šŸ‘‘ [Sep 2019] New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

Maybe try Gretel, Chao, Wu, Rigs and Mel. Nice 3-1-1 with dual healers and enough holy punch with a side of mana control. Worst case you just wasted what, 6 WE to test it out?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure about Wu really, his misses could mess it up. How did you find him?

Proteus seems key in general, wish I had him!

Yeah Proteus is great, really shuts them down. I donā€™t have Gretel but isnā€™t she similar to Hansel? Wu really added punch to those tiles that let me knock them down, otherwise it would have been a battle of attrition that I most surely would have lost.

Edit: maybe swap Wu for Wilbur, if you donā€™t get anywhere on that team, at least he can help spread the damage and give a def-.

I donā€™t know your roster or is it rare, epic or legendary that youā€™re struggling with.
In general Lady of the lake needs to be prevented from firing or her minions will stop your heroes from firing their special
I beat the last stage on legendary with a mono purple team of Domitia, Sartana, Aeron, Kage(+8) and Seshat (all at 4.80). I used dragon attacks, bombs and axes and time stops.
I forgot about the stage timer and made sure I started the boss level with all heroes with full mana. I made sure to knock out Lady 1st.
I had the same issue with last years Christmas event and Mother North and did the pretty much the same thing (team full of snipers and a healer) except I used mana potions instead of timestops.
There are a few ways of beating this stage but it would be hard with a team of 4*'s

1 Like

I was able to manage slightly progress so broke up till legendary 10th lvl. LOL. It so much fun to fight 15+ mins per level (here sarcasm tag is fully loaded). Guys take mine suggestion, make your super league with minimum requirements: letā€™s say 4k BR, 50 heroes in the root and leave us to rot in a normal challenge where a tier finishing reward wonā€™t be a desert mirage. Will appreciate it.

Done. Legendary with a TP of 3459:
Rigard +11, Mel +1, Tibs +1, Lianna 3/50 (could be changed for Caedmon for epic), Proteus 4/61 :smiley:
Those ā€œlittleā€ monsters on legendary become really tough in the end stagesā€¦over 2300 HP is much. Had the feeling I didnā€™t do any damage on them, even when Tibs had firedā€¦

On the last 2 stages I lost Mel, too fragile that Gandalfā€¦donā€™t use him often because of that. And on the second to last stage somehow the bosses managed to take Lianna out, too. But with Proteus always firing (NO special from the bosses in the last stage), it was only time consuming and no big deal :slight_smile: Itā€™s essential to take out that lady first. Needed two attempts for the last stage epic, because she fired and Iā€¦had no chance after that.

Only one coin needed for another summonā€¦I think I replay rare a bit, epic and legendary were a bit annoying, took so longā€¦or maybe I should change to Wu Kong for more damageā€¦

Summons so far:
20190912_115018

And Belith, Brienne and Bane. My daughter was sad, she wanted the lady for me :slight_smile: I wanted her, tooā€¦that Black Knight is my 7th red 5*, when should I ascend all of them? :smiley:

19 coins so far ā€¦ including the completion loot.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the first time iā€™m trying to reach top 1000 rare for this event. Could any high ranked player share a picture of their scores per stage? Might give me an idea where improvement is possible.
Iā€™m wondering how to get a good score for the final stage, they are really toughā€¦
Problem is I donā€™t have 5 green strikers, and no emblems and leveled troops :frowning:

Tried the team with Wu mate and did manage to get Guin down and the other two to half.

I might switch out Rigard to Boldtusk and have another go

1 Like

I just tried Boldtusk, Melendor, Wilbur, Little John and Falcon, Boldie is on 4/26, rest is maxed +1, TP is 3359.

Managed to get them all down, but it was no fun at all. Went fully charged into the boss stage. I used Bombs and Arrows to get rid of the swords, focused on the lady and took her down. Then Guin, then Artus. I used some mana pots (had 3 left) for Wilbur, I think, 1 big healing thing - forgot to craft new ones and didnā€™t have more, lol.

