🔵 [Sep 18, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

My team this time:

• Poseidon +2
  • Gormek +19
  • Boldtusk +13
  • Colen 4^70
  • Little John 4^70

Compared to last time, Boldtusk is maxed (up from 3^55) and emblemed, Gormek is up 4 talents, and Little John is in for Grimm. This is one of my best trial teams (especially after finally drawing Boldtusk), so I was disappointed with my performance last time, as I had to resort to moderate item use to finish the trial. I wondered if Little John’s mana control might delay the bosses just enough to make a difference. I swapped him in for Grimm instead of Gormek because I didn’t want to add a third glass cannon to this bunch, even though Grimm has the color advantage against the bosses.

Mob waves were so easy, I had to hold back to keep from wiping them out before getting charged for the boss waves. Got to the boss waves, and fired all specials at Elena, since I didn’t want that reflect to fire without a dispeller in the fold. Got a pretty decent board, and was able to recharge red and yellow specials quickly. Elena fell to Gormek’s second ramming pulverizer, and Azlar burned to death immediately after. Nashgar managed to charge enough to be ready to fire a special, but I killed him before it went off.

Little John was just what the doctor ordered on this trial. The mana control ensured that not a single boss fired, and I never even glanced at my items, even healing potions (thanks, Boldtusk!) The bad news for the bosses of this trial… Azlar’s coming! When I switch him in for Colen (hopefully next time) this one should be even easier!

Gormek is on that last node with a massive cost, so I’m only halfway there after this trial. Boldtusk goes to +14, and will claim emblems for a while before I move back to Poseidon. Trainer hero goes to the aforementioned Azlar; he’s now at 3^26 and lookin’ at them rings like…

7 Likes