šŸ‘‘ [Sep 2019] New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

@bobiscool Just curious, what team would you be running when the bosses are mostly red?

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ I havenā€™t thought about it. Good question. I guess Iā€™ll try mono-green and see how it works, and Iā€™ll also try wilbur, boldtusk, kelile, proteus and wu kongā€¦ I donā€™t really have much options since my deepest bench, blue is reflectedā€¦

I skimmed through this bad boy to prep for the Feb event. What color team, or even, what team do the top players use for this blue reflect challenge? Especially focused on rare but any/all welcome. Thanks!

Edit: for competition

For completion or competition?

Comp. post edited.

20 fully maxed Namahages

Lots of World Energy refills hoping to get nice diamond options on the starting boards.

Strong mono against the mob waves and carpet bombing the bosses.

Itā€™s all about speed and healthy heroes at the finish. The faster and healthier the better.

I feel like red is the most common for rare and epic. Costume Gunnar has entered the rare comp meta, but obviously not for blue reflect. Youā€™ll probably see a lot of Namahages perhaps with a costumed Brienne

1 Like

My red team is primed and blue isnā€™t bad either. But I didnā€™t think either of those were appropriate for reflect blue.

Do the top spots run mono green?

Shrubber, 2 Muggy & 2 Belith.
Give it a tryā€¦

Roger the Shrubber?

NI!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen a mono green team in the top spots

1 Like

I donā€™t think this one is gonna be as easy as the previous one. If you really want to rank very top, youā€™re probably gonna have to use different mono for different stages. That could be green, yellow or red. If youā€™re just going for top 1000, thatā€™s probably not necessary. Any mono would probably do.

Iā€™m gonna try (mostly limited by my roster, not because this is optimal):

For rare:

Green Mono: Mnesseus (new from atlantis yay), Mnesseus (I was so short on green), Berden+7, Belith+7, Brienne C

Yellow: Bane+1, Bane, Bane, Gan Ju, Brienne C (or Hawkmoon C+3)

Red: Namahage, Nashgar, Nashgar, Azar+13, Hawkmoon C+3

For epic and legendary:

Green: Wu Kong, Melendor+19, Gadeirus, Buddy, Little John

Yellow: Wu Kong, Hu Tao+19, G. Jackal, Wilbur+7, Boldtusk+3

Looking at these levels, Iā€™m surprised red is a good choice. Guardians made sense since there was a 50/50 split of yellow and green dudes.

Iā€™m just trying to crack 1k, nothing crazy. I want to say I saw a bunch of Hissans, but I could be smoking crack again.

some stages have red bosses so green isnā€™t so good. Red works well because of high attack power.

1 Like

Iā€™m not as concerned about the bosses as the mob color. Bosses can be itemā€™ed into the stratosphere, if need be.

depends on the stage, especially for later stages in epic/legendary, I find that itā€™s much better to use items on mobs, and tile damage is super important on bosses.

1 Like

If I do 50 pulls what are the odds of receiving a 5* event hero?

So out of 100 pulls it is a 1% chance?

Have a look on this: How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis - #21 by Finmirage

I donā€™t remember if 5* event hero odds are 1%, but assuming thatā€™s it:
X=1-0.99^50=39.49%

As you can see your best option is to pray to the RNG god :smiley:

1 Like

Havenā€™t heard yellow mooted. Iā€™m thinking a green and yellow combination except the red heavy levels 9, 11 and 14. Not sure what to do about those but Iā€™m still leaning towards yellow for mana control.

Youā€™ll have a 39.5% chance at an event 5* (at 1% per pull).

48% chance at the HOTM (1.3%/pull).

You also have a chance at S1 five bangers, but I didnā€™t include them in my calculator and Iā€™m not sure what their chances are.