šŸ”µ [Sep 1, 2019] Trials of Piety Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Maxed Joon and added max Drake (replacing max Rigard) since the last time. Blasted right through it without items or deaths. Trainer will be used to finish off Gretel in a couple days.

3 Likes

Well since I ran this with Wu, Li Xiu, Boril, Rigard and Mnesseus I was forced to bring Space Wars out of mothballs and employee it against the final bosses.

Why does the good Friar Tuck not perform as well when heā€™s in my lineup? The fat guy is holding back it seems?

5 Likes

You have Wu and Wilbur talented, which I donā€™t. But I use this tactic 2 W in event challenges, not only at trials. In 99 out of 100 battles, if you charge Wilbur then Wu and use 5 tornado (sometimes is over already after 2-3), you donā€™t even need another hero and doesnā€™t take a minute. Beside tornado, I would take those 10 healing potion (you did good), axes (bombs are better, of course) and another 5 healing potion because you donā€™t have Rigard. Important is to make it to stage 3 with the 2 W alive and ready to be used. Only an incredible bad luck at puzzle could result in losing.

2 Likes

Lol I know right, Friar Tuck is infuriating as a boss, but whenever I bring him to a war - or to one of these Trials - he really lets me down! i wanted a Friar Tuck vs. Friar Tuck final battle, but noooo. My Friar canā€™t even survive the first mob of stage 3ā€¦

3 Likes

Hard to have enough firepower as Gafar die earlyā€¦ But Borilā€™s Riposte work good even against normal attackā€¦

Do not have him yetā€¦

I try to replace Boril with Li Xiu (both 3/60) but fail and lost 20 flagsā€¦ So I decided to keep Boril, which means only slight changr in level and emblemā€¦

Old Team:

New Team:

No effectā€¦

10 Healing Potions
5 Minor Mana Potions
4 Arrow Attacks
5 Bomb Attacks

Saving itā€¦

Wu Kongā€¦ Next trials I will have Wu Kong and Joon readyā€¦

6 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. Brought in Gafar for this attempt.

• On the bench: Ariel, Elk 3.70, Rigs, Agwe 3.60, Valeria, Wu, Li Xiu

Iā€™m not currently leveling any Clerics or Monks, so these will probably be my options for next time, as well.

I got to the bosses sooner than anticipated, with Tarlakā€™s special already going. I manaā€™ed up Wilbur to cast, and Friar resisted the debuff. Both Hansel and Gafar were resisted, as well, but it ultimately didnā€™t matter. With this many green tiles on the board and Wilburā€™s def down on the front line, it didnā€™t take long.

Two moves in, and nearly everyone is finished.

One red match was enough to drop Tuck. This was probably the fastest stage 3 trials boss fight I have had.

Trainer goes to Musashi, emblems to Ma North and the Tarlak-Wilbur emblem sharing collective.

5 Likes

Did not have a roster screenshot to steal from the last time, so thisā€™ll have to do:

My team this time. Decided to drop Boril since the end bosses werenā€™t worth the riposte, and thatā€™s not even including the fact that Wilbur makes the riposte ineffective, anyway.

I tried just slogging through the end bosses, but an unlucky Joon snipe on Wu Kong made that unworkable. That and Iā€™d had a super frustrating morning, so I just decided to nuke and wash my hands of it.

Vivica was able to go to +2, but Wilbur was 10 short of getting to +20, sadly. Since Iā€™m leveling up an Owl for fun, and heā€™s being stubborn with his skill ups, the trainer is going to go to the Queen, but only after I get enough for a 10 feed to be more food efficient.

Thanks as always for the thread, zephyr :+1:

7 Likes

wow, very expensiveā€¦ I do not have tornado left, I have 1 time stop, and now i create moreā€¦ maybe I can try using 4 or 5 time stop instead? but if I use: heal - heal - timestop - bomb.
At the mobs Iā€™m sure using bunch of heal, I usually use axes to reduce attack from mobs. Or should I use one slot for mana? so I can rehcarge Wilbur since from begining?

4 Likes

Idk to say. The duo Wilbur-Wu requires nice combos to be successful. You canā€™t rely on the puzzle you get. Should have just in case some tornados. And yesā€¦ In the beginning of stage 3 Wilbur and Wu should be full of mana.

