Seeking the best free to play players or little money players just curious how many people do very well that are, free to play

@Boolz_San_CK Come show the OP another awesome f2p please. :smile:

1 Like

thx @SamMe

There’s a lot of good input here; and this is the most important thing a f2p player acquires with this game - the help and understanding of the community (probably 10% of them all here, but it’s normal) giving or getting it.

So I’m gonna give my input, based on my experience, by agreeing or not to some points mentioned above which i’ll think are worth pointing out.

[quote=“SirGorash, post:10, topic:205315”]
You can pretend to be ‘competitive’ in your f2p alliance until a wild top 100 clan appears with their tanks full of Tellurias, Velas and other p2w monster defenses.
[/quote]
:x:

[quote=“SirGorash, post:10, topic:205315”]
Only p2w can reach the top and the 14* titans
[/quote]

[quote=“Raelea, post:12, topic:205315”]
A number of the Wu Kong replacements would personally be fantastic for Titans, but no luck.
[/quote]
:white_check_mark:

[quote=“Raelea, post:12, topic:205315”]
Maybe my next gem pull will gift me something amazing, maybe a lucky costume will pop or maybe the Hero Academy is kind to me once I get my food storage leveled. A couple of key heroes would make a huge difference.
Until then, back to being patient
[/quote]

[quote=“Soiden, post:19, topic:205315”]
F2P or spender, you can have a strong roster and reach the top.
[/quote]

A spender will have more pulls than a F2P in the same lapse, but the odds are the same. And there’s some skill involved
[/quote]

What money does is actually reduce needed time
[/quote]

[quote=“SirGorash, post:24, topic:205315”]
Money is the only superpower you need in E&P.
[/quote]

[quote=“Moldox, post:25, topic:205315”]
Skill and dedication can take you pretty far as long as you have at least a hint of luck once in a while.
[/quote]

[quote=“TGW, post:26, topic:205315”]
But yes. There is a F2P clan, and there are some incredibly powerful players there. I don’t know their full stories, whether they play 24/7 or just got really lucky in their summons or what. Kudos to them whatever the case.
[/quote]

[quote=“Muchacho, post:27, topic:205315”]
Paying doesn’t get you higher strength, it just gets you to that max faster.
[/quote]

[quote=“Muchacho, post:27, topic:205315”]
I think being F2P has allowed me to keep interest in the game for so long and I have interest in the foreseeable future. When you’re chasing that high of new heroes and the need for more bench depth, paying has you lose that faster.
[/quote]

[quote=“Raelea, post:28, topic:205315”]
I actually think it’s common for F2P to sell themselves a little short on what they can do. I know I tend to personally and am often pleasantly surprised when I push myself. On Titans, works the board better, use tornados/timestops, etc. I post this as encouragement, not disagreement
[/quote]
:white_check_mark: this is a skill! wanting to 'smash' the game through money-power isn't an option in this game, if you dont 'brain' it too

[quote=“SirGorash, post:29, topic:205315”]
Pushed myself to the point I only have 1 orichalcum nugget in my inventory. Just saying :joy: It’s simply not sustainable.
[/quote]

[quote=“SirGorash, post:29, topic:205315”]
n a couple more years my clan’s hero rosters will be at the level of 14* titans.
[/quote]

[quote=“ThePirateKing, post:31, topic:205315”]
I follow the simple principle of “If you don’t have expectations, you won’t be disappointed”.
[/quote]

can make moves which increases the probability of the right tiles coming up, so that helps a lot.
[/quote]

with the right mentality one can enjoy the game
[/quote]

[quote=“CaptainjaKCsparrow, post:34, topic:205315”]
Coming to the debate: Can F2P players compete with P2P players?
Hell yeah! Of course they can compete.
With similar efforts? Of course, not!!
[/quote]

[quote=“CaptainjaKCsparrow, post:34, topic:205315”]
once you decide to remove money from the equation - things become so much more simpler - from a psychological perspective
[/quote]
:white_check_mark: and more rewardable and exciting, i might add

