trials of Fortitude – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Fortitude Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Fortitude Discussions
2 Likes

I used more items than I wanted.
1x Health.
7x Mana
2x Banner
1x Bomb Attack

I was simply not getting any colours I needed. I was LITERALLY only getting yellow, red and blue, the 3 colours I do not have on my team. I killed Boril first and quite quickly, then it took ages to kill the other two. As soon as I killed Vivica, it gave me LOTS and LOTS of Purple and Greens…

Druid Emblems don’t really have anyone to go to so I wil save for now.
Cleric will be saved towards White Rabbit (he is only on +1 right now, and I have only 31 emblems so 19 to go).
Trainer will go to my Kingston, who is currently at 3/49 - but i won’t be able to ascend him because I need just 1 tonic :sob:

7 Likes

Same team

Bit grumpy, bad boards, not setting the healer off when i should of and yeah :rage: blew them to bits

Saving all

7 Likes

I think this is my easiest trials. I dumped Rigard and ran with:

Melendor +6 / Boril / Caedmon +20 + costume bonus / Gullinbursti +14 / Mist +18

Note the distinct lack of 5* options. I used no items at all, and Melendor was basically unemployed for the whole trials –

MELENDOR: And now, I, Melendor, shall harness the powers of nature to save our team from the brink of utter destruction!

BORIL: I’m actually feeling quite good right now.

MIST: Haven’t you noticed the little white bar on your heads-up display, Mel? We’re all healthier than when we started.

MELENDOR: Untrue! I do have a hangnail and am at least 10 points below maximum. I shall harness the powers of NATURE!

GULLINBURSTI: Grunt.

MELENDOR: Ah, I do see that I was mistaken. The bar of healthfulness is hanging before my eyes as well.

CAEDMON: Now you see the power of the master hunter, who can capture a boar without killing it.

Gullinbursti is getting the emblems certainly. Clerics probably for Lady Woolerton. Trainer to Skittleskull’s costume (which won’t see a lot of use, but at least the base hero will be sturdier for sorceror trials).

6 Likes

Same team as before
This time the battle ended quicker than the last time, great board, mana control- Hansel and buff stealing- The Hatter.

image image

The Hatter to get the cleric, druids would be saved for Zim, trainer also saved.

7 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

This is quickly becoming my favorite trial. I swapped out Grazul and Hansel for Gulli and G. Gazelle and it was amazing. It took a little longer than normal for me since I was hesitant to use special through most of the mobs, favoring yellows to build up Gulli’s overheal. I’m still getting used to using Gulli, and Gazelle is just now getting to max, so still learning how to use them.
No items used or even remotely needed here this time. I was surprised how well the Vela/ Kadilen matchup worked… Vela has seemed stronger since her nerf and I like it, the attack down to all is something I don’t regularly use these days, but it’s very handy in raids and what not since her buff/nerf (berf?)
Took some extra screenies along the way this fight.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Gazelle. Miki’s up next and raring to go. No reset emblem.

5 Likes

Same team as last time, as no new clerics or druids: rigard, boril, melendor, gadeirus and sonya(c). As i’ve emblembed rigard and melendor to +18, went slightly faster, but without real hitters, took quite some time to kill vivica. But I managed at the cost of 3 or 4 minor mana (charge melendor to dispell ripost/deff up)

6 Likes

Continuing with the classic heroes challenge.

Melendor - 3/70 Kadilen - C. Sonya - Boril - Caedmon

Benched Viv for Melendor to color stack. I was doubtful about this one as I felt I didn’t have enough hitting power, but Boril’s riposte helped a lot against Horghall, while Caed’s dispell countered enemy Boril.

Took out enemy Boril first. Horghall followed soon after. Then it was just grinding through Viv, trying to get a good cascade going under her. Was grindey, but comfortable finish with a few mana potions and antidotes used, and all heroes pretty much standing with full health.

Emblems and trainer banked. No reset emblem.

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, only the position is changed. Last time with great result.

Other options:
2020-09-06_17-27-14

Battle

All mana charged, decent board and with heavy boost HP.