1 Like

Okay another tryā€¦
Using the same teams and different items (10xheal - 5xAxes - 5xTimeStop - 5xBomb), let see the result,ā€¦ drumb bell pleaseā€¦ :drum:

I already use 80% (8x of 10 heal) and 1 axes in start of boss stage! :open_mouth: :sweat_smile: but nevermind, I want to know what the rest items can do, and specially TimeStop.

Well, I after using the right time, so before boss mana full I use TimeStop,ā€¦ and the result is comfortable, they drop mana to zero, and delay the slash attacksā€¦ wowā€¦ :open_mouth:

So, use 3x ManaStop and 3 bombs, all goneā€¦ puff! Victory!

:tada: Well now, all 10 trials is finished stage 3! Achivement done, next achievement is use without too many expensive items.

Emblems Monk for Wilbur, Cleric keep for Rigard (later after I can get from TC20 or summon).
Trainer for Poseidon.

Thank you @Scarecrow for the suggestion! :+1:

7 Likes

Iā€™m very glad you did it! But you should consider to make tornado anytime you have some extra iron. They are very useful, everywhere. Especially to titans, trials and legendary challenge. I produce around 100 in a month. Yes, are expensive, but worth it.

1 Like

I know it, and I already did it many time against titan, very good result, but for now Iā€™m lacking of Irons, my posisition building right now is: SH21, Iron Storage not all max, Food storage also not yet all max. I still focus to open and research hunter lodge.

1 Like

Yes, hunter lodge is important too, for harpoons. Good luck!

1 Like

Forgot to take screens, again. This is the second time Iā€™ve finished TofP, but donā€™t remember my original team either. I used Wu, Li, boril, Rigard, and Hansel. The fight was pretty one sided without much issue. I started the final bosses with 2 dragons and 2 bombs to soften them up and they just fell apart within 3 moves, 3rd was a cascade that wiped them all out.
Trainer went to Hu as heā€™s my last yellow before I start on Justice.

3 Likes

OK I also edit my replyā€¦
Welldone :+1: wow Rigard, I hope I can get one somedayā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Yessir, those healers make a big difference when going up against the mobs before the boss. Lets you prep the whole team and ghost what you need before stepping into the last arena, all while saving on potions.

1 Like

No items needed,
trainer to Guardian Owl,
emblems saved.

3 Likes

The last battle was long, due to a lack of hitters on my side. I had Boril which ding attack as tank, Wu Kong that only strengthen hits and Rigard which can basically heal. My only attack specials was that of Alkanen and The Hatter. Alkanen sist st 1:12 and was taken out early. I used a revive scroll to bring him back but lost him again. The Hatter was key to take take Joon out. I just kept stealing Borilā€™s counter attack, combined with my own Boril Joon did not last long. I then manage to take out Boril by just continuing to steal his counter attack and avoiding Frair Tuck. With Frair Tuck it was a long drawn out battleā€¦ The Hatter does not punch hard enough. It was a case of waiting for a role of tiles after firing up Wu Kong that won the match.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Rigard +10
  • Li Xiu +7
  • Boril 4^70
  • Leonidas 2^60
  • Hawkmoon +20

Compared to last time, Rigard is up 3 talents and Li Xiu is maxed and has 7 talents. Unfortunately, I still lack hitters for this trial big time. The mob waves arenā€™t super tough with this crew, but Iā€™m basically resigned to carpet bombing the bosses. My strategy is to save Li Xiu and Leonidas as long as possible, cutting Friar Tuckā€™s mana to delay his heal, then bombs away. This time, that amounted to 5 dragons, 5 bombs, and 1 axe.

Emblems take Rigard to +11, but Li Xiu is on one of those pesky nodes that require 40 emblems, so she stays put. Trainer hero goes to the shiny new Vivica I drew last week. She likely replaces Hawkmoon by the next time this trial rolls around. Also allows me to reclaim Hawkmoonā€™s cleric emblems for Rigard.

5 Likes

No pics this time :man_shrugging:
Viv 3/10 - Wilbur +11 - Rigard +18 - Gafar +1 - Wu +4
Had not much time on this one, was on a family trip at the zoo :rofl:
Carpet bombed boss wave through the stratosphere :joy:
Wilbur got to +12
Viv will get the clerics once maxed
Trainer waiting for Vivā€™s 4th tier

5 Likes