@jlukas511 , about myself, think a important part is ‘shown’ in this topic.

as my input, besides what other said and i agreed or disagreed above,
maybe im harsh, but i separate f2p players by 2 criterias (and competitive/14* titans aint one) and thus it follows:

1. 99.99% when possible = 99.98% dont waste any opportunity the game gives you (hardcore play)
  2. after let’s say half a year, research and ask, thus play the game smart and focus on what’s really important to achieve your goals (smart play)

*** the table below refers to those f2p players that can play the game 100% - no real life gets in the way, in any way

Player type / Criteria Hardcore Smart
efficient, determined, maybe ocd :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
grinder, chaotic :white_check_mark: :x:
laid back, lazy :x: :white_check_mark:
whyner, quitter :x: :x:

just my thoughts
:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Here are my stats just in case anybody wants to know. Java Jake defense 4242. Level 57. Playing since late October/November 2019. I have spent. Probably $200/300, I buy the VIP every month, all povs, occasionally buy summoms. Bought every Valhalla deal in an attempt to get Frigg totally regretted it. Usually only buy reasonable deals, with the exception of that single Valhalla. (Ratatoskr, Gullinbursti, Jott, et al. were consolation prizes not sure total regret is accurate, but mostly regret, could have bought a console game for that much.)

Usually don’t deal in real money. Meaning I do Google opinion surveys. I sometimes get $1 to $5 a week from those. I did shopkick but that was actually more work, sometimes than my job so it became not worth it. I don’t advise it especially with the pandemic. It was nice when I worked in a retail store, and got shopkick points every time I walked in. I use lootcakes and Google play perks and all of those kickback Google play credits. I came into more money around April/May '20. So I started also using credit card rewards but those practically are real money don’t advise using those because they can be traded for almost any good or service and even actual money.

If anybody is interested. I am linking Google opinion rewards. They do track movement and stuff so they are a little bit of an invasion of privacy, but I don’t care. That is the best way I found to get money for gaming. It’s pretty good bang for gaming credits.
The link, from the app itself:
Get paid for answering short surveys. Download Google Opinion Rewards now: https://googleopinionrewards.page.link/share

Honestly this second post started to feel more like an advertisement. I wasn’t trying to make it that way. I was just trying to say I use loopholes to spend money on the game. I mean I’ve had people in other games with me who get Google play credits as an entertainment perk from their work and it all went into mobile games. There are loopholes to spending sometimes, and Google opinion survey’s is the best one I’ve found.

At this point I feel a lot of bad deals are being realised into the game. Goblin chests, 10x chests. Good advice is probably steer clear. It might be fun once in awhile or there might be something really worth it, but usually not.

You’re level 57, and have played for less than one year?!

Auto repeat rare three of all challenge events. Flask there at low player level. Use auto tickets wisely as of recently second to last stage season 2 hard.

1 Like

Rare 3 is my favourite level to farm.
975 exp for 1 flag + chance to drop challenge coin.

So basically you negated my points because you had a different f2p experience. Ok :smile:

I guess all of us f2pers have different concepts of what being at the top is. That’s what’s making some people disagree with my posts.

Reaching #1 global once and be happy with it? Not what I consider top of the game. (I have reached top 10 once though, before the whole Velluria fiasco).

Having a deep roster of vanilla heroes? That’s not it either. I have almost every 1*, 2*, 3* and 4* maxed. Those barely help at wars or titans.

Having many vanilla 5* maxed, and a couple decent HOTMs? Again, everybody can do that. That’s normal.

I’n any case, I’m glad to know some f2p reached their definition of endgame and are still having fun after so many years of grinding. But… I wish some people here would stop pretending every f2p will have the same luck and the same fun experience with the game. That’s a bit misleading :slight_smile:

I sunk way too much to be free to play. 

