🔪 Senan – 5* Dark / Purple from Slayers of Fell Shadows

managed to pull Senan and quickly started leveling him. He looks impressive. Wish I’d have gotten another 5* to really compliment the mana and hp stack. But even alone his stack increases fairly quick. In a raid fight I seem to easily get him over 5-6 stacks and often all the way to 10.

My initial thoughts:
Started trying him out at 3:70 and really liked the fiends hitting everyone. Had Hannah at 3:70 and was just about to drop the mats to ascend her when I got Senan. It was a hard choice but that higher damage hit all and fiends to all was what sold me on giving him the mats instead.
His HP stack really seemed to be just kind of a nice extra but not really anything to be excited over, but I’ve had him survive longer than other fully emblemed 5*'s in some fights because of it. It adds up over time. He’s currently at 4:41 and I’m really hoping his hit all will shine even more with full attack stat and emblems.

6 Likes

I faced him today in war at +20 as tank, I did not have fun. He will be borderline too much for very fast wars if paired with other slayers I think

2 Likes

Just finished ascending him and now trying to figure out emblems. Wondering if I should focus on boosting his defense more. Or work on building up his attacks. 731Atk and 813Def are decent stats. But I’m curious if he will be more effective hitting all, or staying alive longer to possibly cast minions a couple times…
anyone who put emblems on him already and are using him mind sharing their thoughts and how effective it is? Really considering putting him in my defense. So I’m leaning towards Def path.

3 Likes

I was planing to emblem Senan like Killhare, more attack.
I also have Ursena emblem (I choose balanced path), I place her tank in my AW.

Type Base Stats Attack Focus Defense Focus
Attack 731 827 761
Defense 813 867 963
HP 1421 1571 1535

Well, I consufe a bit… but maybe I would choose defense path, because he is my tank candidate for AW.

4 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown. I did a balanced approach to Ursena as well. Really considering balanced approach now for Senan after reading your comparison to Kilhare. I know it won’t quite be the same since he only has 275% to all rather than her 300. But May focus on def with a few nodes to atk to get him closer.

2 Likes

Not sure which path I want to take either. I plan on trying him out on defense as well.

2 Likes

Got him up to 17 emblems and went mostly defense with one AtK node. Definitely seeing an improvement in my def cups. Typically stayed around mid 2500. Now I’m seeing low to mid 2600 more often. Definitely making a difference.

erm has he in a way like replaced Kunchen?

My Senan is already looking forward to a very fast war

4 Likes

He is incredibly handsome. Nice work. It will be 2022 by the time I get the tabbards I need to ascend mine.

1 Like

You went the crit path instead of the healing bonus path… Interesting. The health bonus has helped me in the past a few times before, so anyone looking for a comparison, below is the option to increase the percentage Senan heals by 2%.

3 Likes

How does the healing bonus really help?

I think it’s one of the dumbest things in the game. What am I missing?

2 Likes

Every turn the slayers heal themselves with their stacks. At max they heal for more with the healing node than if you were to go the crit option. On any other non-healer, I wouldn’t bother, but for the slayers, it helps them recover more hp over time. Several times Senan was the last one standing and he survived with less than 100 HP (once with only 5). Had I gone down the crit path, he would have healed less AND had lower def and though it was marginal, it made the difference.

4 Likes

At max stack, Senan gains 100HP/turn so you basically gain about +2HP/turn because of that node.

Now, sure, you can argue that having been left with 5HP in the end, that’s what made the difference, but someone else could argue that going crit and attack instead of health buff and defense, would have clinched the win faster, before going down to a handful of HP.

Anyway, I asked because you claimed that the health buff helped you “a few times” before and I got really curious. I’ve been playing for almost 3 years and I remember such a thing happening to me only once.

3 Likes

You gain 2% of 100, that’s 20hp more per turn at max stack. I find every bit of heal useful and then you add the fact that any other heal they receive will also be boosted makes that node more useful imo.

1 Like

Umm 2% of 100 is 2 not 20

10 Likes

Well, I guess the math in the game is off because the slayers get an additional 20hp with max stacks.

What do you place troop for senan? Mana troop at what level, or you use other type troops?
Level 21-24 mana or ninja troop has 18% bonus heal, so plus mana node 2%, it is excactly 20% healing bonus.

5 Likes

That explains it then. I use a lvl 24 mana troop.

2 Likes

Health or critical path doesn’t matter. When raiding we all have different circumstances that we encounter. No right answer here.

I went with the critical and sword path to maximize the damage from his skill as well as his fiend damage.

1 Like