šŸ… [Sep 1, 2019] 20th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Bloody Battle, No Fire/Red

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, this will be the only thread for anything related to this Tournament.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-09-01T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-09-02T08:00:00Z
2019-09-07T08:00:00Z

=> Click here for Log of Past Tournaments

:no_pedestrians: This Weekā€™s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/Red
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Healing, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this weekā€™s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Teamā€™s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments ā€“ Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

4 Likes

Very generic, Iā€™d say :wink:

My Peters T19ā€¦ Shed tears my pirate, shed tears!

Thoughts?

1 Like

Hmm, have to think about this.

My only maxed 4* Greens are Jack Oā€™Hare and Skittleskullā€¦ Neither is exactly tank material. Though either would punish a bad board if they fire, especially Skittles with the attack debuff.

Melendor is still just about to reach 3rd ascension and Gadeirus is parked at 3/18 (dropped Gad when Mel came).

My other maxed 4*s are Proteus, Sabina, Li Xiu, Chao, Sonya, Triton, Grimm, Kiril. Hrmmmā€¦

suggestions welcome :sweat_smile: not expecting much with this. Jack in center because fast mana; if he gets killed before he fires, at least hopefully Skittles and Li will be charged up (Skittlesā€™ defenses are only slightly better than Jackā€™s, plus Skittles is slow so she gets flank). Sonya is fast and dispels (could also use Chao, but Sonya is sturdier and affects all with her dispel; while Tritonā€™s heal buff is useless). Proteus to draw enemy fire and for opposing weaknesses with Li.

1 Like

Spread damage and minions :grin:

I would put Buddy as tank; much tougher and activates earlier tooā€¦ On the left wing a fast mana hero, not Grimm.

Thought about buddy tank but his minions wouldnā€™t spread across the team. As for Grimm 20 emblems says he stays!!

The minions are more important than a better tank? Itā€™s OK with me. I really hope to meet you in battle :relaxed:

P.S. Just kidding, I couldnā€™t meet you due to my team power :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope to not face many Buddy teamsā€¦
x3 Buddy and x2 Caedmon would be really bad news to me.

2 Likes

@Scarecrow matchmaking doesnā€™t go off defence TP itā€™s the strongest heroes in your roster available for the tournament, so you may just meet me. BTW what team are you using?

1 Like

Yep, you are right, I just drink my coffee now. Should I wake up first before posting :joy:

I didnā€™t decide yet, not even for the tank. Peters or Caedmon? Rogue would be a better flank due to his talent ability and a talented Caedmon a better tank. But I spread out the druid emblems among some heroes and Caedmon is not as tough as Peters at 19ā€¦ Decisions, decisionsā€¦ Unfortunately, I donā€™t have Buddy.

1 Like

I just pulled Caedmon yesterday, he seems perfect for this tournament!
Oh wait, I pulled him yesterday, heā€™s level 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

As all of my other green 4* are healers, I donā€™t expect to do so good in this tournament. :stuck_out_tongue: I put Brienne as a tank.

1 Like

At the tournament just finished, I had grade A 4 days in a row. I hope at least same performance this tournament. I set 5 fast heroes due to the rule. Imo, with this rule, faster is better than bringing supporting heroes with buffs.

2 Likes

Btw guys, just count how many times you will meet Kasshrek or Melendor at this tournament. Or any other healer. We should make a contest of this :rofl:

4 Likes

Since my choices of non green 4* healers are very limited, ( Cademon, Little John ) I probabely will use a LJ with 18 emblem steps as tank and cademon flank.

This would make: Sonja - Tiburtus - LJ - Cademon - Proteus all with at least 18 emblem steps. Not optimal but that is what is available! :wink:

Good luck for everybody! Will see how it works out.

3 Likes

Okay, my setup like thisā€¦
Should I change Wu with Jackal or better Wu Kong? I do not have many choice.
My other: Grimm, Boril, Jackal
Any advice are welcome, thanks.

Jackal would be better. He hits hard and the enemy canā€™t heal back and heā€™s faster than Wu also.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the team Iā€™m running. I know Iā€™m losing the HOT from Gad but his durability and attack boost still makes him worth it, I think.

3 Likes