Once you’ve spent money you’re out of the classification free to play. I guess I hadn’t chalked up my total when I first wrote this question. I’m going on a year and I’ve likely spent $200 to $300 If I were free to play, I probably wouldn’t
even consider that cheap to play. I guess I don’t consider myself a top player either I think my best trophies have been like 2765. In other games and circles I’ve known some players that were really good at the game like top-notch and I was just wondering how good could you be at this game, if you’re totally free to play I think the best answer was it just takes more patience and time.
Let’s see as for what makes the best player. One of my favorite aspects, is success in the challenges. Being able to beat every quest. However, I don’t think that’s the mark people look at for success in the game.
I think most players would consider it your trophies, how you do in raids. How many points you’re able to score in the war. Can you break 400, what’s your top war score? Titan high scores is another big mark. I guess. Those were the answers I kind of expected. And a lot of people hit it correctly. Saying that they rated well and they fought well in wars.

Okay, I just reread your post. If anyone ever gets to #1 I’d consider that’s a win p2p or f2p. I think I’ve gotten to 3000 in US top 10k like 6 or 7k in the world at 6 or 7 months played and that made me happy. If I were f2p and were to hit #1 that would be a massive achievement. 16.5k in a tournament gets you top 1% so let’s say there are 1.5mil - 2mil active players. (I forgot winning tournaments as a indicator of winning I have had 3 top 1% place tournament finishes, but am almost always top 5% ) I think often being in the top 1% so around 16K ranking or better often it’s a good indicator of skill and a winning mark.

Knowing that some people probably spend enough to buy a car, a computers, or gaming consoles, then being able to beat them more often than not is an achievement. If you spent nothing and someone’s spent a ton beating them is an achievement.

On another note when it came around I was like #nospend is good for me, it’s my chance to catch up. Having whales and spenders around me, in my alliance, is helpful. My spending is helpful but not enough and sometimes regrettable. A few years ago, I said how much people in StarWars spent to get heros to someone I used to work with at BestBuy, he was big in console games (Destiny) and he’d be like my god man that’s a digital character, at a console price. It’s a digital character!

I watched a YouTube of an interview of some of the biggest whales in SWGoH. One of the statements of the video was you shouldn’t judge people it was an interview of 3 gamers who’d spent like 100K, 60K, 30K on the game. I try not to judge them. There were sometimes feelings from big spenders in SWGoH, of its unfair that people who are free can compete with us.

This thread is the result of an argument that I had with one of my best friends who plays Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. He had said they pay to win structure in this game was one of the worst.

Hopefully, this thread answer some of the criterion. And explains the reasons I’ve posting. You can definitely read articles about what keeps people in the game, they’re gacha mechanisms.

Lately this game has lost a lot of people. I was very surprised not to see it in the top 200 on the play rankings, while doing some research for these articles. A Nittany Lion Roar YouTube just came out labeled SOS, it talked about the mass exodus from this game. I don’t plan on quitting. But I thought the video was accurate. A few months ago I’d looked and E&P was at the top of the charts for top gross. I guess this leads to questions like is the game becoming more pay to win?And if that is the case and you’re free to win in your kicking ■■■, is that more a mark of true success?

2 Likes

Sorry to go off topic again, but you have almost every 1* and 2* maxed! :exploding_head:

Back to topic, I do agree with your last point. I’m glad to see that there are many f2p doing really well in the game. I believe that they are best of the best examples on what is possible for f2p to achieve. Possible for them, but unlikely for others who have bad luck for 5* summons like me (and I’m very c2p).

Not only do you need to put in the time - strong dedication and have skills. You must get super lucky occasionally with limited pulls.

I’m LTE to this thread, so a lot of what the pirate King, Boolz, captain Jack Sparrow, TGW and others have is exactly what I would say.

Smart players can be excellent F2P players. Just like in every other game, playing smart makes the game easier.