Ahahaha and that made a new highscoreā€¦maybe because no one died thanks to Wilbur? :smiley:

1 Like

Just now, 1x10 pulls, only feeders. And I was so upset for not getting Bauchan. Another 300 gems and booom, here he comes. Iā€™m fine now. I knew I ainā€™t so lucky for anything else. Very glad for Bauchan :slight_smile:

LE: I did this on my alt too. Same thing, Bauchan came after 1x10, but not at first 300, at 4th. Anyway, this should compensate with getting King Arthur as well. Too bad I just used my scopes for Isarnia 1 week ago :neutral_face:

With the new amount of stages, it now looks like a minimum score of ~705k is needed to be on the Rare leaderboard, and thatā€™s just after day 1.

That is a considerable jump from 500k as was the standard in previous events.

I went all out yesterday, and landed in 20th place. Currently at 23rd place now. Started with 200 axes and am down to 0 lol. Not bad for F2P! Letā€™s see how long I stay up there.

11 Likes

@DaveCozy could you please send me a screenshot of your scores per stage for rare? Would love to see how iā€™m doing in comparison.

@zephyr1
could you add in the main topic the offers that included in each event?
i know that there is an offer first day for 200*5 gems but what about later?

The initial 5x 200 gems offer is the only one thatā€™s consistently offered each Challenge Event.

Are you suggesting logging the other offers that happen to be offered during the event, even though they likely wonā€™t be offered next time?

a log will be nice as well, i mean to add in FAQs about each event or have a separate topic where all recurring offers are listed for example:
atlantis Gems + tokens4
first sat of the month
first day of challenge event 200
Tournament offer (i saw 2 offers so far where the amount of Trainers vary)
etc.

Thatā€™s most of the recurring offers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thereā€™s also a monthly element-specific offer, a monthly Itā€™s Raining Loot Tickets, and the Heavenly Treasures / Stardust sorts of offers basically rotate with one each month.

I might be forgetting one or two, but I think thatā€™s about it for regular offers with a fairly predictable schedule.

Considering itā€™s not much info and could easily change at any time, Iā€™m not sure having a guide would be very useful. Last monthā€™s Atlantis was a good example, with the introduction of a new offer.

Oh, and the Tournament Offers seem to alternate between two versions, with one being twice the price of the other.

but are the remaining offers comes at a certain time of the month ?
also there used to be an offer that comes in 3 prices where you can buy the cheap one 3 times the 2nd for 2 and the most expensive 1 time, i dont recall it last month
do you remember if it did? and when it usually come?

The other monthly offers seem to be on a slightly less fixed schedule, judging by periodic threads asking when theyā€™re going to happen, e.g. Itā€™s Raining Loot Tickets.

There are many variations of that offer format, but they arenā€™t offered every month from what Iā€™ve seen.

We could start tracking them, but again, I donā€™t think that will end up being very informative of what future offers there will be.

For those last 3 stages, aim for 65k or more points. That should get you into top 1000.

Battle axes and arrows help a lot against the bosses in the final 3 stages. They have way too much HP to be taken out by tiles and skills quickly. I used mono yellow for stage 13, 3-2 yellow-green for 14 (two red bosses makes this the hardest stage imo), and mono red for stage 15.

Key word quickly! Speed is what matters most for good scores. Watch the timer closely and ensure that you can finish the stage in around 1 min, the less the better. If any of your heroes get knocked out though, Iā€™d hold your items, as that will significantly bring your score down.

Iā€™d rather not share my whole scores publicly yet, as Iā€™m still interested in improving them later this weekend and would like to just have 1 final screenshot. But I hope the above helps.

5 Likes

Finished Legendary using two 4* heroes. I chose to go mana control and complete the event with zero expectation of placing even with the expanded tiers.

I find that if speed isnā€™t the focus mana control is critical because the bosses have wicked specials that will destroy you, if LotL and Guin start firing it is game over, BK exacerbates it but those two alone will eff you up.

Proteus, Hel, Hansel, LJ, Gretelā€¦ I used Hel and LJ. LJ was killed by the mobs in the last two stages so I would suggest some healing potions and/or mana pots for your healer(s). Probably should have swapped Proteus in for LJā€¦

1 Like