🏅 [Sep 8, 2019] 21st Raid Tournament! — 2* Rush Attack, All Elements

This was, and remains, my perspective.

I would have liked to see a 10 space increase for all players for free when Raid Tournaments were released.

5 Likes

Because it means these lower level players that often have some emblemed 2* heroes won’t crash out on the first or second day.

1 Like

Eh we’ll see how it goes

I don’t see a lot on this subject yet.

How often are there 2* tournaments? Are they always Rush Attack?

What is your favorite defense team for 2* Rush Attack? What’s your favorite 2* team in general?

Is it worth leveling a 2* team for these events, if, like me, you’re past the point in the game where you disposed of your original leveled 2s? (If you started more recently, the question will be different for you, as you’ll still have your early game team and can simply keep them. At the time I ate my last 2 last fall, I didn’t anticipate that there would ever be a reason to keep them. I miss my old Layla now!) Or are the 2* events too rare to justify that?

@zephyr1

Help him out?

1 Like

Here is the topic:

(well already merged)

And this is topic before tournament:

And:

And here is about the strategy:

3 Likes

It is what it is.

No matter the outcome, they will be sacrificed in honor of Miki!

1 Like

This is the first one ever in the live game, so we don’t really know how often they will be.

They probably won’t always be Rush Attack, though.

Amidst the complaining about the Tournament, there’s a fair amount of discussion in this thread about that, which you might find helpful as a start. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s pretty much what the rest of the thread’s discussion is about.

Personally, I’m leveling some 2* now for this, and somewhat lamenting having eaten my maxed 2* a very long time ago.

3 Likes

Why those peasants? No 1* troops at all? Only completing the monster chest I get a lot of…

I have the same concerns for the upcoming season 3 which Tim promised at least as many new heroes as Season 2. That is gonna be a lot more 3 and 4* that will likely be fairly easily accessible.

2 Likes

Any 1* troops get sacrificed immediately.

I personally just want to see the 1* tournament allow 4* troops and make for a beautiful shht show

But it will waste F2P’s roster slot… I’m an F2P… I do keep 10 maxed 2* since last year, but if they have 1* tournament, I will need to sacrifice 10 roster slot…

2 Likes

Really? “nuff said”? Because I used an alt account as reference that somehow invalidates the point? I cited this account because it is 1) lower level (currently level 21 to be precise), 2) newer (started about a month ago, well after classes were introduced into the game), and 3) has been 100% F2P. These characteristics make it far more relevant to my point than my “main” account, which has not been F2P and on which I was well past relying on 2* heroes when classes and emblems were introduced into the game.

I guess after second day of battle, when I will meet in combat full emblemed Layla, Nash or that ugly green archer, will be like Mortal Kombat for me:
Layla: Excellent!
Nash: Fatality!
Needler: Flawless Victory!

3 Likes

Oh my God, something new that I was totally unprepared for! To the forum to complain about roster space, even though I have, like, 10 4 stars on my bench that I will never level and might as well just eat!

It’s new. It’s 1 week. What the hell, let’s do it. Nash or Needler?

6 Likes

Good attitude!

I went with Needler for my green, and Sha Ji for my yellow. So no Nash for me.

He’s a nice choice in general, with the fast sniper and attack debuff, but I wanted to start with a rainbow team, plus I don’t think the Fast Mana heroes are generally as advantaged during Rush Attack, so I wanted some Average ones in my mix. My others are Ragnhild, Zudak, and Layla.

3 Likes

I fail to see how this is beginner friendly myself. What do players here define as a “beginner”?

2*s can be maxed right away, as soon as TC2 is unlocked, so level 4 after completing the tutorial? Oh but wait, class quests can’t be accessed because you need to be level 12 for those… But wait! 1* troops cannot be maxed, because Barracks are needed and it takes an enormous amount of resources just to max out that building. So what is that, level 20+???

Y’all have fun in this tournament format. I’m not gonna rob anyone of that. But tournaments – regardless of rarity – are not designed to be beginner friendly.

5 Likes

I have both Olaf and Ragnhild, who shall be the tank?

2 Likes

I would go with Olaf, since there are not debuffers among 2*

1 Like