šŸ”µ [Sep 22, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

@Alicat, I understand your frustration but the trials arenā€™t certain colors/elements only. They are classes. Trials of Fortitude are Clerics and Druids which, unfortunately, are Healer heavy.

I myself used Rigard, Gade, Melendor, Caedmon and Boril. Boril really shines in this event as the bosses commit suicide on his repost, if you time it right. Caedmon also dispels Boss Borilā€™s repost.

Now Iā€™ve been playing for awhile so my heroes are maxed but due to the lack of heavy hitters I find Fortitude one of my least favorite Trials.

That said, itā€™s not for everyone. Some can only do the 1st level, some only the 1st two levels. You need to max those class heroes to be ready for these mini events. It took me awhile before I even had enough heroes to have a full team!! If you expect to be able to complete every event without putting in the time and effort to max heroes, you are definitely going to be disappointed.

Each Trials has 2 classes you can use, of any color/element you want. Certainly some elements are better in some trials but we use what we have right? Thatā€™s the challenge. So fight on and work to make your roster deeper so you have a number of heroes to choose from. It becomes easier as you progress in this game. Itā€™s a marathon, not a sprint.

Good Luck on your next Trials Challenge!! I hope you are prepared and victorious!!

16 Likes

Thank you all for reading my rant. I know this is all about patience, but after waiting to be level 30 and still canā€™t play is rather annoying. I thank you for the words of encouragement. Havenā€™t quit yet and Iā€™ll remember by big boy pants next time Homaclese

6 Likes

Trials of Fortitude is a big challenge. Even after a year of playing, I really only have two ā€œhittersā€ that qualify - Caedmon and Ranvir. It is hard to deal enough damage, but with strategic item use, you can make it happen eventually. It was one of the last trials I was able to finish.

9 Likes

Try to be realistic, they estimate you need a 4000 pt team to finish the final stage. I didnā€™t even try. Iā€™m sorry that you feel this unfair, but weā€™ve all been where you are at some stage.
Take care and enjoy what you can.

4 Likes

I have this team and yet Iā€™m not even trying to complete the last level as I would need all 4* battle items possible and my Rigard is almost maxed talent.

1 Like

With some items you can do it! But i agree that it didnā€™t worth all the costā€¦

1 Like

That team actually looks pretty decent for the trial.

A debuffer, 2 healers, and 2 ā€œhittersā€ aka Borilā€™s ripostes. The issue will be taking out 1 of Boril/Vivica with just tiles/items, but itā€™s possible.Iā€™d give it a shot next time with that team.

5 Likes

with that team u would have had no problem completing the last stageā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m level 41 now and failed on third stage - didnā€™t want to use so many battle items and have only 4 4* maxed for this trial (and a second Agwe on 3/60, bahhh) - itā€™s a really hard one. Need to level that little blue backfiring dwarf, the problem is, I think Iā€™d only need him for that trial, have Cyp maxed, if I need riposte -.-

1 Like

Trials of Fortitude is a challenge definitely. But if it were easy it would be like farming. The game needs challenges for you to strive for. Otherwise you lose interest quickly.

4 Likes

I like a challenge, thatā€™s probably why I still play this game even when it frustrates me almost daily. What I donā€™t like is being told you canā€™t play until 30, and then when you get there your told you donā€™t even have an option to win. Seems a little elitist to me.

1 Like

I think the level 30 restriction is necessary so new comers donā€™t throw away 20 world energy into a battle they certainly canā€™t finish.

Fortitude is the thoughest of the trials because your options are pretty much limited to healers. Still a 4000TP of healing heroes should be able to complete it fairly easily I think (I donā€™t have a 4000TP team of healers but I think thatā€™s why they recommend that TP).

I agree with the word etilist for this particular trial but as many other said, this is a challenge after all and the reward of emblems and a 3* trainer hero is worth to give it a try.

2 Likes

Yeah i get it. i just reached level 30 but am blessed with a deep roster for these classes so I managed to beat the third level using a few arrows and axes. Other classes I have less optiosn so you will see that some trials you can beat and otehrs you canā€™t.