The battle took so long,… Caedmon died, but get rivived by Alby, so everything is perfectly won without any items.

Reward

Cleric maybe for 3rd Rigard or Mist, will decide later, Druid I’m not sure to continue for Vela, but I will keep for now. Trainer also keep later for Peter (he is still at 3rd tier).

7 Likes

Gulli - Hansel +3 - Mist +3 - Rigard +19 - Vela +6/7don’t remember

MVP: Gullinbursti. Getting to final stage with double health is crazy. I didn’t even had to fire Rigard until the last seconds and only to cleanse Horghall’s Attack down.
MVP part 2: Mist. Since Vivica and Boril kept activating their cleric ability and refusing to be affected by Mist manaslow and Hansel’s manacut, Mist’s blockage of any buffs saved me from Boril’s counterattack and Vivica’s def-up.
MVP part 3: Vela. She made Horghall hit like a Carver.

Easy trial, even though longer than any other easy trial for my roster.
Trainer to Domitia. Emblems saved, since i don’t know what i want to do with them: save them for a node every two months for 5*? Use them on 4*? Max at best some 3* for challenges and tournaments? Any advice?

5 Likes

Noor 3/70 Melendor 4/12 Ariel+8 Boril 4/30 Agwe

Had a bit of trouble at the end making Vivica kill herself onto Boril’s Riposte.
Anyway my advice is to take at least 1 sniper so you can have a speedier completion :slight_smile:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Too few good tiles to finish this. So option B nuke 'em. I need the emblems for Grazul and Vela, Trainer to Telluria.

6 Likes

When was the last time we’ve got a reset emblem? Jesus christ.

1 Like

Got one from last tournament.

No items.
No reset.
Gobbler had lunch.
Yes, he did. :rofl:
King got a node for +7.
Cleric blems stored.

5 Likes

I had to use a few items, but overall no worries. Cleric emblems to Lady Woolerton, Druid emblems to Master Lepus, trainer hero to Sif.

5 Likes

My team was

Belith- Gullinbursti- Boril- Sonia C- Brienne C

Belith- and Brienne were amazing at dispel and debuffing the defence to 65%

Also it was my first trial without using any battle items :joy::joy::joy:
(Except some healing potion to keep Brienne alive in the beginning)

Screenshot_2020-09-07-10-15-11-51_010925bd39fdc4bfa0e99fa1d4c2b790

5 Likes

Late posting, but here goes. My team this time:

• Vela +7
  • Melendor +c20
  • Rigard +c20
  • Gafar 4^70
  • Candy Skittleskull +18

Compared to last time, Vela and Skittles are both up one talent, and Gafar is in for Boril +20. Boril seems to be getting less and less useful, and I’m thinking of stripping his emblems for Gafar and/or Vivica. Wanted to see how this trial went without Boril causing Horghall to commit suicide.

This is it! This is the one I was waiting for. I targeted Sand Empire with my EHTs since Christmas in hopes of getting Gafar, because I thought he’d be the perfect answer to Vivica on this trial - a purple hitter who blocks healing. He wasn’t quite ready last time around but this time, he’s fully maxed and ready to rock. Pretty well breezed through the mob waves. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. With Rigard along to cleanse Horghall’s attack down, I decided to focus on Boss Boril to get rid of his annoying riposte.

I got Gafar recharged before Vivica’s first heal and put the anti-healing whammy on Boss Boril just in time. This is working great! And about three turns later, the bosses double hit Gafar and killed him. :rage::rage::rage: This is always a slog, but with one of my hitters out of commission and no way to easily deal with Horghall, finishing the fight took FOREVER! Vela’s DoT was my most effective weapon. Finally dropped Boril, giving me a better path to hit Vivica. Having double-stacked purple was helpful, since the ghost of Gafar still helps that. Once Vivica fell, taking down Groot was pretty straightforward.

Cleric emblems take Gafar up two talents (since he obviously needs them). Not enough druid emblems for another talent for Vela. Trainer hero goes to Lianna, who became my first-ever green legendary to reach final ascension Saturday night. Onward and upward!

3 Likes