I started this game at New year’s this past December 2019. For the first month I was pretty casual. But then I joined an alliance and started learning about the game and how it works and for the last 8 months have been hardcore.

I have been very lucky with great hero pulls, but I’ve also listened to my intuition and learned about summoning techniques to maximize my free Summons. I have 3 HOTM, a 5* costume, a S3 5*, a S2 5*, and multiple S1 5* heroes in 8 months of play. I am also now playing a leadership role in my alliance (same one that taught me in January 2020) and am able to help my Alliance mates grow and play smarter too.

If success in any game is being the best at everything, you’re doomed to start with. Especially in E&P - this is THE RNG game.

If success is doing your best with what you have and planning your growth so you can continue to grow and get better, F2P or not this game has a lot to offer.

It’s not about whether you can be elite as a F2P player - it’s about whether you are able to are interested in learning the nuances of E&P to be Elite. If you can do that, F2P, C2P or P2W, you will succeed.

Without that drive to find edges to use to your advantage, no person can be elite in anything.

1 Like

I am pretty sure newer users level up faster and progress their bases faster than older users from 2 or 3 years ago used to. sg wants to push more users into the elder game to keep the community strong.

1 Like

@SirGorash
I’m more than happy to help.
If you use Line, I can make a room where you and your alliance members can hop in.
Any f2p needing an advice or having a question can join :slight_smile:

Corey, I think there is more information available to newer players to help them grown faster. But it only helps if you look for it and apply it.

I’ve been saving 5+ WE flasks a month since February to use during challenge events to grind Rare 3 each month. Best XP per WE in the game. That has driven my levels sky high very quickly compared to anyone else in my alliance.

I have also taken advantage of the free VIP for people who share the game with others, and have gotten all of the packages for free VIP time. That has driven my base progression so that I could get to TC20 by month 6 without spending and $$$.

My heroes summons and training have been beyond lucky in the past 4 months, but for the first 2 months, my best heroes were three 3* heroes - Bane, Friar and Balthazar. Month 3 saw me summons Lancelot and C- Sonya, and life for better really fast after that. But that was after I’d learned how to play smarter.

It’s been iterative to be for me - the more I learn, the more efficient my resource usage - the more efficient the resource usage, the better my results and the more resources I get to drive my engine forward. The more my engine grows, the more I want to learn to make it efficient.

1 Like

no you progress faster now.

when I started, no vip, no season 2, no atlantis rising, no season 3, no hero academy… no advanced farming and mining

all these things expedite progress on the base and on leveling.

1 Like

The things that actually level you faster. I heard a lot of people complain they hate the Ninja Tower and weren’t doing it because they were frustrated or stopped early.
I didn’t use a lot of items on it. And I got to level 42. Four tornadoes came from it I was happy. 10 of each emblem came from it, again happy. Only getting to 42 was frustrating. However, I only used common items like axes and arrows. Was cautious in my play. But managed to curse out a lot of heroes. The ninja tower has its own energy and it pays out high XP as a reward. That’s something new and it’s the first thing that doesn’t use world energy to level players. More seasonal levels, level players new players quicker.
For leveling those are the only things I can think of that make you level quicker. For winning if you define winning a certain way yes I guess there are more ways to win and to come up as a low-level player. But it’s not all that from when I started a year ago.

I started a discord if anybody wants to chat there
Link: https://discord.gg/8jsNQna

So… So far no real F2P (0 money spent) has spoken?

Fully f2p, 4600 defense team, beat the entire ninja tower.

I don’t see myself in the top100 players in any given event, but it’s entirely possible to be able to clear literally all of the content the game has to offer, and thrive in a top200 alliance (perhaps even 100) as f2p.

It’s a question of dedicating time and effort instead of money.

3 Likes

May I ask who is featured in your defense team?

Raid defense

Unconventional, but keeps me floating in high 2500s.

War defense

Since we still do green tanks. A bit suboptimal, but still works.

1 Like

Cookie Settings