You really just need to try and look at each trial and what you have available and guess whether you can beat it.

I find that the forums are a great help. you can find out what others use and what you are facing. Given the team you mentioned I would not attempt the third level of this trial knowing that you canā€™t beat vivica. You need a few hitters for that. This will improve over time.

As stated above the lvl 30 requirement if more of a child lock that stops people wasting their reqources when they arenā€™t ready. Once the child lock is removed you can try it but arenā€™t guaranteed that you will beat it.

6 Likes

Iā€™m level 48 and could not finish lvl 3 because I had all healers, a 2^ Boril and a 1^ Agwe. I knew I wasnā€™t going to make it, but tried just for the heck of it.

Nope! Death death death! Maybe the next trial will be doable! :grin:

8 Likes

Agree with others that this team can probably do the job. Itā€™s comparably good to the team I won with. If youā€™re averse to item use, maybe not, but for that many emblems, plus a three-star trainer hero, I find it worth it to spend a few items.

4 Likes

I completed it with Caedmon, Gadeirus, Melendor, Rigard, Boril. (Boril not fully maxed.) But it was a long slog ā€” constantly having to dispell Borilā€™s riposte, constantly having Vivica healing everyoneā€¦ I took out the one on the left first, then Boril, then Vivicaā€¦ With that team, it was enough to use 4 axes, a set of medium mana potions, a couple of healing potions.

In general, I find the third level fairly doable with 5 maxed 4-stars, but I did Strength with a three star and Mok-Arr at 2-40 on the team. (Needed more items for that one.)

2 Likes

Trial of Fortitude Stage 3

Fortitude sucks.

blue 4* Boril really is the star of this class quest.

One account only got Boril a few months ago and it has many higher priority blue heroes to level in front of Boril.

My family has been playing for 6+ years ( if you add all our accounts).

Some of our 2+ year old accounts skipped stage 3.

The rest used 3x to 5x Dragon Attacks, 5x Bomb attacks and 5x Axe Attacks BEFORE Vivica 's first heal. Lodge is not much help since 5* Battle items damage one enemy. Titanium Shield might help. Time freeze is too expensive for 8+8 emblem reward.

Battle items

Rumor from beta says there was no level limit originally, but it was also impossible to complete without all HotM, so Boss HP was heavily reduced.

On the live server you can complete any class quest stage 3 by reaching the Boss stage and then using items ( Dragon, Bomb and Axe ).

I would guess the Level limit is a way to let players know they need Forge level 16.

"4* heroes are the backbone of Empires, Forge level 17 is the backbone of class quests ".

Colors

More annoying yellow and red are missing from cleric 4* heroes and druid 4* heroes are all green.

One boss is green and mobs are 50% chance of green, but no red 4* hero in either class.

No 5* Snipers

Even the 5* heroes are almost all healers and attack all enemies. No snipers.

Mana shield

If lucky enough to get Hansel, 2x Bosses have mana shield so 100% mana potions waste on this trial.

Weirdness

I agree.

Team power is not a good measure for Trials of Fortitude.

I once gave up after 75 gems and 20 minutes.

30 minute limit

They have added a 30 minute limit to Class quests, most likely due to Fortitude.

Especially if running a team with multiple Mother North or Alberich.

Multiple revives

If you are out of battle items, and have spent 75 gems to revive, further revives are unlikely to complete Fortitude.

Boss Vivica and Boss Boril (together they fight crime)

Not only does Boss Vivica heal, but she also has a defense buff and a cleanse. Add Borilā€™s counter attack and weak burn damage from Dragon Attack makes Boss Vivica one of the nastiest Class Bosses

Notes

4 Likes

You did great saving on items with that team. I simply used battle items to get it over with. My forges are pretty idle anyway.

1 Like

Love how you lead with the tl;dr version. :smile:

4 Likes

@zephyr1 merge into šŸ”µ [Sep 22, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!?

3 Likes